UFC 196 News: HW Josh Barnett Volunteers to Fight Stipe Miocic & accuses Werdum of ducking Stipe.

I am all for an interim title. So pathetic that the HW title is only defended once a year. You have a champ that is constantly hurt who has fought only 6 times in 5 years. Let more active guys have the next title shot. So sick of Cain constantly getting hurt. Make Stipe vs. Barnett or Rothwell to fight for the interim title. Let's get some new blood to fight for the HW title and not guys like Cain and Werdum who are happy to fight every 10 months.

Seriously, people need to drop the Rothwell nonsense.

He beat Brandon Vera (then pissed hot and was suspended), Overeem (fair enough), and fucking Mitrione.

How does that 3-fight streak, one of which might even be a NC now actually (Vera), make you a title contender?

I'll laugh if Barnett gets his wish granted only because Rothwell gets screwed out of a fight again. Hes being "No Homer clubbed"

Two heavyweights on a week and a half notice. This ought to be a barn burner.

He brutalized Brandon Vera (then had results outside of his legit trt scrip), cracked Overeem's melon (fair enough), and made Mitrione look like a chump.

How does that 3-fight streak, one of which might even be a NC now actually (Vera), make you a title contender?

ftfy

For UFC ppv it is either title shot or big fight to draw buys. Miocic headlining on a non title fight is neither. High probability they scrap this event.

Always gets me how narrow Josh's shoulders look relative to his massive head...

Book it. And make it for the real belt since champ is afraid to defend it.

Props to Josh and Stipe for stepping up and not giving a fuck.

He beat Brandon Vera (then pissed hot and was suspended), Overeem (fair enough), and fucking Mitrione.

Those are probably the same people who say that Woodley should get a title shot because he beat Gastelum and Bader beating Rashad, Winning streaks are so overrated.

They all know Conor is coming for those belts so all the Champs are going take a few years off "due to injury".

lol it's never a short video with barnett. Only ten minutes? What did the reporter only get to ask one question? God, I dislike barnett.......never shuts the fuck up and thinks he's hilarious

that'd be hilarious if they overlooked Rothwell for Barnett. Couldn't do anything else but laugh at it. I'd watch.

They should just have a bunch of random short notice fights, and just make a giant freak show out of it.

Fuck it.

Back