Tyron, Offering No Excuses, Asks for Rematch (Based on Resume, Not Last Night); Dana Says No

Should the UFC give TW a rematch?

• Total voters
Obviously Woodley doesn't deserve a rematch. The way he lost his worse than a flash KO. He lost almost every second of a 5rd fight. At least with a knockout he could pull a Chuck and just say he got caught.

On the other hand, WW is a wasteland right now. Colby deserves the first shot but who else is there? I just hope Woodley doesn't sit on his ass waiting again like he did for his first title shot. He needs to fight.

$$$$$

Conor can sell PPVS, Woodley can't.

Not that hard to understand really.

Oh I do understand..
I just dont like it.
I am against instant rematches..
But at least TWood put his belt on the line and defended it.
Conor got stripped at choked the fuck out.
But let base a potential rematch on potential ppvs and nothing else.

No, a 5 round ass whipping is much more indicative of who the better fighter is than 1st round ko or subs imo. Sometimes in quick finishes you get caught with something. If you get dominated over 25 minutes, not sure what adjustments you could make to change your fate.

I think it was too drawn out and one-sided for a rematch, BUT selfishly I wouldn't mind if that meant we get to see Colby vs Askren next.

meh.
Less deserving people gets rematches.
More deserving legends don't get rematches.

UFC does whatever the fuck they want. People just accept that.
Colby being next for a title shot is insane and absolutely no reason.
But I believe it can happen. As a rematch would happen if Dana liked WOodley.

Even if he deserved it, we all know Dana wouldn't have given a rematch to him.

Dana wanted to get the belt away from Tyron. Even if he knocks everyone out in thirty seconds, he's not getting another shot.

I actually like Woodley, but that was a horrible performance. He can bounce back, or at least do much better than that, but he can take another fight first.
Immediate rematches have to be a rarity, a top guy losing should get them to take a quick turn around fight, and THEN start calling out for a rematch. No more of this "run it back" or "i'll wait" bullshit.

resume shouldn't get you the rematch

his performance was awful
he needs to earn a shot again, that can be in 1/2 fights depending how they book him

I dont particularly rate Colby as a person or a fighter but I got a feeling he will do a hell of a lot better then woodley against Usman. I might even have him winning that fight.
Say what you will but he's s grinder himself and he finds the way to win . I think he may be a little craftier than Usman

If they don't give Tyron a rematch then don't give Conor one, simple as that. I'm fine with no immediate rematches.

This cherrypicking bullshit is so annoying though

I’m guessing you’re talking about the Conor/ Nate rematch?
Different circumstances man.
It was a short notice opponent change at the last minute, at a different weight class, and there were no belts or division rankings on the line.
Both fighters wanted the rematch and refused to fight anyone else.

Different circumstances.

If you’re talking about a Conor/Khabib rematch, that’s not even relevant- Conor doesn’t want the rematch and hasn’t been asking/ demanding it.
That’s a hypothetical situation that doesn’t actually exist.

Nah I think he should fight the rda vs ponz winner.

By the time colby and usman have fought,he would have already beat all other contenders for the belt.

rematches just tie shit up unnecessarily. i'd rather see different fighters go at it and later bring out the rematch when there's a compelling reason.

Based on the result, no.

But if he picked up a good win I wouldn’t be against him getting another crack.

No rematch Tyrone didn't offer hardly any offense in the fight. Had it been close then yes.......

They should, he's been a dominant champion for sometime. In boxing I know they rematch clauses in their contract, I'm not sure if Dana allows anything like that in the UFC.

Back