Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
Maybe re-read what I wrote? Technical boxing FROM THE OUTSIDE.

In addition to Francis' patience throughout most of the fight, it was the knockdown that resulted in Fury fighting more conservatively (much less aggressively than we have seen in previous fights) rather than some weak narrative of him 'carrying' Francis.

Watch Wilder 1. He came off the couch. Out pointed Francis easily.

Francis threw 6 punches in the championship rds.

Francis has all the options now. He can fight AJ, wilder or wait for the usyk/fury winner

I’d have to agree with this assessment. I think Francis “gave up” rounds while trying to manage his energy in rounds 5 and 6. Then had nothing to give in rounds 9 and 10. Actually came out with some bounce in the 10th but didn’t really let his hands go. I agree with Tyson making the better adjustments in a second fight. At the end of the day, I don’t think Francis suddenly develops boxing cardio at this stage of his career and that ultimately limits him unless he can take out the opponent early.

I think there are better options for both guys.

Fury Usyk is what the boxing fans have wanted for fucking forever and they will respond really really angrily if that is not next.

Ngannou has probably got his pick of top 15 boxers or at least some options.
Fights I personally think make sense

Andy Ruiz
Parker
Zhang (or anyone with a lower than big three Alphabet sanctioning body level belt)
Luis Ortiz

AJ
Wilder

Ngannou impressed me a lot last night, i thought for sure he was going to get his face boxed off. However, your post is still stupid. For one, he lost. It was close, could of gone either way but he lost the decision. Secondly, i don't think Fury took the fight as seriously as he should have, and if it's any division that an upset of this magnitude could hapen, it's the HW division. The HW division has some good fighters, but anyone who has followed boxing for the last so many years knows that the HW division right now is pretty bad, especially when compared to HW eras of the past. Also, this is literally the ONLY example i can think of where an MMA fighter looked even remotely good against a top boxer. So let's not act like this is a trend, at all.

Funny, I saw a reaction video that Roy Jones made and he said the same thing as well, that Francis won.

RJJ is the man. Him, Tyson and DLH are guys I was a fan of and watching before I even knew anything about MMA.

Nice showing by Francis BUT boxing judges are corruption judges similar to a Jones fight. Unless KTFO, Jones & Fury are getting Ws.

Usyk v Fury next. Not the best showing by Fury. Not the best look on boxing. I think fury was out of shape and didn't train seriously. Francis came in guns blazing.

Was easily out pointed. The guys on mma streams crying about the decision are clueless and effeminate. <Moves>

It was a super close fight and the real winner was mma.

"Easily outpointed" - Fury won by 1 point against a 0-0 boxer who got outstruck in his last MMA fight.

He’s too big now. Doesn’t need ufc. KOing Jones does nothing for him monetarily compared to fighting Aj, Wilder or the fury-usky

are you really counting THAT fight a win for boxing? i guess Fury's promoter got a giggle out of making the fight happen to stick it to Dana but what happened DURING the fight made boxing look 1000x worse.

simpson-everyone.gif

<Lmaoo> Pretty much.

The mma pods were full of grown men soy boys crying into their stream. Not a man cry. Full blown whimpering. <45>

I feel like Fury would do much better in a rematch. Part of Ngannou's success was because there was no footage of him boxing. It's a bunch of short MMA fights, which rarely happened considering how inactive he was. Even the 5-round Gane contest was with a significantly compromised Ngannou who had to rely on his grappling.

I would love to see him go up against Wilder.

No thanks. Francis won and got hosed. No need to see another corrupt as hell boxing match.

Every time I watch it, I constantly get reminded why I stopped watching it
No, Fury won 7rds out of a 10 rd fight. You must have stopped watching because he cant score fights and didn't know what to watch for.

Hell even mmajunkie had Fury winning 7rds to 3 and that's a mma site

Nice paydays but its a sad waste of an elite MMA fighters talents competing in boxing. I'd much rather see Ngannou using all his tools to deal with the stylistic match ups of guys like Jones, Aspinall, Jailton etc than have him competing in one dimensional combat against some dude who would get tapped in the first round by Martin Buday.

I think this fight happened largely because Fury was interested in an easy payday. If Francis was trying to get a fight with a completely uninterested fighter, I don't think it would have happened. I never before considered the boxing world coming together to spite Dana White, but I don't think that's what happened.

But I do remember laughing very hard when this fight was announced because it followed a few weeks of Tyson going back and forth with Jon on twitter, leading Jon/UFC to believe he might be interested in a boxing match with Jones. From beginning to end, Jon and the UFC have been utterly fucked with by this fight.

so what do you think would've happened if Fury picked Jon instead? i don't think Jon would take a boxing fight, and if Dana and co didn't believe in Ngannou i'm sure they believe even less in Jon Jones winning. if they want money i guess it's a good fight, but it seems like UFC would be risking a lot, even more than if they had agreed to let Ngannou box.

I feel like Fury would do much better in a rematch. Part of Ngannou's success was because there was no footage of him boxing. It's a bunch of short MMA fights, which rarely happened considering how inactive he was. Even the 5-round Gane contest was with a significantly compromised Ngannou who had to rely on his grappling.

I would love to see him go up against Wilder.
Wilder sleeps him.. that straight right is deadly.
Styles make fights and wilder is a bad styles matchup

Back