Two fights left for UFC 300

Dana is definitely putting Kayla and Holm on the main card.

Over what? Main card already has:

Oliveira v Arman
Zhang v Yan
Gaethje v Holloway

Main card already has a wmma fight. And I doubt it'd be above Jiri v Rakic either.

Connor will be on 300 it’s just a matter of who he picks which is so so so sad to say

Leon vs Belal

Alex vs Ankalaev

Would be a good main event.

But not sure if it's quite the level that Dana promises
When will you get the main event? You guys can’t handle the main event. We’re working on a couple of different options. Trust me, the UFC 300 main event is going to be crazy.

Last edited:
It's gonna be alex vs some hw for the ULTIMATE BMF belt

The only realistic fight big enough to headline is Izzy vs Alex 3.

Most likely they want a title fight as the main event.
Traditionally if a title fight is on the card it will be the main - even if it's not the most hyped fight.
The one exception I can think of is Conor and UFC189 where the main was McGregor vs Mendes
(With the title fight Lawler vs MacDonald being co-main)

As of now, the only real possibilities for title fights are Grasso on the women's side, and Pantoja, Edwards; Pereira on the men's side. I guess you could throw in Aspinall although defending the interim belt seems lame

Nice overview.
Nice overview. So which possible opponents for them would be huge enough to be hyped as mega?
Cejudo vs Pantoja? Nunes vs Grasso?

I agree it's unlikely Dana would do Pereira vs Aspinall and sort of ruin Jon vs Stipe, after hyping that matchup for so long

Last edited:
Nice overview. So which possible opponents for them would be huge enough to be hyped as mega?

Cejudo? Holm? Nunes?

I agree that at HW it's unlikely that Dana would wanna ruin Jon vs Stipe after defending that matchup for so long
Honestly, the only possible "mega" matchup would be Pereria-Izzy at LHW or possibly Pereria Aspinal at HW. Otherwise, a Edwards-Bilal matchup isn't knocking anyone's socks off. I don't see Cejudo cutting back to 125, and otherwise would anyone really care about a FLW title bout? That division has never been much of a draw even when MM was reigning. Grasso-Shev would be just "ok".

Would be a good main event.

But not sure if it's quite the level that Dana promises
I mean what fight would be on that level? The biggest fight they could realistically make is Izzy vs Alex 3 at 205, and even that wouldn’t live up to what Dana is saying. Unless it’s Mcgregor or some crazy ass return like GSP or Khabib I have no clue what main event we “couldn’t handle”

I mean what fight would be on that level? The biggest fight they could realistically make is Izzy vs Alex 3 at 205, and even that wouldn’t live up to what Dana is saying. Unless it’s Mcgregor or some crazy ass return like GSP or Khabib I have no clue what main event we “couldn’t handle”
True, not many fights are on that level.

I was considering if it could be a new signing. Like Gordon Ryan, Rico Verhoeven. But unlikely they'd put someone's first MMA fight as the main. And from other MMA-orgs I don't see any huge stars. Allthough it would be so unexpected that maybe that fits the "couldn't handle it" bill.

Besides the fights you mention two possibilites that could fit is a champ moving up
Islam vs Leon
Leon vs DDP

Last edited:
Back