PBP UFC 239: Jones vs. Santos - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT

Oh... and wow.... Masvidal's a savage

Looking like Romero with that

Funny how Lawler-Hendricks 2 didn't follow the "you've got to beat the champ convincingly to win" narrative. Still the only title fight I've ever seen where the belt changed hands to someone I'm not sure even won.
Because Lawler was the uncrowned champ from the first fight

Close main event, but three epic KOs. Good card. Take care Sherfam, these forums gonna be overflowing with salt over the next week.

Santos is not remotely on Jones level, and even this fight showed it. Jones was just coasting out there, what I just saw Jones do is very fishy. Did this fool bet on himself losing?
You've got to factor in Santos not being able to move like he usually moves. If Jones tried to coast against THAT Santos he would have been in trouble...

People will be interested in Jan vs Jones if Jan can get another good looking dub like tonight.

Smith having damn near a similar style to Santos with the length needed to compete with Jon gets people interested too especially since how he handled the bones loss and went emo so they’ll market that shit as a new attitude smith who’ll go gung ho and right his wrongs

Then there’s still the DC super fight at LHW if Dana quickscopes some money at them but after tonight I doubt it.

The flood gates have opened a bit brahs.

How the hell did anyone score that for Jon? Dude missed the majority of his strikes. I had Santos up 4 to 1. At the minimum 3 to 1. Vegas just jobbed Santos out.

Wow great win for Masvidal! Great win for Nunes! Santos did excellent, very good win for Jones!

unknown.png

Reminder

Santos showed him weakness, he showed the entire fuckin world who was watching that he had a bum leg. Jones did nothing. Anthony Smith showed weakness, he doesn't have a good gas tank if you push him and he was frozen with timidity the entire fight, Jones coasted. you can't do things like that vs HWs, because sooner or later the HWs will just come after you, and with the extra size and length a lot of them have, Jones won't be able to get away from them. not to mention the durability that a lot of them possess.

it's pretty clear Jon Jones is on the decline.
HWs can't even fight for more than 2 rounds. Jon Jones is fighting not to lose. To me, he won 5-0 against Santos. All Santos did was defend himself with a couple of thigh kicks per round, but because Jon Jones is so good, those strikes get overrated.

Jon Jones is not on a decline. He is not that far ahead of the competition. He is little bit overrated because he crushed a lot of brand-name champions and former champions.

Had it 3-2 for Santos (1,2 and 5).

Showed a lot of holes in Jones game too, not just the leg kicks, but the boxing too. If you've got a counter game he will straight up not throw any punches lol.

@Wadtucket

Our resident hairline and beauty speciliast, I am curious what you thought of the card? Any standout moments sir? :D

Helwani’s show on Monday better be stacked AF brah. Better not be seeing no early pass prelim motherfuckas asking them how was the atmosphere and shit

If you’re in round 4 and 5 at HW, 95% of them are too gassed to do anything if you stay away and play Jon’s game

and my point is, how is Jon going to coast those other rds? he's not, he's going to have to endure and eat shots, and i do not think Jones can eat shots from HW strikers like JDS, Ngannou etc.,

the fight doesn't start in rd 4 and 5 with the HW gassed, you have to FIGHT in order to gas them and when he fights he's risking a whole lot more than the HW is.

I just want to thank everyone who helped me get 23,700 likes :) <Moves> Now it's off to bed for my 46-year old self.

Jones barely won & arguably lost to a one legged middleweight. Jon is nothing without his PEDs.
You're not wrong, Dr Omni

But it wasn't a robbery

Johnny Walker (bigger and better version of Santos) beats today's Jones

Gonna be the new Jones/Gus situation. So far the media is overwhelmingly giving the fight to Jones. But sherdog has forums full of people thinking it's bullshit.

2 of 3 sherdog editors give it to Jones

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...eam-results-discussion-play-by-play-mma-event

https://thebodylockmma.com/ufc/ufc-239-jon-jones-vs-thiago-santos-play-by-play-live-updates-result/

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/07/ufc-2...unes-holly-holm-play-by-play-live-results/amp

We'll hear forever how Jones got worked and should have lost. He dominates the rematch and the forums flood with tears and rage.

GOAT gonna GOAT.

Gus did way more Damage. Thiago had his moments but this just comes off ass subpar performance from Jones that he gets the Nod.

HWs can't even fight for more than 2 rounds. Jon Jones is fighting not to lose. To me, he won 5-0 against Santos. All Santos did was defend himself with a couple of thigh kicks per round, but because Jon Jones is so good, those strikes get overrated.

Jon Jones is not on a decline. He is not that far ahead of the competition. He is little bit overrated because he crushed a lot of brand-name champions and former champions.

Come on man, Santos won round 1 as clear as day. If you wanna argue about 2, 5 fine. They were close. But round one? GTFO

Back