UFC 226: Will it determine the current state of mma?

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
This card is stacked! No denying that and yet the buzz is not there.
How can a very stacked card with appealing fights to the casuals not be promoted well at all

Side note: How can an athlete, train hard long hours (who enjoys the grind) , unlimited gas tank STILL BE FAT?

bng-l-prepwrestle-0417.jpg

WE ARE ALL ONE- K-Flo
Internation+Asses.jpg

Post a dimepiece bro. You know what we want

Edit: quick on the draw, my dude.

Yeah hype is not the same as it was some years back no matter who is fighting.

Side note: How can an athlete, train hard long hours (who enjoys the grind) , unlimited gas tank STILL BE FAT?

bng-l-prepwrestle-0417.jpg

You ask this with cormier in mind?

Have you never seen roy nelson or butterbean?

Nutrition is key

Also, this is not a card with appealing fights to the casuals. It has no popular fighter, no feud, no trashtalk.

Unlike most of Sherdog I don't have stock in the UFC so I don't care about PPV buys,ratings or the current state of the UFC.I care more about the current state of mma in general as I like smaller orgs also and don't want to see any of them disappear and it's nice seeing new decent orgs pop up.

getting ko'd stiff by a steroid head doesn't help promote your case as champion.

God your posts suck :)

Because after Conor, other fighters just feels boring. Its like if you let your kid experience the new nintendo switch and then force him to stick with the classic nintendo 8 bit.

Conor's hearing in July will determine the big picture state of MMA. 226 is just another fight for the hardcores.

1Fq7gqG.gif

How can a very stacked card with appealing fights to the casuals not be promoted well at all

What appeal does this fight have with the casuals exactly? Where's the big drama and popcorn? Where's the sexy French Canadian? Granted Paulo Costa is sexy as F but he's nowhere near a name yet, not even in the hardcore community.

Oversaturated the market, now even the best PPVs feel just meh. Back in the day, this would have been hyped as fuck. I still can't wait though, will be awesome.

Nutrition is key

Also, this is not a card with appealing fights to the casuals. It has no popular fighter, no feud, no trashtalk.

Ugg that's a real bad habit

Some fighters (very few) break through into the mainstream sports audience as PPV draws, while others just don't. DC and Stipe have never been mainstream draws, and that probably won't change. Out of everyone on this card, I think Ortega has the most potential to break through into the mainstream, but he's obviously not there yet. He'll need a big win over Max on Saturday to get the ball rolling.

It's funny, as much as casuals have no clue about MMA, I can't help but admit that big fights with a lot of eyes watching brings something special.

Another thing is that UFC hasn't been promoting a lot in the media lately. They really haven't been great at promoting anything since the buyout.

Say what you will, but Conor and Ronda times were exciting as hell.

All of us fatties are temporarily putting down our pies and rooting for Cormier.

Fat lives matter.

Back