TUF 17 Finale: Uriah Hall vs. Kelvin Gastelum PBP (Discussion)

Yea me to. The first two rounds were clear cut and Kelvin did better grappling in the third with the striking being even. Clear 29-28 for Kelvin.

Really surprised so many people in here think Uriah won. I thought it was pretty clear that Kelvin won.

Uriah won the last two rounds pretty clearly. Kelvin had takedowns that were reversed and was outstruck handily. You guys are just blinded by your love for the little engine that could, as were the judges.

These guys put their heart out there and look super impressive in their fights before, come up short, and you guys are all over their shit. Overeem, Hall, etc. Why do you guys post these comments? You realize half the people saying they will do ridiculous things are just trolling you, right? You people who say 'hype train derailed' can't be that dumb?

(I'm not a fan of Hall or Overeem by the way).

A2.jpg

Really surprised so many people in here think Uriah won. I thought it was pretty clear that Kelvin won.

Uh, how? Dean wasn't that far from stopping it when Hall was pounding away on him. Kelvin never came anywhere close to being the in ballpark of ending it, and hell, I'm not sure he even landed a halfway decent strike in the entire 3rd round. But I guess if you ignore the first 3 and a half minutes of the 3rd then it looks like Kelvin edges it out.

I'm interested to see the matchups for both guys after this. Do they still rush Uriah along like I feel they planned to do, or do they take the time to let both guys develop?

They should let both develop. Uriah would get beat by all of the top 10.

No way what did Kelvin do to win rd 3. He was on top for longer but got reversed again at the end

he maintained dominant position for a long time one reversal for 2 seconds doesnt negate

It seems Hall didn't went for finish but wanted to win like against Andrews but Kelvin didn't let that happen. And that Silva fence action was so stupid, hope Hall learns something from this fight

Was rooting for KG, but he did nothing with those TDs.
Now he's an Ultimate Fighter, we all could not have been wronger.

Once again, the judges place all their points in takedowns and nothing else. Kelvin landed like one clean shot, a couple takedowns and nothing else. What a fucking joke.

That being said, Uriah deserved to lose after fighting like a complete idiot. *****, you aint Anderson Silva, so stop acting like him.

Everyone's shitting on Hall but he did pretty well in the grappling department. Just his stupid "I'm going to trap myself against the cage" gameplan was bad.

I agree. It's my number one annoyance on this site. It's an incredibly rude and stupid thing to say.

What we really learned is while Hall is a good striker he's got nothing when he's pressured or moving backwards.

He KO'ed Bubba Daniels while moving backwards against the fence.

The Uriah that fought tonight bore little resemblance to the Uriah that fought on TUF. Maybe he choked due to the fact that this was a live-on-TV fight?

needed to make a thread on it?

Wasteland please

Back