Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder fight is set for December in Staples Center

Who wins?

• Total voters
got this fight and also the fight next weekend to look forward too.

So apparently Fury signed today, a mere 5 weeks since Frank Warren said ‘next week’.

Hearn is saying that AJ Wilder isn’t happening until Nov 19 at the earliest.

Shitshow.

So apparently Fury signed today, a mere 5 weeks since Frank Warren said ‘next week’.

Hearn is saying that AJ Wilder isn’t happening until Nov 19 at the earliest.

Shitshow.
Hearn is pissy hes not a part of this.

Now that the date and site is almost squared away, the undercard is beginning to take shape. Junior middleweight champion Jarrett Hurd could return on the televised undercard, per sources.

He hasn’t competed since suffering a torn rotator cuff, but he’s resumed training. Hurd would likely be matched up with a middling opponent before an early 2019 showdown with Jermell Charlo for the vacant Ring 154-pound championship.

Hurd scored the biggest win of his career in April, a victory over Erislandy Lara that required a final-round knockdown to pull out the decision.

Heavyweight contender Luis Ortiz could also continue his comeback on the undercard. The Ring’s No. 4 heavyweight had Wilder in serious trouble during their March fight, but the 39-year-old Cuban was knocked out in Round 10. He returned with a second-round KO of Razvan Cojanu in July, and figures to secure another notable fight soon.

https://www.ringtv.com/544012-deont...-for-dec-1-at-mandalay-bay-or-staples-center/

According to Ring magazine

Jarrett hurd, keith Thurman and Luis Ortiz will be part of he undercard

Not

Mares/tank and Russell/LSC

(Another rumored PBC event in December, Fox debut of the new deal)

The biggest heavyweight fight of the year is going to have a taste of 'King Kong' - because Cuban contender Luis Ortiz is expected to return on the undercard to Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury, which takes place on December 1 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

"Yes, we are going to be on that card," said German Caicedo, Ortiz's trainer, to George Ebro.

"After the fight in the summer, Luis has stayed in the gym and remained there in an enviable way. We're going to remind everyone that he's still an elite boxer, the best in the division. ''

luis-ortiz%20(1)_4.jpg

The biggest heavyweight fight of the year is going to have a taste of 'King Kong' - because Cuban contender Luis Ortiz is expected to return on the undercard to Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury, which takes place on December 1 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

"Yes, we are going to be on that card," said German Caicedo, Ortiz's trainer, to George Ebro.

"After the fight in the summer, Luis has stayed in the gym and remained there in an enviable way. We're going to remind everyone that he's still an elite boxer, the best in the division. ''

luis-ortiz%20(1)_4.jpg
Who the hell is he fighting though?

Its a shame the timing isnt right for Ortiz/Povetkin. But Whyte and Parker dont have anything lined up do they?

It'll probably be some random can, sadly.

Who the hell is he fighting though?

I guess they'll give him an American this time. I heard rumors they want Breazeale in. It's a nice fight though I would better prefer Kownacki or Andy Ruiz.

I guess they'll give him an American this time. I heard rumors they want Breazeale in. It's a nice fight though I would better prefer Kownacki or Andy Ruiz.
Hoping for someone relevant. Ortiz belongs in with top dogs.

Ortiz vs Breazeale, Hurd vs ? (any ideas anyone?), and I can't find anything about Thurman being on the card. Last I heard he was going to fight Josesito Lopez in his return. Anyone know if this is going to be on the PPV?

Not a chance! & I want to see Joyce in with yoka.
Ortiz has had an easy comeback fight, and there are some decent fights for him out there. Time to get back in with a top 10 fighter if he wants another crack at the belts. As has been said already Parker or whyte would be fantastic. Breazealle would be decent but he ain’t going to risk his title shot, which is understandable. It will no doubt be underwhelming whoever it is.

Not a chance! & I want to see Joyce in with yoka.
Ortiz has had an easy comeback fight, and there are some decent fights for him out there. Time to get back in with a top 10 fighter if he wants another crack at the belts. As has been said already Parker or whyte would be fantastic. Breazealle would be decent but he ain’t going to risk his title shot, which is understandable. It will no doubt be underwhelming whoever it is.
Schaefer is not going to pin Joyce vs Yoka with less than 10 fights each. Joyce is 32 he needs to step up quickly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back