Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miranda Richardson Joins the Cast of HBO's GAME OF THRONES Prequel
let's go.

tumblr_mxee7zc0OG1rg5dd5o4_250.gif

Gomorrah season 4 should be out end of this month. Can’t wait.

You're crazy. Suburra is GOAT level.... along with Gomorrah. If I had a gun to my head and had to choose, I would chose Suburra
Suburra season 1 was good but Gomorrah is just on another level.
Havent watched season 2 yet from Suburra which may affect my judgement.

First Trailer for STRANGER THINGS Season 3; Premieres July 4 on Netflix

My coworker is rewatching Game of Thrones when we're done our work, I forgot how much I hated all the Dorne stuff. They got Areo and Doran right, but then so much meh storywise. The fact that Jaime would let any of Oberyn's women near his daughter again is just the sloppiest writing. I'm a big supporter of how well they've done a lot of the show, but some of this stuff is glaring.

My coworker is rewatching Game of Thrones when we're done our work, I forgot how much I hated all the Dorne stuff. They got Areo and Doran right, but then so much meh storywise. The fact that Jaime would let any of Oberyn's women near his daughter again is just the sloppiest writing. I'm a big supporter of how well they've done a lot of the show, but some of this stuff is glaring.

I didn't mind the Dorne scenes since the rest of the show was still quality.

Then Season 7 hit, and half the freakin show is Dorne-quality.

David & Dan are now like GRRM - they just stopped giving a fuck.

I didn't mind the Dorne scenes since the rest of the show was still quality.

Then Season 7 hit, and half the freakin show is Dorne-quality.

David & Dan are now like GRRM - they just stopped giving a fuck.
Yeah, some great moments last season, but more cinematic than character driven. I'm just hoping for a mildly satisfying ending, hopefully with so few episodes they can really workshop each one.

Sam Strike and Jasper Paakkonen to Star in Amazon's THE DARK TOWER TV Series

wXfB2qW.jpg

Amazon's Dark Tower adaptation has found its two leads. Sam Strike and Jasper Paakkonen will star in the project based on Stephen King's novel, which has been in development since 2017 and at Amazon for nearly a year. With the two leads set, a formal pilot order is likely to follow.

Strike (Nightflyers) is set to play Roland Deschain, aka the Gunslinger, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. Paakkonen (BlacKKKlansman, Vikings) will play Roland's adversary, the Man in Black, also known as Randall Flagg and Walter O'Dim (among other names).

The Media Rights Capital-produced series was initially intended to dovetail with the 2017 film adaptation of The Dark Tower, which starred Idris Elba as Roland and Matthew McConaughey as the Man in Black. Since then, however, it was decided that the series will stand on its own as a more faithful adaptation of the sprawling world King created across several books.

The Walking Dead veteran Glen Mazzara will serve as showrunner for the series. "I've been a Stephen King fan for decades, and the opportunity to adapt The Dark Tower as a TV series is a great honor," he told THR in 2017. "The events of The Gunslinger, Wizard and Glass, The Wind Through the Keyhole and other tales need a long format to capture the complexity of Roland's coming of age — how he became the Gunslinger, how Walter became the Man in Black, and how their rivalry cost Roland everything and everyone he ever loved. I could not be more excited to tell this story."

The Dark Tower is one of several ambitious series Amazon has in development, including a Lord of the Rings adaptation and a global event series helmed by Avengers: Endgame directors the Russo brothers. The streamer has also signed deals with the likes of Jordan Peele, Nicole Kidman and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel producers Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino.

Amazon's 'The Dark Tower' TV Series Adaptation Casts Sam Strike and Jasper Paakkonen in the Lead Roles

I Am The Night

This is very good show that grabs you from start to finish. It's based on the true story of Fauna Hodel's book "One Day She'll Darken: The Mysterious Beginnings of Fauna Hodel." Chris Pine plays a fictional character named Jay Singletary who is a disgraced LA-based journalist and former Korean War veteran who encounters Fauna as he investigates her grandfather, George Hodel in relation to the gruesome murder of Elizabeth Short aka the Black Dahlia.

If you want to know a lot more about the Hodel family and Elizabeth Short there is a great podcast called "The Root of Evil" which is hosted by Fauna's daughters Rasha Pecoraro and Yvette Gentile. It gets super dark.

Is anyone watching Love, Death, and Robots animated anthology on Netflix? Shit is amazing.

Reminds me of Heavy Metal and Liquid Television from back in the day.

Is anyone watching Love, Death, and Robots animated anthology on Netflix? Shit is amazing.

Reminds me of Heavy Metal and Liquid Television from back in the day.

Yep, series is a blast. For those that like Heavy Metal and the Animatrix, this series is for you.

There's a thread on it where you can discuss it with other fans of the series and vote on your favorite episodes.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/love-death-robots-premieres-march-15-on-netflix.3915879/

On the last episode of Kingdom - Asian Zombie show.

Very good.
8/10 as far as tv shows go.

SUPERNATURAL to End with Season 15 on The CW

iiCWkMZ.jpg

It's truly the end of an era at The CW. The network's longest-running scripted original, Supernatural, is ending with its previously announced 15th season. Stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins made the announcement Friday on social media. Season 15 will consist of 20 episodes — on par with its current tally.

“Firstly, we would like to thank all the people who have been involved with the show both in front of and behind the camera. For us it has been an experience of a lifetime. The support we have had from both Warner Bros Television and The CW has been incredible. We'd like to give special thanks to Jensen, Jared and Misha for making this journey so special. It is now most important to us to give these characters that we love the sendoff they deserve,” exec producers Robert Singer and Andrew Dabb said in a joint statement.

"Well, it’s official. One more round for the Winchester brothers. Though nothing ever really ends in Supernatural...does it?" Ackles wrote alongside a video of the show's three stars announcing the news Friday.

Supernatural currently ranks as the longest-running sci-fi/genre series in the history of American broadcast television. The drama, created by Eric Kripke and produced by Warner Bros. TV, started on the former WB Network and carried over when the younger-focused broadcaster became a joint venture between WBTV and CBS TV Studios to form The CW. It will have aired 327 episodes when it concludes sometime next season. It is the lone show from The WB Network era to remain alive.

Supernatural's impressive longevity has become a joke of sorts among the press and CW president Mark Pedowitz, who opened his time before the TCA in January with a nod to the recently announced 15th-season renewal. "Now that Supernatural has been picked up, are there any other questions?" he deadpanned before adding that the series has been the lead-in/lead-out for "almost all our successful shows" as it has the network's most balanced audience. Pedowitz has often noted that Supernatural would run as long as Padalecki and Ackles wanted to do the series. "As long as the ratings hold up and the guys want to do it, we’re in," the exec said in January. "It’s really that simple. They have created something of these two brothers we’ve had these discussions that actually transcends anything.... f I could find a way that it stays the whole time on and it still holds up and the studio can still figure out how to do it, we’re all in."

Sources note that stars Padalecki and Ackles have used the series to supplement their income with appearances at fan conventions dedicated to the beloved cult series. The duo are also said to own a plane that they use to shuttle between the show's Vancouver set and conventions on the weekend that can often be more profitable than the money they earn doing the series that helped launch their side gig.

"We just told the crew that though we’re very very excited about moving into our 15th season, it will be our last. Fifteen years of a show that has certainly changed my life, I know it’s changed these two guys’ life. And we just wanted you to hear from us that though we’re excited about next year, it will be the finale. The big, grand finale of an institution," Ackles said. "I will say this, a little word from Eric Kripke, the creator about this world and these characters, that in a show about family, it is amazing and it is the pride of his life that it became a family. So thank you guys for that."

Supernatural is currently averaging a 0.8 rating among the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic and 2.4 million total viewers with seven days of delayed viewing. It still performs better than more than half of The CW's lineup, including previously renewed series Black Lightning, Legends of Tomorrow and Arrow, the latter of which will also wrap next season.

Pedowitz and The CW have tried at least three times to develop a spinoff of Supernatural to no avail. Pedowitz conceded that he likely was done trying to do so and attributed the show's success to Padalecki and Ackles. Supernatural has been the gift that keeps on giving to WBTV, with the independent studio profiting from the SVOD sale of the show's 300-plus episodes to Netflix. The streaming deal has, like other shows, helped bring new viewers into first-run episodes on the linear network.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/supernatural-end-season-15-cw-1196579

SUPERNATURAL to End with Season 15 on The CW

iiCWkMZ.jpg

It's truly the end of an era at The CW. The network's longest-running scripted original, Supernatural, is ending with its previously announced 15th season. Stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins made the announcement Friday on social media. Season 15 will consist of 20 episodes — on par with its current tally.

“Firstly, we would like to thank all the people who have been involved with the show both in front of and behind the camera. For us it has been an experience of a lifetime. The support we have had from both Warner Bros Television and The CW has been incredible. We'd like to give special thanks to Jensen, Jared and Misha for making this journey so special. It is now most important to us to give these characters that we love the sendoff they deserve,” exec producers Robert Singer and Andrew Dabb said in a joint statement.

"Well, it’s official. One more round for the Winchester brothers. Though nothing ever really ends in Supernatural...does it?" Ackles wrote alongside a video of the show's three stars announcing the news Friday.

Supernatural currently ranks as the longest-running sci-fi/genre series in the history of American broadcast television. The drama, created by Eric Kripke and produced by Warner Bros. TV, started on the former WB Network and carried over when the younger-focused broadcaster became a joint venture between WBTV and CBS TV Studios to form The CW. It will have aired 327 episodes when it concludes sometime next season. It is the lone show from The WB Network era to remain alive.

Supernatural's impressive longevity has become a joke of sorts among the press and CW president Mark Pedowitz, who opened his time before the TCA in January with a nod to the recently announced 15th-season renewal. "Now that Supernatural has been picked up, are there any other questions?" he deadpanned before adding that the series has been the lead-in/lead-out for "almost all our successful shows" as it has the network's most balanced audience. Pedowitz has often noted that Supernatural would run as long as Padalecki and Ackles wanted to do the series. "As long as the ratings hold up and the guys want to do it, we’re in," the exec said in January. "It’s really that simple. They have created something of these two brothers we’ve had these discussions that actually transcends anything.... f I could find a way that it stays the whole time on and it still holds up and the studio can still figure out how to do it, we’re all in."

Sources note that stars Padalecki and Ackles have used the series to supplement their income with appearances at fan conventions dedicated to the beloved cult series. The duo are also said to own a plane that they use to shuttle between the show's Vancouver set and conventions on the weekend that can often be more profitable than the money they earn doing the series that helped launch their side gig.

"We just told the crew that though we’re very very excited about moving into our 15th season, it will be our last. Fifteen years of a show that has certainly changed my life, I know it’s changed these two guys’ life. And we just wanted you to hear from us that though we’re excited about next year, it will be the finale. The big, grand finale of an institution," Ackles said. "I will say this, a little word from Eric Kripke, the creator about this world and these characters, that in a show about family, it is amazing and it is the pride of his life that it became a family. So thank you guys for that."

Supernatural is currently averaging a 0.8 rating among the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic and 2.4 million total viewers with seven days of delayed viewing. It still performs better than more than half of The CW's lineup, including previously renewed series Black Lightning, Legends of Tomorrow and Arrow, the latter of which will also wrap next season.

Pedowitz and The CW have tried at least three times to develop a spinoff of Supernatural to no avail. Pedowitz conceded that he likely was done trying to do so and attributed the show's success to Padalecki and Ackles. Supernatural has been the gift that keeps on giving to WBTV, with the independent studio profiting from the SVOD sale of the show's 300-plus episodes to Netflix. The streaming deal has, like other shows, helped bring new viewers into first-run episodes on the linear network.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/supernatural-end-season-15-cw-1196579

tenor.gif

Suburra season 1 was good but Gomorrah is just on another level.
Havent watched season 2 yet from Suburra which may affect my judgement.
The Suburra film is even better than the series imo. Gomorrah series is better than both though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back