Television TV Show Thread

I'm 3 into it today (the end of episode 3 was quite unexpected), just about to start ep4 and planning to watch them all back to back.

I've got a bit of a minor problem with the time lines. Ok so the murder is meant to be 22 years ago and the main timeline seems to be now (wireless headphones and the phones) so the early scenes must be late 90's BUT the music and clothes from that timeline are all late 80's/early 90's.

It's taken me a bit of a while to get used to Laura Haddock doing a Manchester accent too as I know what she really sounds like and hearing her speak like that is odd. I get why they used characters from Manchester even if it's a bit lazy but once they'd cast it they should have reset it somewhere else or in some unnamed town/city in England as some of the accents aren't that convincing.

Surprisingly the series is created/written by a Spanish writer.
I was mad into that scene in 1996, they got the music spot on but I can't really remember the clothes from the TV show dating back now, it was only 2 days ago but I've watched A LOT of TV since then.

Watched all 10 episodes of Outer Banks yesterday, I wouldn't recommend but as a laying in bed not wanting to be too challenged it was fun. Ridiculous and almost like an American version of White Lines in a lot of places.

Then I watched 7 episodes of Defending Jacob which was REALLY good, can't wait for the finale next week. Chris Pine was great, I kept thinking he was John Krazynsky though what with the beard.

I was mad into that scene in 1996, they got the music spot on but I can't really remember the clothes from the TV show dating back now, it was only 2 days ago but I've watched A LOT of TV since then.

Watched all 10 episodes of Outer Banks yesterday, I wouldn't recommend but as a laying in bed not wanting to be too challenged it was fun. Ridiculous and almost like an American version of White Lines in a lot of places.

Then I watched 7 episodes of Defending Jacob which was REALLY good, can't wait for the finale next week. Chris Pine was great, I kept thinking he was John Krazynsky though what with the beard.

I think maybe you're misremembering the music or you're not remembering it from the UK/Ibiza. I was looking up, some of the tracks when they played them as I was sure they were earlier and they were. You wouldn't hear 1989/90 Happy Mondays tracks in an actual rave in 1996. You might still hear them in a Friday/Saturday night at a nightclub but not an illegal rave raided and shutdown by the police.

I'm still convinced that it looked and sounded like 1889/90 when it flashed up that it was 1996 when he left for Ibiza. The rave scene wasn't cocaine then either.
Most of the tracks I didn't recognise appear to be made for the show

Hmmmm with Defending Jacob. I've watched 6 but it's one of those shows where they're trying to put too much in. The genetics, the (grand)father, the multiple suspects and a British actress playing American..... I'm still watching but I'm not convinced that I'll like the end.

I think maybe you're misremembering the music or you're not remembering it from the UK/Ibiza. I was looking up, some of the tracks when they played them as I was sure they were earlier and they were. You wouldn't hear 1989/90 Happy Mondays tracks in an actual rave in 1996. You might still hear them in a Friday/Saturday night at a nightclub but not an illegal rave raided and shutdown by the police.

I'm still convinced that it looked and sounded like 1889/90 when it flashed up that it was 1996 when he left for Ibiza. The rave scene wasn't cocaine then either.
Most of the tracks I didn't recognise appear to be made for the show

Hmmmm with Defending Jacob. I've watched 6 but it's one of those shows where they're trying to put too much in. The genetics, the (grand)father, the multiple suspects and a British actress playing American..... I'm still watching but I'm not convinced that I'll like the end.

I didn't really mean Happy Mondays, more Peach @ Camden Palace every Friday around 1996 but yeah I do recall some from 1991ish stomping around in muddy fields, it was so long ago, and I'm a metaller now lol, so it seems even longer ago.

It’s not even close.
I’m on season 2 episode 10 of Breaking Bad and not near as relatable or entertaining for me as Saul. I’m not near as captivated; I’m going to keep watching as it may get better.

May give these a whirl.
Whaaaa, I still prefer breaking bad imo

I didn't really mean Happy Mondays, more Peach @ Camden Palace every Friday around 1996 but yeah I do recall some from 1991ish stomping around in muddy fields, it was so long ago, and I'm a metaller now lol, so it seems even longer ago.

Tie die shirts in 96?

Like I said for me it looked like earlier and also it's WAY too light too everything was dark so the lasers stood out and that track is this year but made to sound old. I guess it works. I went to some illegal ones in places like that and you never knew it was morning until you went outside when it ended.

My regulars were Club UK in Wandsworth ran from 93-96 before it got shut down, we I went there loads, Ministry of Sound too they were more the Ibiza sort of thing but I spent more time in Bagleys Studios in Kings Cross and Lazerdrome Peckham as that was more my music + piers all over the SE of England (Clacton, Hastings, Portsmouth), every World Dance they did in Lydd airport, The Sanctuary in Milton Keynes, one at the Crystal Palace Sports Centre and a few illegal ones in tents in the middle of nowhere and derelict buildings. Oh and a 2 day one Tribal Gathering one somewhere in Oxfordshire too.

I only went to Camden Palace once and that was later maybe 99 or 2000, not sure why but it's probably because we'd have to go past the others I'd mentioned to get there as I was either coming from North Kent or Portsmouth.

I'm pretty certain I saw 1996 in at a 95 NYE World Dance at Docklands Arena with 12k people and I saw it out with another World Dance at the Wembley Conference Centre which was even bigger.

Tie die shirts in 96?

Like I said for me it looked like earlier and also it's WAY too light too everything was dark so the lasers stood out and that track is this year but made to sound old. I guess it works. I went to some illegal ones in places like that and you never knew it was morning until you went outside when it ended.

My regulars were Club UK in Wandsworth ran from 93-96 before it got shut down, we I went there loads, Ministry of Sound too they were more the Ibiza sort of thing but I spent more time in Bagleys Studios in Kings Cross and Lazerdrome Peckham as that was more my music + piers all over the SE of England (Clacton, Hastings, Portsmouth), every World Dance they did in Lydd airport, The Sanctuary in Milton Keynes, one at the Crystal Palace Sports Centre and a few illegal ones in tents in the middle of nowhere and derelict buildings. Oh and a 2 day one Tribal Gathering one somewhere in Oxfordshire too.

I only went to Camden Palace once and that was later maybe 99 or 2000, not sure why but it's probably because we'd have to go past the others I'd mentioned to get there as I was either coming from North Kent or Portsmouth.

I'm pretty certain I saw 1996 in at a 95 NYE World Dance at Docklands Arena with 12k people and I saw it out with another World Dance at the Wembley Conference Centre which was even bigger.

Club UK was wicked, I had completely forgotten about that, Bagley's was the one with the trippy sort of bus outside, right? Bumped into an ex there and he sort of put a damper on the vibe so didn't go back again. Did you ever do Sunnyside Up on Satuday mornings when all the clubs kicked out around 6am? Don't ask me where, I was not really with it by the time I got there.

Again, don't ask me where but I went to a Tribal Gathering where someone got stabbed, would have been like 1992?
Oh and Evolution in Basingstoke and FArnborough, they were pretty good.

Club UK was wicked, I had completely forgotten about that, Bagley's was the one with the trippy sort of bus outside, right? Bumped into an ex there and he sort of put a damper on the vibe so didn't go back again. Did you ever do Sunnyside Up on Satuday mornings when all the clubs kicked out around 6am? Don't ask me where, I was not really with it by the time I got there.

Again, don't ask me where but I went to a Tribal Gathering where someone got stabbed, would have been like 1992?
Oh and Evolution in Basingstoke and FArnborough, they were pretty good.

I'm not sure that was Bagleys, it's possible but I don't recall seeing one. It was an old brick built warehouse with a number of rooms inside and stairs I seem to recall. It was on a sort of old industrial estate, I remember you left the main road and went into a sort of large courtyard to get to it.

We didn't go anywhere else in the morning, occasionally to Vauxhall to go to the bar in New Covent Garden Market as a friend worked there so he could get us in and the bar was open at 8am. A couple of people I went out with didn't take anything so if they were with us then they just wanted to go home and go to bed. We went to Club Colosseum there too a few times. Club Aquarium was another we went to in Old Street with it's swimming pool......

Stabbings were pretty rare. In the early 90's you'd think Lazerdrome in Peckham would be dangerous but I never felt unsafe there (a little bit from the car to the club as they only accepted cash so we'd all clearly have cash on us) although the bouncers were seriously scary walking about with their large torches to check for anyone skinning up and you knew they doubled up as a kosh if needed.

I finished White Lines off and I liked it. Clearly it appeals if you were into the club scene back then but I'm sure it has a wider appeal too.

The casting of the younger versions was slightly problematic for me but I got over it and it was better than using the same actors and trying to make them look young. Anna must have got a lot taller when she was 18/19 but if you ignore the height then girl from Hollyoaks was a very good younger Angela Griffin. The younger versions did the Manchester accents better too (but not Axel, he tried too hard and was too Manc). It's strange how living in Ibiza and wherever else it was that Anna lived changed her from speaking with a Manchester accent to having a Leeds one.

Finished OZARK season 2. I like season one but this season just wasn't that good. Entertaining but very frustrating, especially with the characters' dumb decisions. The daughter, Charlotte, is a pain in the ass.

If I were the parents and the family situation is now out of control, I would just tell the children the truth so that everybody is on the same page. In this way, the children don't resent being kept in the dark and do something out of line.

Wendy at times seems to be vying for Skylar's "Most hated bitch on television" mantle. Wendy is smart and a lot of her decisions are correct but there's just something in the way she is written or directed that is so off-putting. The kidnapping episode was written so badly. So many holes, excuses and questionable character decisions just to arrive at the conclusion they wanted.

Marty and Ruth are my favorite characters. But I truly hope they cut off this repeating gimmick where Ruth will betray Marty in the middle of the season but will ultimately side with him in the end.

Edit: Also love the cartel's cool, no-nonsense lawyer, Helen Pierce.

Finished OZARK season 2. I like season one but this season just wasn't that good. Entertaining but very frustrating, especially with the characters' dumb decisions. The daughter, Charlotte, is a pain in the ass.

If I were the parents and the family situation is now out of control, I would just tell the children the truth so that everybody is on the same page. In this way, the children don't resent being kept in the dark and do something out of line.

Wendy at times seems to be vying for Skylar's "Most hated bitch on television" mantle. Wendy is smart and a lot of her decisions are correct but there's just something in the way she is written or directed that is so off-putting. The kidnapping episode was written so badly. So many holes, excuses and questionable character decisions just to arrive at the conclusion they wanted.

Marty and Ruth are my favorite characters. But I truly hope they cut off this repeating gimmick where Ruth will betray Marty in the middle of the season but will ultimately side with him in the end.

S3 was the best one imo. S2 the weakest.

Yeah Wendy has been pissing me off. Season 1 was for sure better.

Yeah, it seemed like season 2 was rushed and because of that I was a bit reluctant to watch season 3. But I'm glad I did. Might be the best season overall.

Anybody else watching THE TITAN GAMES Season 2 premiere? Love the new format with the new Titan competitors. Tyron Woodley is one of the Titans. American Ninja Warrior's Jessie Graff is here also. Jessie would probably do well in the Mount Olympus contest since obstacle racing is her forte.

Seen a lot of people say they enjoy Mr Imbetween so if you are into that kind of twisted black humour on show that has really flown under the radar is Fresh Eggs.

View attachment 765532

6 episode Kiwi drama from last year.

Two city folk move to the country to a backward town where about 70% of the population are borderline retarded. Pretty quickly shit goes south, there are (numerous) deaths and it all turns into one huge clusterfuck. And seriously twisted :D

To show how under the radar it flew, there are only three reviews on IMDB (and nothing on rotten tomatoes). Was probably my second favourite show of 2019 (Behind Grisse)

View attachment 765535

Oh, John Rhys Davies has a rare tv role in it, he's featured in the last few episodes and is ace

View attachment 765538

Its a pain in the ass to find so if you cannot find it DM me, I've got the entire season 1 on my server. (only webrip but perfectly watchable)

This was good. I watched it a few months back. I remember trying to find a trailer to post here but I couldn't find one. It kind of reminded me of Fargo in the sense that things just kept snowballing and getting more and more out of control.

This was good. I watched it a few months back. I remember trying to find a trailer to post here but I couldn't find one. It kind of reminded me of Fargo in the sense that things just kept snowballing and getting more and more out of control.

Thats a good comparison actually. I had forgotten about Fargo, but similar in its escalating chaos.

Fresh Eggs trailer

(if anyone wants all the episodes dm me)

Last edited:
Anybody else watching THE TITAN GAMES Season 2 premiere? Love the new format with the new Titan competitors. Tyron Woodley is one of the Titans. American Ninja Warrior's Jessie Graff is here also. Jessie would probably do well in the Mount Olympus contest since obstacle racing is her forte.

havent watched yet but as a huge fan of The Dwayne I would definitely check it out.

havent watched yet but as a huge fan of The Dwayne I would definitely check it out.
You definitely should. Try season one of Titan Games.

One thing I love about season 2 is that it's now 2 out of 3 wins to proceed to the next phase.

Season 3 of OZARK. I'm in episode 2 and I hate how Marty and Wendy are not working together, not on the same page and even sabotaging each other. I hate that Wendy went behind Marty's back and proceeded with the expansion plan BUT I hated more how Marty sabotaged her with his dumb decisions which forced the FBI to internal audit them and how he embroiled himself with the Kansis City Mob.

Oh and why is Ruth still living in a trailer. With the amount of money she's making, I thought she would have gotten a nice house for her and Three.

Back