Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
That should have been a point deduction.

Honestly it might have been the heaviest shot Fury landed all night. A point deduction would have been fair but the ref and commentators didn't see it in real time, does boxing allow for retroactive ref calls while fighters are in their corners and they see the footage between rounds?

Last edited:
First off dont compare Francis to connor,
matter of fact naw i wont do that. Connor was legit, ill give him that,
and ill be lying to say I dont get excited watching him fight. but Francis is a UNIT.

I was impressed, he looked better than I expected. Not very impressive technically, but overall slightly better schooled and less awkward and unconventional than I expected. Reflexes are still there even at 37, and his punching power, punch resistance and strength = obviously also great. With better stamina he would have outscored Fury, who looked like complete garbage and fought like a moron most of the night. Maybe his stamina will improve when he gets some routine and learns to relax more, but he was actually doing that better than Fury tonight, I think. Fury was the one wasting energy. Frank is carrying a bit too much muscle mass to be able to fight hard for 10-12 rounds, and the only way to deal with that is take off some weight. Not sure if he's going to want to do that. And he's obviously never going to be a great boxer, but this is 2023 and the talent pool has not at any point in my lifetime been shallower, so it's not like he has to be some kind of wizard to compete. Don't bet your house on him against anyone in the top ten regardless of how close he came to winning tonight, though (and he did come fairly close).

Francis blew his load in the 7th and was barely moving in the 8th and 9th.

Im no fan of fury or boxing but he literally let Francis recover.

And Fury was tentative to initiate offense because of of the knockdown.

You don't "let" someone recover to lose rounds and go to a split decision.

Never forget. McGregor vs. mayweather is the only reason fury vs. ngannou even happened.

Without that precedent none of this happens.

This was the precedent

Muhammad-Ali-Antonio-Inoki.jpg

Not necessarily true.

Wilder is an established elite BOXER and landed cleaner punches, as you would expect given that boxing is his sport.

We didn't see Tyson eat the best shot either of those men have to offer imo.

Back