UFC 196:Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz PBP (Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
36627-985234.png

Another great night for me lol

You know what's sad is that probably 99% of McGregor fans haven't even seen a Gracies in action video.

But seriously, Conor was mentally beaten, even before Nate connected with that 1-2. Conor couldn't get it through his head that you're not going to be able to KO Nate or Nick Diaz in a round or two, unless you've got serious power, which Conor doesn't. Conor has power for 145 and reasonable power at 155, but when both guys are at walk around weight coupled with Diaz's chin, it was Conor's overwhelming belief in his hype that did him in.

nate showed heart and remained composed after getting wrecked in rd1. conor folded once he started getting tagged but fought like a warrior unlike other fighters who show up to run around in the cage to win by points.props to both guys for an action packed fight and congrats to nate. i knew he could pull off the victory. conor knows how to sell fights. i've only ordered 2 ufc ppvs in the last 3 yrs. it was this event and the aldo fight.

Last edited:
I knew that once the fight goes to the ground then that's it for connor. Got taken down easily in first round. Connor is a one dimensional striker mma fighter with no ground game&tdd

What a great night, many good fights. And the co main and main where just fantastic. I was with Holly, but Miesha showed great heart and fought very smart.

biggest factor giving conor trouble in r 1 was diaz check right hook hitting him when he tried to land a left power shot. he landed a few but most missed due to the check hook hitting him before he could land. the check is a shorter distance punch so it got there first usually. conor landed about 6 good power shots in r1, but ATE MANY MORE although diaz wasnt throwing ko power yet.

2nd round conor seemed to have an answer for it, he'd let nate throw the right first, slip it, and come over it with his own power shot. he had a few moments of brilliance. but got hit too often and got tired. nates knees to his body looked effective. after that clinch conor was done, as everyone could tell when he ate a big power combo and shot in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back