• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ufc 245 play by play

I don't know why I bother pre-betting. Bet Nunes at -280 pre-fight, but should have just bet as much or more on Nunes at -165 or so after round 2.
I saw her at -220 but it jumped to -2000 after the takedown in late round I couldn't place bet in time lol

GDR had a golden opportunity to win after Nunes gassed herself after one round but her TDD is so fucking awful she still couldn't get it done. WMMA.

Nice, the nunes decision paid for the failed bets tonight

So apparently GDR totally forgot to train any TDD that wasn't against the cage

Shut up, Jordie.

You were the one ranting and raving about how GDR's takedown defense is excellent and Nunes wouldn't be able to take her down.

You were wrong, as usual. And now you're being a little weasel and trying to cover your ass. As usual.

For god's sake, take this bitch off the stage. Enough of a lime light.

Not only GDR's wrestling is shyte, but her striking style leads her into clinch situations.

She can't just stick and move
. Which she needed in order to win this fight.

Champ shit can we not pay a little respect to these tough fucks?
Not mad the Baby Assassin killed my Kai play respect to all these fighters.

Shut up, Jordie.

You were the one ranting and raving about how GDR's takedown defense is excellent and Nunes wouldn't be able to take her down.

You were wrong, as usual. And now you're being a little weasel and trying to cover your ass. As usual.
Wtf?

Where was the tape of GDR stuffing TDs in space? I literally said if Nunes is going to take her down it'll be in space.

Don't go getting all cocky cause you hit a wide favourite who clearly isn't value when she got hurt multiple times and survived via lay and pray and a shit ref. You should be looking at the fact GDR looked shit and still made it competitive not mouthing off like an idiot.

Hopefully Volkanovski and Colby come thru else I am down decent :(

Perhaps we were lucky that GDR managed to snipe out Aspen ladd before her ground game got exposed lol.

Would not sleep on Volk here. Max has the footwork and timing to get it done for sure, but Volk isn't a guy you can make any mistakes against.

Perhaps we were lucky that GDR managed to snipe out Aspen ladd before her ground game got exposed lol.
It´s not even just her TDD, its her fight iq, i mean why throw a leg kick instantly into the round where nunes just had a 1 min breather? Why not fight smarter...This was her fight to win after round 1. But good point, tho being a full time cop and having retirement thoughts in mind (she said she´d retire after taking the belt, and defending it one time) is always bad, often puts me off betting. But definitely feel like she was the value play, but some of those value plays gotta hit soon haha.

Has he always walked out to the GOT theme music?

Would not sleep on Volk here. Max has the footwork and timing to get it done for sure, but Volk isn't a guy you can make any mistakes against.
Great point, really like Volk here, but still on max, volk also needs to fight this perfectly, he has a great gas tank and a good chin, but both inferior to Max I feel. I´m on max ko/dec. Volk landing a flush hit or snatching a close decision wouldn´t be too suprising though.

Wtf?

Where was the tape of GDR stuffing TDs in space? I literally said if Nunes is going to take her down it'll be in space.

"GDR has good takedown defense because she defended takedowns from Anna Elmose and Larissa Pacheco, herp-derp!"

Well-played, Mr. "Professional Gambler" and Aspiring Tout.

Nice job losing 8.25 units tonight already! Let's go for double digits 2 weeks in a row!

Jordan3399 said:
Don't go getting all cocky cause you hit a wide favourite who clearly isn't value when she got hurt multiple times and survived via lay and pray and a shit ref. You should be looking at the fact GDR looked shit and still made it competitive not mouthing off like an idiot.

I had an excellent, long write-up of the fight where I concluded by stating that GDR would very likely have some striking success, might even make it a close fight (far moreso than it actually ended up being), but that Nunes' grappling was too much of an advantage, and capped her as -500 or better.

A write-up I don't post on here because I don't want you or Stevie to make any money, but to lose it.

It´s not even just her TDD, its her fight iq, i mean why throw a leg kick instantly into the round where nunes just had a 1 min breather? Why not fight smarter...This was her fight to win after round 1. But good point, tho being a full time cop and having retirement thoughts in mind (she said she´d retire after taking the belt, and defending it one time) is always bad, often puts me off betting. But definitely feel like she was the value play, but some of those value plays gotta hit soon haha.

Yeah, its been a bit rough night. Not down too badly. Around 1.6u(pre-bet+livebets), so still time to salvage the night if there is opportunities. Her fight IQ wasnt the best, but even if she didnt throw the leg kick, she was going down. It was just too easy for Amanda to take her down. Sometimes, she wouldnt get her hips behind her and everytime Amanda changed her takedown angle, she didnt know what to do.

Back