UFC 232 Jones vs Gustafsson II

I foresee a lot of KOs on this card and maybe a submission or two. I like the fight goes distance unders and KOs over event props.

Cat looking like a fat pig. Confidence decrease.

Is this a troll post?

Anywho, I hate to bet on matches involving prospects with few fights and limited footage, but +108 on Uriah Hall is just too insane to pass up. The guy has flaws, but it takes a very good fighter on his game to exploit them, and he defeats everyone less than that. I wasn't impressed with the limited footage I've seen of Bevon, and think it's far from certain he is one of those guys.

2 units on Hall at +108.

I foresee a lot of KOs on this card and maybe a submission or two. I like the fight goes distance unders and KOs over event props.
I agree with this and lot of surpises by a number of someunderdogs. Keep your eyes on Bahadurzadada? the great.

lol i hope i didnt butcher his name.

On Nunes vs Cyborg. Well Nunes could pull off a surprising Submission win.

I will be having a few shares of Kelleher. For a possible KO/Sub win. Kelleher pulled a Submission in 2017 so its likely that he could do it again, his other few fights were bit harder on him and above of that he had some kind short illness?

This is actually a pretty good synopsis of general leans itt, for any people who don't want to sift through 40+ pages haha
Not changing the page view from the default to the 50 per page is madness.

3k on Jones to win @ 1.40
500 on Jones 4,5 or dec @ 2.30

I win I go on a holiday
I lose I’ll be so happy Jones lost I wont need a holiday

I'm with you

What's with all the Nunes by sub talk?

She has only subbed McMann and Tate in the UFC, neither of which are feats.

Now she's going to go up a weight class and sub cyborg? Interesting.

I could see her possibly winning a close decision. But I feel like the odds on Cyborg are justified.

Her fiance said on UFC unfiltered that she'll get a rd 2 sub, and now everyone thinks it's actually a decent possibility. What am I missing?

I thought it was her biggest chance way before she talked with Serra. Cyborg muscles things on the ground, stands on all 4s when standing up, her back is there to be taken. It's not rocket science. Yes, Amanda is not bjj magician, her sub wins are mostly on an already hurt opponents but she is the second best athlete after Holm, and surely the most well rounded and well prepared fighter Cyborg has ever faced. She is not scared, which is a biiig advantage, all other chicks enter the octagon already beaten mentally.

Both are big girls. It will boil down to who is the better fighter IMO. I don't think Holly lost to Cyborg because she is small or weak, for example. She was just not good enough. We saw her pinning Cyborg on the fences a lot. She was strong enough, the weight was not a problem, her camp didn't do nearly enough to prepare her, she didn't have the tools for the job. Technical things, not physical that she lacked of.

I thought it was her biggest chance way before she talked with Serra. Cyborg muscles things on the ground, stands on all 4s when standing up, her back is there to be taken. It's not rocket science. Yes, Amanda is not bjj magician, her sub wins are mostly on an already hurt opponents but she is the second best athlete after Holm, and surely the most well rounded and well prepared fighter Cyborg has ever faced. She is not scared, which is a biiig advantage, all other chicks enter the octagon already beaten mentally.

Both are big girls. It will boil down to who is the better fighter IMO. I don't think Holly lost to Cyborg because she is small or weak, for example. She was just not good enough. We saw her pinning Cyborg on the fences a lot. She was strong enough, the weight was not a problem, her camp didn't do nearly enough to prepare her, she didn't have the tools for the job. Technical things, not physical that she lacked of.

I agree with your bolded points, and that this for sure will be the toughest test of Cyborg's career.

Some people in this thread have just made it seem like Nunes is going to simply take her down and sub her with ease.

I could see her landing a big shot on Cyborg and securing a sub, but it wont be easy.

It also comes down to how much extra endurance Amanda will have at 145 vs 135. If Amanda still has the same cardio issues that she's shown at 135, if she doesn't close the show early, this fight could be a nightmare for her.

Fuck this, this is my last stand. Last event, last chance if it goes wrong than Im definietly out

Here is my breakdown.

Brian Kelleher - Montel Jackson
Montel didnt make weight and is still unproven, Brian fought legit competition and made it competive.
Dont punt Montel in parlays there is a risk he will lose this fight
Its dog or pass situation.

Curtis Millender - Siyar Bahadurzada
Curtis is bigger and has better stand up, Siyar is a crazy brawler with power and a good chin. I dont see why he is so special, he is fun to watch but he will lose tonight
Curtis Millender

Uriah Hall vs Bevon Lewis
Bewon doesnt look great on tape, he is most famous because he is the sparring partner of Bones.
I think Uriah has a chance to win this.
Uriah Hall

Nathaniel Wood vs Andre Ewell
Well I favour here Wood but Andre has a better reach and Woods style should play into his favour because he is a counter puncher. Well if Wood uses his wrestling than he should win this but close fight. Wood was badly rocked against Eduardo
Nathaniel Wood

Bj Peen vs Ryan Hall
On the begining I thought than Penn should take this because of his bjj background and better stand up but I doubt he is on Ryans level (old school bjj vs new generation bjj)
Anyway at this odds I would pick Bj because he has a small chance to win this.
Dog or pass

Douglas Silva Andrade vs Petr Yan
Ok guys this will be a fuckin close fight, I woudlnt put Petr Yan in any parlay because Andrade is bigger and is a good striker. It might get close on score cards.
Petr Yan didnt impressed me at all in his last fight.
Dog or pass ( Petr Yan should win but it will be very close so you might take a stab on Andrade)

Cat Zingano vs Megan Anderson
Tricky fight, Cat is abit a walking punching bag, she looked fat on weigh ins.
I think Megan has a real chance to ko Cat but.. her grappling sucks so from a betting perspective you might take the dog but its a 50/50

Andrei Arlovski vs Walt Harris
Walt Harris will win this, he is a bad match up for washed up Andrei.
Walt Harris

Chad Mendes vs Volkanovski
Volkanovski at dog odds against mini unproven usada Mendes ? Hell yeah
Volkanovski will ko Chad
Alexander Volkanovski

Llir Latifi vs Corey Anderson
Latifi is a bad match up for chinny Corey, he has good tdd and ko power
Latifi

Carlos vs Chiesa
I dont believe in Condit anymore, imo Chiesa will grind Condit to a dec, he should perform better in ww than in lw ( he had a big weigh cut)
Chiesa

Cyborg vs Amanda Nunes
Amanda Nunes all way, she fought at least legit competition. Cyborgs only good win is Holm (besides Gina years ago)
Amanda is the only female fighter who can win against Cyborg
Amanda Nunes

Jon Jones vs Gustaffson
Donate a dog shelter
Jon Jones.

Goood luck kurwa

As incompetent as both currently are as fighters this might sound like a weird and counter intuitive play but I can't help but think Fight doesn't go to decision +155 for the Penn/Hall fight just might hit...

So much frailty and vulnerability on both sides, it just seems like a fight that's going to be completely dominated by one guy or the other. And even at 40 you can't forget that there's the old cliche of old boxers still being able to punch. It's the last asset a fighter loses, power. Same thing applies to MMA guys from my experience. If Penn does win it's likely he taps that frail Hall mandible.

If Jon loses (@ 205) it's gonna be by decision IMO. Phil Mackenzie suggested on Heavy Hands that if Gustafsson just chooses to stand his ground and go to war it's maybe his best chance to win. I'm a little worried about that, because The Mauler implied that he will go after Jones this time. But even if this happen I see the same scenario that happened to DC the second time around. He will show obvious improvements than the 1st fight and will win a round but he'll put so much effort to do this that he'll be exhausted past the 2nd and after that it's Jones' territory.

My thinking is you generally beat GOAT's by decision. These are fighters without obvious holes, they fight 5 rounders all the time, very well prepared, superb athletes... you name it they have it. Cejudo barely squeaked out a decision win (I know it's flyweights, but still), Cody won the title from the GOAT Dom Cruz by decision, the only time GSP lost (after he established himself as a GOAT with multiple title defences) was by decision to Johny and I know it's officially a win but we all know he lost that, at the minimum this should be a draw. :)

As incompetent as both currently are as fighters this might sound like a weird and counter intuitive play but I can't help but think Fight doesn't go to decision +155 for the Penn/Hall fight just might hit...

So much frailty and vulnerability on both sides, it just seems like a fight that's going to be completely dominated by one guy or the other. And even at 40 you can't forget that there's the old cliche of old boxers still being able to punch. It's the last asset a fighter loses, power. Same thing applies to MMA guys from my experience. If Penn does win it's likely he taps that frail Hall mandible.

I think so too, I dont see why BJ penn cant take Hall in the ground when him voluntary go to it and made a nasty GnP, Hall dont like to take damage, I Think that he posible can tap out just for strikes. I see hall going to the ground when Penn close distance and BJ making a nasty GnP, or at least, I want to believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wavemeter
Back