Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
Problem is he doesn't get them anywhere toward a title, and they've seen how dangerous he is. It will be hard to make these deals without serious Saudi money as an incentive.

He will get a Fury rematch sometime as long as Fury doesn't retire after Usyk.

I don’t think Joshua goes anywhere near Francis. Too risky for Hearn, who is doing his damndest to resurrect Joshua’s reputation in the eyes of the people. I don’t think Wilder would give a flying fuck and would do it.

An elite boxer got close decision against a 0-0 guy that panic-wrestled in his last MMA fight because he was getting outstruck.
Myself and everybody expected Fury to beat the crap out of Francis. It wasn't supposed to go like that.

It is undeniable that boxing is a way better business for fighters tho. UFC takes a giant cut out of the money they make and they are basically a monopoly.
But also in MMA the fans usually get the fights we want to see. I'm still pissed off because AJ vs Wilder never happened when they were both undefeated. In MMA we get those fights like 90% of the time.

Hundred percent agree with everything you said.

One thing I will say is if anything, UFC is in shambles because what is Cyril Gane thinking now -- "Why don't I get rid of Dana, take charge of my life and try out a boxing career? I was outstriking him and look how well he did? I should try it."

And good for him. Any high level striker -- if they really can hang (remains to be seen whether Ngannou can sustain this) -- would have a much more lucrative career in boxing.

Dana is billionaire. I think he will be alright.

There has yet to be an MMA equivalent of this.

5e57e299e522bb63-600x338.gif

I think if they opened their checkbook and gave him the Conor treatment he'd come. But that's a huge stretch. So many good HW fights for him if he returned. But he has a serious chance in boxing HW division so he should probably abandon mma altogether and just focus on that.

Fury’s resume as a champion outside the Wilder fight is Chisora who is a depleted journeyman and Whyte who was his mandatory then Ngannou an unranked boxer in a non title fight .

I hope he fights Ngannou again to really put the stamp on worst resume in history as a boxing champion . Lol

I’m beyond exited for Francis, but folks often confuse “doing better than expected” with winning. There were 6 rounds in which Fury out-landed Francis. There was a round they tied for punches landed, you can coin flip who won that round. To put it into perspective, Francis only landed 7 or more punches in 3 rounds, while Fury did it in 6 rounds. Saying that Francis won definitively shows people don’t know what they’re watching in boxing.

Fury also tried to elbow and cut Francis so that should have been a point deduction.

On top of that, there are a MULTITUDE of professional fighters in both MMA and boxing that think Francis did enough to get the nod. These people forgot more about fighting than you will ever know.

Dana should never have let Francis leave in the first place. They didn't accommodate or treat him properly. Just like these women crying and repenting on SM because they left a good man and now realize they made a mistake and want them back.

Dana is a girls name so it makes sense

Fury fight just opened the gate to the boxing fir Ngannou. Now he has a massive hype after successful boxing debut & everyone talking about him.

He can fully concentrate on boxing's big payday fights now... vs likes of Joshua, Wilder et al.

Boxers are gonna duck him bud

Fury’s resume as a champion outside the Wilder fight is Chisora who is a depleted journeyman and Whyte who was his mandatory then Ngannou an unranked boxer in a non title fight .

I hope he fights Ngannou again to really put the stamp on worst resume in history as a boxing champion . Lol
And a 65 year old Klitschko too

My best guess after rewatching is that Fury had some type of understanding with his trainers that gave him the leeway to engage Ngannou as he saw fit but if he were to get knocked down, or hurt badly, he would immediately resort to boxing defensively and, for all intents and purposes, counting punches to ensure he would at the very least win on the scorecards.

I think it was a mixture of Fury hitting Ngannou early with shots that would have put most, if not all, other opponents down and out and not even causing a stumble. Fury feeling embarrassed that Ngannou, a total novice, knocked him down in front of a room of boxing legends and mega celebs. And Ngannou perhaps legitimately hurting him during one of their later exchanges, post knockdown, despite it going undetected by the commentary (Fury was held up by the ropes at least once during R7-R8 if not a few times).

They weren't francis haters, they were people who just doubted him for good reason. I was one of them, but I hoped francis would pull it all off. I just had Zero faith he actually would. Most people are happy for francis
There were all these financial planners out there telling us how Francis F’d up and without ufc he’s dead. Fury will beat him like a punching bag and end his career marketability. While ufc would have paid him more money LMAO

unless you were one of those this doesn’t apply to you. Having doubts about a debuting guy against the worlds best in his world is perfectly normal. 99% of us didn’t expect him to win

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tysoncards
Back