Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
Impressed that he got a knock down, a real knock down and that he didn't badly tire. I guess I could also add that he didn't look one iota as bad as the rest of the mma'rs when they get in a boxing ring, bearing wise. That is to say, no stupid shit like McGregor slapping at the back of Mayweathers head.

Let's be honest, Fury looked like shit and still eeked out a decision.

Ngannou was exhausted in the 8th and 9th yet Fury just chilled.

A shit fury should have been finishing him. Very impressive performance

100% francis ate some fucking monsters, and didn't even looked phased. there were some moments that looked maybe a little questionable, however the way he responded right away shoved that shit to the side. Francis looked phenomenal tonight. Absolute awesomeness.

I don't know if he's on coke or not but I have said all along, I've seen boxers do the "now that I've cleaned up I'm a changed man" act a lot and most of the time I've seen it, it only lasts for a fight if that. Most of them seriously derail their careers and NEVER get back to their old form. Some manage to eak out a few good wins but most that I've seen are never the same after having a serious addiction problem. Now, that was the fighters from other eras and how that would compare today with the lack of talent, I'm not sure. I would not be surprised if Fury is on the stuff again and a guy that fragile minded, this performance will not help him. Coke ruined a lot of great careers and even the guys like Pernell Whitaker who still dominated damaged themselves with the stuff. However, most just went away and never came back all the way the same. I've read heartbreaking stories that aaron pryor lost 20 pounds from his fighting weight and was even fighting in the streets for pocket money at one point, SI printed that story and I hope it wasn't true.

If Pryor really had to do that, it's really sad. Plenty of boxers from that era are comparable to Vietnam vets... returned home after years of war, broke and broken.
How did Matthew Saad Muhammad do after boxing? How is Wilfred Benitez doing these days? What is Meldrick Taylor up to?

Not sure if even a straigth right from Wilder could knock this man down. He's an absolute tank.

I never thought Fury could put him away, despite expecting it to be generally uncompetitive. Never seen anything like him, Stipe was using his as a punching bag for the better part of 25 minutes and could do 0 damage.

Uh Wilder did knock em down tho lol

Just Francis. It may also really show the skill that top MMA coaches have in watching film, and coming up with plans off of it.

LOL we are really gonna clutch to a 100 year old fight that happened between 2 50 year olds in boxings defense?

MMA and especially UFCs heavyweight division has come a looong way since then and both men were way over the hill (Pudz got dropped by Sean McCorkle and went on to hunt Sylvia down around the ring after that!! lol)

Now in 2023 one of the current top MMA heavyweights just whipped the ass of the CURRENT heavyweight champion. If we're talking about old guys beating old guys... a middleweight MMA fighter just beat the lemonade out of an ex heavyweight champ in BOXING last year lol (vitor vs holyfield)

Tim Sylvia was the UFC champion just 2 years before his lost to Mercer. Mercer was last heavyweight champion 20 YEARS before the fight with Sylvia. o_O

If Pryor really had to do that, it's really sad. Plenty of boxers from that era are comparable to Vietnam vets... returned home after years of war, broke and broken.
How did Matthew Saad Muhammad do after boxing? How is Wilfred Benitez doing these days? What is Meldrick Taylor up to?
Matthew saad and meldrick I don't know much about their post ring lives but I don't think either was good. Benitez I saw a beautiful docu, touching even though he's in bad shape. I was moved that he had a caretaker that would give him a kiss, moving to see a muscular dude kiss this helpless looking figure that we know was once boxing royalty. They say wilfred was in a hospice in chicago at the time of the docu.

Aaron Pryor, that story I was so saddened by that I emailed to his website but his wife told me SI was full of crap, which, I know from experience is very very possible. So, I don't really know the truth there.

Last edited:
... Yall think Francis was gonna win and believe he won.. ( or was winning)

Glad i didn't waste 100 bucks.. tyson wasnt even trying.
Tyson tried to surprise knockdown Francis the way he came out, bur Francis chin is pure granite. Tyson looked good and his regular self, the problem was Francis patience, distance managment, left hand fight, and strong left jap/hook. He was stylistically well matched against Tyson with that long and strong left, but would worse against other boxers and ironically Deontay and AJ.

Matthew saad and meldrick I don't know much about their post ring lives but I don't think either was good. Benitez I saw a beautiful docu, touching even though he's in bad shape. I was moved that he had a caretaker that would give him a kiss, moving to see a muscular dude kiss this helpless looking figure that we know was once boxing royalty. They say wilfred was in a hospice in chicago at the time of the docu.

Aaron Pryor, that story I was so saddened by that I emailed to his website but his wife told me SI was full of crap, which, I know from experience is very very possible. So, I don't really know the truth there.

So she didn't really deny it? Lol

Saying that SI is full of crap could also mean she's pissed because they revealed that sad fact about Pryor... who knows.

So she didn't really deny it? Lol

Saying that SI is full of crap could also mean she's pissed because they revealed that sad fact about Pryor... who knows.
yes, that's my take, the shame of the story, so, I'm not sure. What we do know is that Pryor had some bad times in the years before he finally got sober.

Styles make fights. I think wilder or ortiz spark him.
Francis style of long strong left is very good for boxing. He managed to transition to a boxing skillset with what his body and ability can do extremely well. He seems to understand fighting above what is traditionally pushed on everyone.

Is there.anyone here that thinks Francis lose.to Wilder??
Who could have guessed that before yesterday?
He would lose to Joshua though and to the fat Mexican.

Pretty sure that if you miss a fight through injury you're removed from the season, at least that's how it's worked so far.

You're definitely not allowed to sit out intentionally.
I really have no idea and am only assuming. I don't think this scenario has ever actually happened. It just seems that points would be the main thing with how much they go on about them.

I really have no idea and am only assuming. I don't think this scenario has ever actually happened. It just seems that points would be the main thing with how much they go on about them.

Points are the main thing, but the issue with it is 6 points is pretty much always enough to go through, so if a boring wrestler just wrestlefucks two decisions they'll still likely get there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back