Trying to book a hotel in Bangkok is like pulling teeth...

Wrath of Foamy

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I’m lying in bed with the girlfriend.

We see a hotel that we like, Grand President, £120 for two nights, so I book it.

IMMEDIATELY afterwards, she starts complaining, saying that it is too expensive, that there should be free breakfast and shuttle. She starts looking at other hotel websites.

I cancel the booking.

She is telling me to book this and that, but I’m refusing.

Anybody know of a good, reasonable hotel in Bangkok?

You really expect Sherdoggers to know more about Bangkok hotels than the user reviews on the booking sites?

Going to Bangkok with your girl?

<{chips}>

m96jjd.jpg

I’m lying in bed with the girlfriend.

We see a hotel that we like, Grand President, £120 for two nights, so I book it.

IMMEDIATELY afterwards, she starts complaining, saying that it is too expensive, that there should be free breakfast and shuttle. She starts looking at other hotel websites.

I cancel the booking.

She is telling me to book this and that, but I’m refusing.

Anybody know of a good, reasonable hotel in Bangkok?

{<BJPeen} So you are having trouble booking a hotel because your girlfriend is an insufferable bich ??

You really wanna blame " impossible " hotels ??

Why are you going to bangcock?
That’s like going to Amsterdam for the architecture

Instead of changing hotels, sounds like you need to change your girlfriend.

Imagine what's being pulled when you arrive at a hotel in Bangkok.

One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster
The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free
You'll find a god in every golden cloister
And if you're lucky then the god's a she

I was going to recommend somewhere better and cheaper. Then I read your taking your girl.

I’m not going for the trannies and we are only staying in Bangkok for a night or two. I’m going because I want to see something new, after so many years in the U.K. and with my previous trips being Ireland and the US.

My girlfriend of five years in Thai, and a pain in the arse. Thinks she knows everything but refuses to do it, and when her ideas and instructions fuck things up she blames me, hence why I’ve refused to book for now.

I’ve been on Sherdog for a long time and I know that some posters have either visited or lived in Thailand. I’m simply asking for travel advice.

Your mistake was cancelling the booking.

1: Book the hotel
2: Let her look at alternative hotels and book one of those too
3: Arrive at her choice of hotel
4: Sneak out at night and take the local entertainers back to your original choice of hotel

lol at letting your girl friend find the hotel. My wife can't even decide what to eat after telling me to choose and that she doesn't care. Like I'm going to let her plan a vacation? Fuck no I got things to do with my life.

A cheap hotel in Thailand sounds like a great way of waking up to a missing kidney.

Sounds like making your girlfriend happy is like pulling teeth.

Leave her in Bangkok.

Your post makes it seem rather easy to book a hotel room in Bangkok

Back