TWIN PEAKS Revival Discussion

The last two episodes seemed to lead up to this one in a lot of ways (missed the thread back after both of them, seems to get buried quick). Outside of the info and event packed evil Cooper segment in the previous episode a lot of things in the last two were ambiguous hints and weird things going on with classic characters we haven't seen in a while (plus some little character moments like the Nadine and Dr. Jacoby one, Dougie playing "catch" with Sonny Jim), but the information was hinting at something down the line (Audrey's debut and the mentions of the Billy character, Sarah Palmer appearing again with lots of weirdness, Big Ed weirdness with reflections and fire). I think a couple things in this episode were a bit too up front (likely purposefully so after the last two), but this was an event and information packed episode that leads in perfectly to the final four (three essentially since the last showing is a two-parter like the premiere and second week).

Really liked how innocent Andy was the one called to the White Lodge, extremely apt. Seems like a full on invasion from the Black Lodge is going on in Twin Peaks.
Also loved the Gordon and Albert moments in the previous two episodes, especially Albert's deadpan reaction to Gordon's joke he told the French lady in episode 12. It was bittersweet seeing as Miguel Ferrer passed away.
For those that didn't know, the guy evil Cooper beat in the very intense arm wrestling/gang scene in episode 13 played Jason in the Friday the 13th remake.

Last edited:
I had the unfounded thought that maybe she is somehow tied to Josie Packer and her disappearance.

il_340x270.1265111743_c660.jpg

honestly im trying to figure it out, but im getting it, the last episode was very good in terms of putting the pieces together

Did this show get any better after episode 8? After 50 minutes of black-and-white montages of nuclear explosions and 1950s small towns, I could no longer handle watching this show. Does it get back to the plot?

Episode 8 had a lot of backstory that has everything to do with the plot.

Everything plotwise is coming to a head now. I think episode 12 was a bit of a dud, but last night was awesome.

It really wouldn't surprise me if the finale was another episode 8 though. Lynchian.

So since Laura Dern's Diane is half-sisters with Naomi Watts' Janey I assume that's where the connection between Evil Coop and Dougie Jones is. Somehow Evil Coop used Diane to help him set up a trap for Cooper.

I love as this series progresses, it makes a ton of the obscure interesting wtf? moments throughout the original run and especially "Fire Walk With Me" much more important and vital to the lore of the universe and what's currently happening now. (All of the stuff with Major Briggs, Agent Jeffries and Chet Desmond, Blue Rose, the Woodsmen with other spirits, electricity at the trailer park lightpole, etc. etc, it would take forever to list everything)

It retroactively makes you look at many things in a different perspective, even The Criterion Collection is going to release a remastered version of "Fire Walk With Me" with ""The Missing Pieces" curated by Lynch himself because it's dire to the story arc being wrapped up with TP: The Return.

The Criterion Collection is going to release a remastered version of "Fire Walk With Me" with ""The Missing Pieces" curated by Lynch himself because it's dire to the story arc being wrapped up with TP: The Return.
I'm really hoping for a version of Fire Walk With Me that edits some of the deleted footage back in. I really dislike the way the Agent Jeffries scene is interrupted by the meeting above the convenience store so that you can barely hear what he's saying. Seeing the full convenience store meeting scene and the uninterrupted Jeffries scene was a revelation.

The Missing Pieces and FWWM are in the complete series blu-ray box set. I don't think Criterion is doing a new master, just packaging things for people that want the stand alone film.

10/10 episode for me. Somewhat reminiscent of a dream sequence but Big Ed and Norma finally being together, Nadine's enlightenment. The entire convenience store+motel scene. Evil Cooper meets Richard (confirmed he's Audrey's son). Becky's husband is all drugged up and offs himself in the woods (starting to think the trailer he and Becky lived in was the one where Chester Desmond found the owl ring, where Teresa Banks was killed, and and where Mrs. Tremont and her son were in Fire Walk with Me). The guy hiring the hit men is offed. Dougie seems to finally have come to. The log lady memorial. Cockney one punch man and James get into a bar fight. Amazing stuff.

An electrifying episode.

Poor log lady.

Everything set in place for a batshit feature-length finale!

Can't even guess what kind of autistic mind fuckery we're in store for...

Very satisfying episode; "I am the FBI" (cue the main theme). I hope nothing bad happens to the Mitchum Brothers and the Candies in Twin Peaks, they are one of the best parts of the new series. Happy that Janey E and Sonny Jim at least get a happy ending via Mike.

I guess Richard was a mistake to be corrected (him being confirmed as the son of evil Cooper and Audrey). Why he was brought to that point rather than just shot is part of the mystery though. We all know electricity is one way how the lodge spirits can interact with the real world.

The episode also cleared up what I thought was all too coincidental that Diane and Janey E are sisters, evil Cooper being behind doppelganger/tulpa Diane and needing a home for the Dougie creation.

I bet a lot of people had similar thoughts to me when Audrey first went to the Roadhouse "Uh, so she is in the real world? Wait what about..." then cue the Audrey's dance announcement and it all made sense again.

The Chantal and Hutch scene was great, sad to see them go, not as characters (considering they are murderers), but performers. Jennifer Jason Leigh was great as always and Tim Roth as an evil Jim Neighbors was great as well, slipped into the southern thing much better than any Walking Dead actor.

Great performances by Dern, Watts, and MacLaughlin.

Did this show get any better after episode 8? After 50 minutes of black-and-white montages of nuclear explosions and 1950s small towns, I could no longer handle watching this show. Does it get back to the plot?

LOL, what plot?

Anyways, all in all, it's been quite a ride. Like I've said before, I won't even pretend to know exactly what the hell is going on, but it's been enjoyable for the most part, and I look forward to some dot connecting re-watches, like I do with most Lynch flicks.

I think one thing that has been lost in all this, is a damn fine performance by Kyle Maclachlan. I sometimes forget he's playing evil Cooper, along with Dougie, and even real Dougie early on. He had to really get into this shit and pretty much carry the show. Emmy worthy.

I think one thing that has been lost in all this, is a damn fine performance by Kyle Maclachlan. I sometimes forget he's playing evil Cooper, along with Dougie, and even real Dougie early on. He had to really get into this shit and pretty much carry the show. Emmy worthy.
MacLachlan has been killing it. While everyone has been waiting for classic FBI Agent Dale Cooper to return... it does get lost on you that it actually is the same actor doing the majority of the pulling this season with Evil Coop and Dougie, and how he now flawlessly slipped back into classic Coop. Damn fine acting having to play multiple distinct different characters and making it believable.

All the big name stars have been great as expected (Watts, Tim Roth, Dern, etc.) and you still have the campy shit from the lesser featured actors which is fine. But an honorable mention needs to go to Jim Belushi who has the stigma of being an unlikable can in whatever he's in for the most part, but has done a great job at playing a likeable fun character in this show along with Robert Knepper as the Mitchum Bros. Belushi is probably only good in this because I remember hearing Lynch refused to let him improvise on-set.

I wonder if the Fuscoes are done too?

I want a spin-off show of the uzi weilding insurance guy.

Anyone think that Candy might be Laura?

Where's Annie or Josie?

I don't know how they're going to wrap up everything with what time is left in this season. Should we get our hopes up for a 4th?

About damn fucking time the real Agent Cooper showed up.

Also glad two of the most annoying, want-to-punch-their-faces-so-badly characters are dead - Richard and Steven (presumably dead).

Last episode they introduced the real life, albeit English, One-Punch Man.

I guess Richard was a mistake to be corrected (him being confirmed as the son of evil Cooper and Audrey). Why he was brought to that point rather than just shot is part of the mystery though. We all know electricity is one way how the lodge spirits can interact with the real world.
I thought Evil Coop was using Richard as a dummy so that he didn't have to put himself at risk. He knew the coordinates he was given could have been a trap by Jeffries.

Back