Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
Ngannou has said he wants to fight Jones and the PFL execs want to make that fight happen. If it doesn't it's on Dana.

You have absolutely never competed.

I only went as far as golden gloves and a few ammy MT fights, nothing to brag about.

But you dunno SHIT about boxing my boy

Awesome, you're good enough to play with then and it wouldn't be bullying.

Fury was really frustrated, had nothing for Ngannou. This fight was so shocking.
It was but i think if he has another fight Francis will struggle against even a lesser fighter than Fury. Now there is film on him and trainers/camps are pretty good at finding holes when they have something to work with

His guaranteed purse was $10 millions, plus he will also get his share from PPVs

Agreed. The fight was under Gimik promotions. Now that it’s over we can move on to a potential mixed rules fight with Deontay Wilder under the PFL. Or maybe a boxing match with AJ in Saudi? Hard to say what the other offer he has on the table from Turki Al Sheikh. Lots of potential fights to talk about.

if only he stuck around with the UFC so he could not fight Jones because of an injury and get a drastic pay reduction fighting someone else instead. That would have been the smart move. Too bad he dropped the bag

Oh joy. He's gonna fight someone who has no training in MMA under MMA rules...I wonder what the outcome will be?

Sucks for us that he didn't stick with MMA and actually challenge himself.

He made more on Saturday than what the UFC was offering.

Ngannou himself and multiple other sources said he'd have made at least over $8M to fight Jones. Fury, who's well known full of shit regarding purse sizes, said Ngannou was making around $10M to instead fight him.

It's the same purse.

Is there any other sport where athletes dream about jumping ship to make money elsewhere? There was a time where a lot of UFC fighters wanted to go over to WWE cause opportunity were more lucrative. Kinda sad lol

people like izzy and poatan jumped to the ufc because they were making pennies in K1.

Fury will play with Ngannou worse than Mayweather did with McGregor. It will look like Fury-Wilder 2/3, but worse

Fury is an active HW champion in his prime, bigger than Ngannou, who moves way better, is faster, more agile.

Mayweather was a smaller, retired 40yo guy.

McGregor's boxing was miles ahead of Ngannou's too.

This fight will be a destruction

PS: that promo is fucking awesome

lol

He actually made more in 1 fight with Fury than in all of his 14 fights in UFC combined!

$ 10 million is his guaranteed purse, plus he will also get his share from PPV's

This is the dumbest talking point alive. Ngannou's UFC pay was low because he literally kept refusing to sign the new contracts and instead purposefully stayed on his old contract. He himself admitted he's lost about $15M by not just signing the offered UFC contracts over the years and instead fighting on his old contract.

It's completely nonsense. He's actually DOWN money by not having signed the UFC contracts, not UP.

Back