TUF 17 Finale: Uriah Hall vs. Kelvin Gastelum PBP (Discussion)

Bad decision, he landed one takedown that didn't get reversed all night. Scoring system is pretty broken.

I fear that Gastellum might just be the next Amir Sadollah. Let's hope that Hall isn't the next CB Dolloway.

Uriah will get another fight in the UFC. He can still do well.

Uriah was overconfident and it cost him, Kelvin is a straight up beast and stuff like the showboating couldn't work againsthim

Yea me to. The first two rounds were clear cut and Kelvin did better grappling in the third with the striking being even. Clear 29-28 for Kelvin.

Anyone who calls that "clear" -- for either guy -- needs to put down the pipe.

Hall will have a lot to think about after this fight. Being a fighter is not about showboating and trying to impress people.

it sad because i dont see anybody from the last two tufs doing shit in the ufc besides beating the bottom of the barrel guys

Hilarious that Anik/Florian are saying "we knew Gastelum had the tools to give Uriah trouble."

Oh really, guys? Then why did you just talk about how amazing Uriah was the whole fucking fight?

Probably good for Hall to lose. It's a good lesson to learn.

I agree. I hope Hall learns some mental lessons from this fight. I think Kelvin was a bad match up for him, but Hall could have won this fight with better fight IQ.

What we really learned is while Hall is a good striker he's got nothing when he's pressured or moving backwards.

And to think people were making threads about him fighting AS

Backing up to the cage and getting taken down often from that spot, not smart

Back