TUF 20: Episode 9 Tonight at 10pm ET/7pm PT on FOX Sports 1 DISCUSSION

Randa reminds me of George Sotiropoulos' time in the house when his teammates were getting after him for not playing their reindeer games. "Would you like me to cook your breakfast for you as well?!"

And, man, Carla really knows how to spit out the word "BITCH." Her venom gave me the chills a little. I think their grappling would make for an interesting match-up.

Just that stupid little patty cake game they played showed exactly what they (Carla and Felice) are.

"She came across as..." Translation, through the hundreds of hours of tape edited into a 50 minute show, she came across as...

Face it, you barely know wtf is going on. You might as well be reading this shit in a tabloid so it can be clear that any strong reaction on your behalf indicates something about you, not the subjects in the story.

You act like it's a bad thing I used that qualifier. One would think it would be considered more intellectually honest and responsible than suggesting 100% I knew what went on from what we saw.

How bizarre is it that you came at me so hard in comparison to those who acted like they knew. Maybe you were being cowardly like your "girl" would suggest, because you thought you saw a little weakness and attacked it. The only thing indicated negatively by these posts is about you.

could have addressed it, she could have said "hey i'm going to just train outside okay? i won't be anywhere near you." felice would have probably been cool about it. it's how you go about things, do you have tact? are you respectful to others? in this case randa was not, she was completely out of line. i would have been pissed off too. the team voted, the decision was made, if randa had an issue just address it you know.

I fully get what you're saying and 9/10 times that would be the perfect way to handle it, but going by the show, they were antagonizing and talking shit to her for days before that. They didn't seem to make themselves seem reasonable to discussion, I wouldn't want to deal with them either. If I was randa and they were talking shit to me like that, I would do what she did but worse just to piss them off

If the editing made them look worse and they weren't picking on her, then you're right though

They already created a problem with Randa earlier. Randa said, "I don't understand why they don't train with me" in a previous episode. She was referring to Carla, and they are on opposite sides of the brackets.

Just that stupid little patty cake game they played showed exactly what they (Carla and Felice) are.

That, and blowing the bubble in her face. Nothing really warrants that type of behavior. She could have been seriously instigated, and the lesser of two evils in this situation, which was hidden by editing, but it's very doubtful given what we were able to see and knowing average human behavior.

TUF 20 episode 9: 381,000 viewers/0.18
looks like that basketball game was a TERRIBLE lead-in​

TUF 20 episode 9: 381,000 viewers/0.18
looks like that basketball game was a TERRIBLE lead-in​

Yeah I can see that because it went over into the next time slot. Would not be surprised if people flipped to the channel, saw it wasn't on and figured it wasn't on this week

Shame because it was a great episode. Normally my fianc

It doesn't seem that you know how voting works.

LOL

Yes they voted on it because they were the ones that didn't want to train together. Training together was never an issue for Randa. She never even wanted to have an issue to vote on. She just wanted to train and get ready for her fight.

She didn't tell them she was going to train at the same time as them because they would have said no and made an even bigger production of it than they did.

The whole thing is stupid. They are there to train and fight. Not to sit in the house. They act like game planning is a huge secret. They all know what each others game plan is before the fight. These girls are not well rounded enough or skilled enough to have some diverse game plan. It's either stick and move or get them to the floor and sub them.

And by the way I'm sure Felice and Carla are not as bad as they're getting flack for being but at the same time I thought Carla's comments to Tecia on Instagram or what have you were very meanspirited and uncalled for, particularly considered Tecia seems like a legitimately nice person.

Also, I think Randa had a great retort to the comment that both Carla an Felice are echoing "We were nothing but nice to that girl..."

Randa said something to the effect of "Everybody was nice to each other the first few days. Everyone was happy. Then your true personalities came out."

lol. Again, I root for Randa in this feud so I'm biased but I thought that was an ideal reply back.

randa is pretty awesome.

people can say whatever they want about editing, but we see enough of comments with people all in the same picture to know it is not editing.

if you are a bitch, then you can look like a bitch on the show
if you are cool, then you will look cool on the show

some people think that they are dubbing TUF or they are just fucking dumb as fuck and think everyone else is dumb as fuck because they are

even on tuf talk you could see that carla and randa are exactly the same as they were in tuf.

it's not about it being a team sport, it's about having respect for the rest of the fighters on the show. a decision was made, she should abide by that, not be a b word and just out of no where decide not to comply.

again she could have spoken to felice and said "hey i'm worried about the weight and i need to train, i'll stay way away from you, but cool if i go to the workout?"

felice probably would have said yes. that's not too much to ask, that's not too much to expect from someone, at least communicate.

did you watch the episode? those girls were screwing people out of a practice session. the girls who really want to excel were like fuck that bullshit and wanted to train both.

and they are supposed to have two training sessions. the vote meant shit, it was not legally binding. even pettis said so. vote or not there was shit he could do about it if she wanted to train.

as far as how she should have went about it, who gives a fuck, go make your own stupid decisions. no one gives a shit.

winners win, and losers blow bubbles
now get that bubbalicious

did you watch the episode? those girls were screwing people out of a practice session. the girls who really want to excel were like fuck that bullshit and wanted to train both.

and they are supposed to have two training sessions. the vote meant shit, it was not legally binding. even pettis said so. vote or not there was shit he could do about it if she wanted to train.

as far as how she should have went about it, who gives a fuck, go make your own stupid decisions. no one gives a shit.

winners win, and losers blow bubbles
now get that bubbalicious

try to follow along, i picked randa to win, but as i said in my post, if she wanted to train, FINE. but the coaches called for a vote, a vote was had, and randa lost. NOW, if she wanted to train, and she was going to stay away from felice, that's cool, but go talk to her. that's why they were calling her a coward because she didn't even speak to them about it.

people who expect you to read their minds piss me off to no end. i failed mind reading in college and no one should have the attitude of "well i was only going to do x" when they don't communicate that to the other party. some women do this frequently, and i call them out on it the exact same way, "sorry, i got a D- in mind reading in college."

no one should have the attitude that you need to read their mind, no one should be that selfish. if she wanted to train, bring felice aside and ask her if it's cool. felice is a cool girl, i'm pretty sure she would have said yes.

that's the problem i have with her, not that she wanted to train, but how she handled it, i've known women like this before and they are IMPOSSIBLE to reason with.

i doubt it

if she said no, THEN you do it anyways!

but you don't expect people to read your mind, you communicate, it's not complex, it's how we all get along in our daily lives without people wanting to brain us with a hammer.

Here's the thing- when they did that I felt like, combined with the Skrapette slumber party, that maybe all of us had been Billy Madison'd by the episode and were dumber for having watched it.

But the other thing I want to point out is that I felt really bad for Randa when they cut to her overhearing them mocking her and she was stretching and got choked up for a moment there/was on the verge of crying. I don't know what it was because there have been a ton of tears shed on TUF this season but that moment- Randas vulnerability there and just knowing that a girl who is always so stoic and tough was hurt by their antics seemed rough to me. Was really glad to see Randa beasted out in the fight and triumphed.

randa is pretty awesome.

people can say whatever they want about editing, but we see enough of comments with people all in the same picture to know it is not editing.

if you are a bitch, then you can look like a bitch on the show
if you are cool, then you will look cool on the show

some people think that they are dubbing TUF or they are just fucking dumb as fuck and think everyone else is dumb as fuck because they are

even on tuf talk you could see that carla and randa are exactly the same as they were in tuf.

Agreed that she is awesome.

Yeah here's how I view it- I think the editing excuse only goes so far. I'd venture to say that even if the TUF editors wanted to make JoJo, Tecia, and AstroGirl the heels of the season, they'd have a damn hard time doing it. I don't think these guys are just willy nilly saying "oh let's make these girls look like bullies or let's make these girls look chill and likable." I bet it's a lot about the material that they have. If they have a bunch of footage on someone behaving badly, then they're going to go with that angle.

It's like when Rousey was complaining about the editing and also just decrying the whole TUF experience- I think it was strategic in the fact that she knew how badly she would be coming across so it was better to just shit on the whole system- the producers, the execs, etc. than to own up and be like, I acted pretty badly on the show, own it and move on.

Last edited:
Here's the thing- when they did that I felt like, combined with the Skrapette slumber party, that maybe all of us had been Billy Madison'd by the episode and were dumber for having watched it.

But the other thing I want to point out is that I felt really bad for Randa when they cut to her overhearing them mocking her and she was stretching and got choked up for a moment there/was on the verge of crying. I don't know what it was because there have been a ton of tears shed on TUF this season but that moment- Randas vulnerability there and just knowing that a girl who is always so stoic and tough was hurt by their antics seemed rough to me. Was really glad to see Randa beasted out in the fight and triumphed.

It's called getting a reaction out of the viewers. That's exactly how the producers/editors of the show wanted you to feel. Congrats for falling for it.

Did not see that coming I was pretty confident that Felice was going to win good fight.

It's called getting a reaction out of the viewers. That's exactly how the producers/editors of the show wanted you to feel. Congrats for falling for it.

Lol- hey I'll take it...when I go to the movies- I want to be "fooled" too. Just because something is manipulative doesn't mean it's not relevant.

Back