UFC 238 Cejudo vs Moraes

Chooks last fight against Jessica Eye had Chook running Holly Holm style and not landing much which led to a split dec loss. As others have pointed out- she seems like a lesser version of Holm. As mkess101 just said, it's a dog or pass fight.

Anyone actually have a path to victory for Rivera? He's a good fighter, but Yan, as far as I can see, is an absolutely nightmare match up for him. Better boxer, better chin, much more power and the grappling likely cancels out.

Anyone actually have a path to victory for Rivera? He's a good fighter, but Yan, as far as I can see, is an absolutely nightmare match up for him. Better boxer, better chin, much more power and the grappling likely cancels out.

Rivera has two paths to victory imo.

1. Catch Yan coming in with that "perfect shot". Yan is all of what you listed when it comes to striking: faster, more fluid, more power, better chin. But, he's also ULTRA aggressive at times. Bordering on reckless. Not always, and not even most of the time. But he does have his moments where it's almost like he's begging for a brawl. Rivera could possibly catch him coming in with a well timed bomb and find a finish.

2. Hold his own striking and hit takedowns late in a couple rounds to steal them. He'll need to be near perfect with his footwork and timing to pull this off.

That said, he MAYBE has a 30% chance to win this fight imo. That might be generous.

Rivera has two paths to victory imo.

1. Catch Yan coming in with that "perfect shot". Yan is all of what you listed when it comes to striking: faster, more fluid, more power, better chin. But, he's also ULTRA aggressive at times. Bordering on reckless. Not always, and not even most of the time. But he does have his moments where it's almost like he's begging for a brawl. Rivera could possibly catch him coming in with a well timed bomb and find a finish.

2. Hold his own striking and hit takedowns late in a couple rounds to steal them. He'll need to be near perfect with his footwork and timing to pull this off.

That said, he MAYBE has a 30% chance to win this fight imo. That might be generous.
And if he feels "off" again...

And if he feels "off" again...

Yeah, that too LOL.

Sterling in some ways though was a worse matchup for Rivera. Longer, better grappler than Yan, and unwilling to take any chances that would allow him to be countered and hurt.

Yan is a better striker than Aljo but he's also a guy who's throwing power shots, looking to really hurt his opponent (while Aljo is more a point fighter). That means Yan is committing a lot more to his strikes, and there might be more opportunities for Jimmy to catch him (Yan's chin is legit though, so it might not matter even if Rivera lands flush).

I think Rivera "felt off" because he realized after awhile that his skillset didn't match up for shit with Sterling's.

Petr Yan should wreck Rivera a lot of the time. If you like Rivera at least wait for his Dec line as thats his almost only path to victory. Its boxer vs boxer except Yan has a better chin, better boxing and a lot more power.

Itw not that Rivera is bad, but this is a very bad match up for him. Not sure how. He wins a dec at all and he doesn't have much finishing ability at all.
If anything wouldn’t the correct bet on jimmy be by ITD? I could supposedly see a meme KO or sub after a stun, but dont see him outclassing Yan 2/3 rounds

If anything wouldn’t the correct bet on jimmy be by ITD? I could supposedly see a meme KO or sub after a stun, but dont see him outclassing Yan 2/3 rounds
If the odds are really wide but Rivera is a bad finisher. Mostly just went to decisions vs regional guys and the only guys he's hurt in the UFC have had no chin like Almeida and Brimage. Yan has shown a solid chin and was running into Dodson left hands happily so a low power guy like Rivera hurting him would be very surprising.

As for a sub Rivera hasn't had a win by sub since 2009 and Yan has shown solid grappling, again seems very unlikely.

I think Yan should be more like -500, legit just don't see what Jimmie has that threatens him. Highly unlikely he gets a finish and needs to win 2 of 3 rounds when he's totally outclassed at his own game.

With the Cerrone/Ferg fight, is anyone who is backing Ferg a bit worried that they're somewhat both slow fighters to get started?

Cerrone tends to struggle when someone comes straight out ultra aggressive and puts him away early, whereas Ferguson tends to start a bit slow then drown you with his pace?

Feel like it works in Cerrones favour somewhat as it might allow him to avoid to get in a rhythm himself and he's no issue with a high output once he's had the first round to get there.

In terms of wrestling I think of anyone initiates it, it'll end up with Cerrone on top and think he's good enough to avoid getting subbed in that position.

Despite both guys being finishers, I can kind of see it going to a decision. I think both will be able to avoid getting submitted and Ferguson has amazing recovery if/when he gets rocked.

Similarly, I think if you don't put Cerrone away in the first 7.5 minutes, you're probably not going to finish him.

I think I can legit see this going to a decision and it being mad close.

With the Cerrone/Ferg fight, is anyone who is backing Ferg a bit worried that they're somewhat both slow fighters to get started?

Cerrone tends to struggle when someone comes straight out ultra aggressive and puts him away early, whereas Ferguson tends to start a bit slow then drown you with his pace?

Feel like it works in Cerrones favour somewhat as it might allow him to avoid to get in a rhythm himself and he's no issue with a high output once he's had the first round to get there.

In terms of wrestling I think of anyone initiates it, it'll end up with Cerrone on top and think he's good enough to avoid getting subbed in that position.

Despite both guys being finishers, I can kind of see it going to a decision. I think both will be able to avoid getting submitted and Ferguson has amazing recovery if/when he gets rocked.

Similarly, I think if you don't put Cerrone away in the first 7.5 minutes, you're probably not going to finish him.

I think I can legit see this going to a decision and it being mad close.

For sure if you are backing Ferg that's a concern. Both slow starters so if rd 1 looks like a toss up then you are banking on Ferg clearly winning at least one of the last 2 rounds, if not both.

I lost £62.50 betting on the kevin lee and dos anjos card.

I'm gonna make my money back with this parlay bois les goooooooooooooooo!

Screenshot_2019-05-29-11-49-35.png

why exactly is everybody so quick to dismiss Cejudo's chances here?

At almost even odds I prefer to back the better striker, bigger guy with more reach who is fighting in his weight class.

Cejudo may be faster and is fore sure the better grappler. But Marlon is a legit black belt and even may hold his own due to being bigger and stronger on fight night.

Obiously Cejudo is a great fighter and can certainly win this...but I would cap Marlon @ 1.60....so I'm quite happy with Moraes on the current odds.

Does anyone think Stewart has anything for Lewis? I'm struggling to think of a way he wins the fight.

Does anyone think Stewart has anything for Lewis? I'm struggling to think of a way he wins the fight.
? Terrible take. Line should be close here.

Stewart's got the power to randomly win what should be a pure-striking affair. Hall did it, and Stewart's a more proactive version of that with more punching power.

Do you think Stewart has the speed of Hall? A lot of Hall's ko's are things that come out of nowhere against the run of the fight, I'm not sure Stewart is as unpredictable.

Do you think Stewart has the speed of Hall? A lot of Hall's ko's are things that come out of nowhere against the run of the fight, I'm not sure Stewart is as unpredictable.
Hall was also getting beat for a majority of that fight

Back