Opinion Tucker Carlson: "Open" to the Flat Earth Theory

USA!USA!

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
During an interview with Blaze personality Alex Stein on Thursday, Tucker Carlson was asked about his thoughts on an ice wall and flat Earth theory. Tucker responded by stated he is "open to anything."

Stein: What do you think of flat Earth theory, Tucker?

Carlson: "Well, I'm open to anything, but I just know from shooting—"

Stein: "Hey, that's it. Cut the soundbite."

Carlson: "How could I not be open to anything at this point? I mean, there's been so much deception that you can't trust your preconceptions."

Tucker then claimed that the idea that history ascends towards "enlightenment and technological progress" is "a complete lie." Tucker stated, "the most basic stories we've been told about history, about the Earth, the physical Earth itself, which has been completely changed by climate change for millions of years, once you realize all of that, then it's like, I don't know, what is true?"

This feels like he is just shilling to keep his base by not upsetting anyone. Disappointing but unsurprising.

Last edited:
I had a college professor who wrote a paper about how flat earthers in history are mostly a myth and how todays flat earthers are just that dumb because they have more information yet came to a stupider conclusion. Most flat earthers aren't sincere they are trying to profit off of dumb people and if Tucker goes that route he is no different.

Theres this cultural myth religious authorities used to peddle the idea the earth was flat. That just never happened people just exagarrated. It's always been visibly apparent the earth is round. Every object above a certain size in our universe is round because of hydrostatic equillibrium where gravity crushes the object into a ball.

Tucker was using hyperbole to make the point we live in strange times, though no stranger than any other. He's a complete bullshit artist who interested only in propagating his own influence, thus success, but I'm not sure it's reasonable to assume any intelligent person (of which Tucker is one) is open to flat earth ideas.

Maybe he did. I don't know. I think he's just saying to not be so quick to dismiss and used a weird example.

You're right, it was a weird and wrong example.. why say don't be quick to dismiss if you KNOW it is already not true.

I think we all know why he did that, some just don't want to say it.

I know that this happens on both sides - Carlson isn't a dumb guy, but he is insulting all of our intelligence with these type of comments. Lowest common denominator type stuff, pandering to all of the dumbasses out there telling them to question science from their basements.

You should be "open" to any ideas, doesn't mean you can't discount them after hearing their argument.
Bingo. You can be open to something, consider it and then realize it’s horseshit. Kind of like communism, transgenderism or intersectionalism. Once you actually see what they are all about you can quickly realize their inherent flaws.

Lol, so he doesn't believe the earth is flat, but you're really upset because he said he isn't a dick who automatically dismisses anybody he doesn't agree with?

<Neil01>

I think, regardless of political leanings, that its very fair to say that Tuckers target market leans quite heavily towards the low IQ and the gullible. Do you really think Tucker Carlson doesn't think that humans are have a large impact on the climate?

Tucker is a disingenuous and poisonous influence on society, but I don't think anyone considers him as stupid as the people he markets his content towards.

Lol, so he doesn't believe the earth is flat, but you're really upset because he said he isn't a dick who automatically dismisses anybody he doesn't agree with?

I don't think anyone is upset because he isn't a dick who automatically dismisses anybody he doesn't agree with. The point is that he's pandering to complete idiots here, which is a symptom of a general problem on the right.

I think the internet is missing a rule, namely that any discussion on sherdog will result in the mention of trannies. Its a bizarre but predictable fact of life, it seems.
It will definitely come up when one person who believes in nonsense like men breastfeeding babies, is attempting to slam another for being open to an equally absurd stance. Don't get mad that leftists chained that weight to their ankles, and it handicaps them when they're trying to arrogantly convey that they're all about facts and common sense.

Back