Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
Problem is he doesn't get them anywhere toward a title, and they've seen how dangerous he is. It will be hard to make these deals without serious Saudi money as an incentive.

He will get a Fury rematch sometime as long as Fury doesn't retire after Usyk.

Ngannou made a name for himself and is in with the Saudis.

Him fighting Wilder or Joshua is feasible because they're both currently out of the title picture as it is.

But boxing, in some form, was what he learned first and his focus was always boxing-centric. I will say this though: it's possible that having to learn the elements of wrestling and grappling etc. for MMA may have prepared Ngannou more than many boxers to face Fury's clinchwork.
That was actually my thought too when the commentators were talking about fury using the clinch to lean on people, I mean surely some of ngannou's MMA camps would've prepped and conditioned him for the standard couture wall n stall gameplan

Not necessarily true.

Wilder is an established elite BOXER and landed cleaner punches, as you would expect given that boxing is his sport.

We didn't see Tyson eat the best shot either of those men have to offer imo.

He's not an elite BOXER. HIs boxing skills suck. If they were good, with his power, he would be dominating and champ for a very a long time.

Francis wasn't ducking Jones, he was ducking the lewis rematch.
<EdgyBrah>
No, he has been ducking Zoumana Cisse for the last 10 years. He went to the UFC to hide from him.
The only reason he lost to Lewis is that he had flashbacks when facing a chubby black guy again.

upload_2023-10-29_6-37-0.png

Lewis was so scared of mind broken Ngannou that he also didn't do anything in that fight, which was 5, soon 6 years ago.

Respect to Francis -he looked composed out there while Fury just reinforced the beliefs that fat people are bad.

Reactions: HHJ
Dana looks uncomfortable and funny......
camel-ride-batman-robin-mjdsnzjhpstrlwaf.gif

Fury won, Francis has 3 clear rounds, maybe 4, that’s 94, fury won 6 but suffered a KD, that’s 95 at worst, no matter how you want to see it, if you’re neutral and don’t gobble either fighters balls, it’s a fury win.

the important thing here is how impressive nganou was and now much his stock grows after this, I want to see nganou vs wilder, vs Joshua, vs fucking everyone and in even interested in seeing him assassinate some cans in the PFL, the only thing i don’t want is him back in the UFC, fuck Dana and quitter jon jones, they lost their chance.

nganou is going to make some serious money out of this whole thing, his move paid off, and jones is stuck injured while he waits to fight a retired 40 year old firefighter who lost to Stephan Struve, so he can call himself the goat? Yeah fucking right.

This is such a satisfying moment in mma history. Go Francis.

Wilder didn’t knock fury out cold. It is an obvious correction about something I don’t understand why you lied about, but it’s worth saying.

I don't think you understand what "out cold" means.

The post was going well until "knocked Fury out cold".

Wilder didn’t knock Fury out cold.

No. I've already corrected this one. No, he didn't. You either don't know what "fact" means or what "out cold" means.

giphy.gif

This is what out cold looks like.

Yes, he got up in time. That doesn't change the fact that he was fully unconscious (i.e., out cold) for several seconds. There are many refs who would have stopped the fight based on that reaction alone, and nobody would complain.

Plus, Fury is on record saying that Wilder knocked him out.

I edited my post for the sake of avoiding more pointless discussion but please, find something else to nitpick.

No. Find something else to correct. Wilder briefly left Fury unconscious. That's a fact.

Wilder knocked Fury out cold in the first fight, even Fury is on record saying so. The fact that he beat the count after getting separated from his senses was what made that fight special.

Thanks for understanding the English language.

Problem is he doesn't get them anywhere toward a title, and they've seen how dangerous he is. It will be hard to make these deals without serious Saudi money as an incentive.

He will get a Fury rematch sometime as long as Fury doesn't retire after Usyk.

I'd guess you also have guys like Wilder and Joshua who are a bit past their best who view Francis as a way of having a big fight with some hype behind it thats also potentially winnable and could help relaunch them.

Lol revisionist history is silly. Lewis landed literally 1 singular head strike in that fight. I'm serious. 1. Look it up. That fight was nothing more than Francis confidence and motivation being gone and having an existential crisis after his meteoric rise and fall to Stipe in his prior bout. Francis came back better and took the belt and defended. BB quits under the big lights.

I reckon he'll have a hard time finding a fight. Any serious title contendor isn't going to want to face him. Doesn't get them closer to contention and risks them being bumped down.
Maybe someone who is a reasonable name, but hasn't got a realistic title path over the next few years. And is game.

Ruiz might fit that bill? That would be a comical face off as well

Francis started out as a boxer. In MMA math that means he's a boxer.
Boxing wins.
He messed around but never even had an amateur fight. He has a pro mma career.

But he destroyed a so called goat boxer in his first ever boxing fight. Just a straight fact. Dropped him and danced all over him. Real fight the follow up GNP, elbows etc, Fury would still be in a coma. Cope harder XD

MMA wins. That's why the boxing community is shook globally

see i wouldnt even be upset at your trolling if THE LOVE WAS TRULY RECIPROCATED.....but um
... ddp is a good dutch fighter. love that place too.
Woke response. Living up to your name. The love and respect is reciprocated. Send me a pic of your horn

I reckon he'll have a hard time finding a fight. Any serious title contendor isn't going to want to face him. Doesn't get them closer to contention and risks them being bumped down.
Maybe someone who is a reasonable name, but hasn't got a realistic title path over the next few years. And is game.

Ruiz might fit that bill? That would be a comical face off as well

Again though I think you could argue he's in quite a fortunate position in that todays HW scene has a lot of big names on the downturn who've lost to Fury/Usk and are out of the HW title scene as a result.

Really I think Wilder or Joshua is probably a bigger drawing fight than anyone Francis could face besides the big two.

giphy.gif

This is what out cold looks like.

Yes, he got up in time. That doesn't change the fact that he was fully unconscious (i.e., out cold) for several seconds. There are many refs who would have stopped the fight based on that reaction alone, and nobody would complain.

Plus, Fury is on record saying that Wilder knocked him out.

I edited my post for the sake of avoiding more pointless discussion but please, find something else to nitpick.

Thanks for understanding the English language.

Thank you for correcting yourself and you are welcome for the correction.

Back