Trying to find a way to retire by 35.

That math doesn't seem to work out.

The average income is $50,000. In 20 years (being generous and granting no raise) that's $1 million.

And most people work at least 40 years.

That's why he's poor.

Military at 17. Kick ass for America for 20 years and retire still young and shredded, trained to be a badass, at 37.
I know someone that joined at 17. She was 17 years in and the air force was letting people retire early. So she retired at 34 with a pension about 43% of her base pay, she also go 90% disability and also has free healthcare (tricare) for the rest of her life. I think combined she gets over $4500/month, more than half it not untaxed since it's disability. It's not a ridiculous amount of money, but in the right location and right lifestyle you can easily live off that for the rest of your life, especially if you already have other assets.

I just turned 30.

I spent the last 10 years working my ass off and I’m not wanting to do that for next 30 years.

Let’s try to have some dialogue in this thread and not negative backlash if you feel me.
I was in the exact same place as you 5 years ago... I'm 35 and started at 20 just like you. I don't have much advice to give, but I can tell you to expect at least another 5 years of getting your ass kicked everyday for a measly buck.

This is legit. Get an associates degree and become a travel nurse. It'll take probably 3 years for a cheap degree and get one year experience then you're making a net income of 6 figures.

I just turned 30.

I spent the last 10 years working my ass off and I’m not wanting to do that for next 30 years.

Let’s try to have some dialogue in this thread and not negative backlash if you feel me.

I ve actually accomplished this goal. But I ended up not quitting the job, since I dont know how Id spend my days yet. As soon as I figure that Im done

I didn't think I'd see a legit response in this thread but there it is.

I actually retired at 36 but went back to work. I had a lot of fun for 2 and a half years but then it was time to get back to work. I know quite a few people who don't need to work, or are just active/passive investors, and I can tell you it's not as good as it sounds. Two problems:

1. Ever heard the expression Idle time is the Devil's play? It's not a joke. I know of a few guys who had way too much money and time on their hands only to create personal disasters which were totally avoidable. I know people are going to laugh at this but the expression "Hookers and blow" is not that far off the mark. More accurately it would be, "Hookers or blow" in my experience.

2. If #1 above doesn't take you down, then just becoming weird is the other risk. You know what, working is good for people. People who don't work often become just weird. They are out of touch with reality. They start to dwell on dumb shit and look for problems.

Some people can pull it off, most can't.

^^^This is the truth.

This is legit. Get an associates degree and become a travel nurse. It'll take probably 3 years for a cheap degree and get one year experience then you're making a net income of 6 figures.

Does the associates have to be in nursing? Sounds obvious that it should be but I don't know because how it was worded

Does the associates have to be in nursing? Sounds obvious that it should be but I don't know because how it was worded
It's just a cheaper and less time consuming degree to get. I only have an associates degree

To be a travel nurse though you have to have a nursing degree.

Last edited:
Find passive income streams.
Rich Dad, Poor Dad
Dave Ramsay podcast

I just turned 30.

You and me both bro. No chance I'm slaving away for the man for another 30. This ain't what life is about.

how fuckable is the kid

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

No one that has an idea that would let you retire in 5 years would tell you. Lmao.

I just turned 30.

You've worked your ass off for 20 years, have you?

My grandfather raised 6 kids, taught himself how to build his own family house (which was finished in the late 40s and stood until the mid-2000s), worked on a railroad, saved up enough money to buy a city block, so he sell parcels to other families at below market rate and farmed in his spare time. Oh, and he was black in the 1930s-1970s in the deep south.

You haven't worked your ass off. Trust me.

alternate answer - you need about $3-5 million to retire at 35 years of age.

Also, 35 is really young. Think about it for a second. You get out of college and start working at like 24.
Your entire 20s are essentially dedicated to entry level, maybe slightly above work. If you start making money in your early 30s you're ahead of most. So to retire at 35 you better be making good money (like 6 figures at least) at the same age everyone else is getting started..

Thats why the only people you hear about who reitred early are those that get insanely lucky and get a realy nice pop of cash. Maybe a couple million or more, even then the only way to really not worry about the rest of your life is to invest super wisely and play your card right. When you're retirement is 50 or 60 years long vs 20 or 30 it takes a lot more cash, and there's a lot longer for inflation to catch up with you

If you live in Canada and make six figures after tax, it might be possible to do it in 5 years like you have left. Otherwise I would say it is basically impossible. You started too late. Aim for 45 and don't beat yourself up. Or try to buy an appartment complex to earn profit on / manage to attempt your dream.

the author is broke and destitute.
his net worth is 80 million.

His corporation may be bankrupte,b but his personal assets are fine, just like how he teaches in his books.

Just like anything in life, don't blindly follow someone. Use your brain and think, take what benefits you, reject what doesn't.

Back