UFC 272 PBP/Discussion

Nobody is Khabib LOL. Lee super explosive but gas tank sucks. Bryce a shade below with TD's but way more relentless and much better cardio.

But Edson KO is always live for sure.
Lee went 4/9 in td attempts and khabib 4/13, now barboza weight class down bigger than bryce who is worse wrestler than those 2 by a decent margin. there's a chance that bryce is just fucked tbh lol. we'll see though.

Barboza is probably the side to favor here at +150, but I hate these kinds of match-ups.

Either Mitchell utterly dominates Barboza with grappling, or else he gets horribly exposed with Barboza looking like one of the best lines of the year. Problem is, there is really no way to tell. Mitchell has looked amazing against the caliber of grappler he has faced, (and Fili is a decent wrestler) but how does that scale to an old, declining Barboza?

Amirkhani has better wrestling than Mitchell, while Mitchell has better MMA BJJ than Amirkhani.

If Mitchell loses here, it's because his wrestling isn't good enough at the highest level of his division. If he gets Barboza down, I'm still not convinced he can submit him.
Interesting I disagree, but happy to be proven wrong. Think Mitchell easily has more physicality

I tried to live bet Mitchell decision +119 after R1, but BAS stopped me twice...

Mitchell rd 1. If he closes distance, he can obviously take him down. Edson got his hips back to where he wanted them, and Bryce still used a slick inside trip for the TD.

At distance Bryce is in trouble.

Mitchell looking improved and Barboza finally looking his age.

Yeah the precedent for grapplers controlling Barboza was there, the age and weight cut aren't helping though

Back