UFC 286: Edwards vs. Usman 3

Someone else needs to make the PBP thread. I'm running to MGM Grand, trying to place the rest of my bets.

Maia has a SLPM of 3.98 while O'Neill has a SLPM of 8.65 and thats over their respective UFC careers. I agree Maia has better striking technique but her volume is going to be too low to win rounds imo since she isn't likely to have big moments given her lack of punching power. Its hard to win rounds if your opponent is doubling you up on strikes.

I do think O'Neill will want the fight on the ground like you said and she should be able to get it there from what I saw. Maia didn't look overly strong to me and has been somewhat easily controlled once grounded as of recent. Chookagian held her down for half a round with little resistance for what its worth.

I feel pretty confident about this one but its possible I could be overvaluing O'Neills prowess against lower level opponents.

Maia's volume is always a problem, even if she is the better striker landing better strikes.

Chook's a decent grappler. Maia's issue for me is that she struggles to get up.

I'd feel confident as well. I think the odds are nice enough for O'Neil.

Brogan is a more well rounded and accomplished fighter than Macedo.

Macedo was looking for a way out after punching herself out against Malecki she is not gritty.

Brogan doesn't have the striking that Macedo does.

And how was Macedo looking for a way out? She was literally throwing as hard as she could until the final bell, despite getting her ass kicked by a BW.

That's the complete opposite of someone looking for a way out.

And you're trashing Walker too...she was also gonna be like -400 vs Na coming up next week (looks like maybe that fight is off and she has a different opponent?) Na is bad and gonna be cut probably, sure. But it's not like Walker was gonna be -150 vs her. She was gonna be a 4-1 favorite. Saying she's trash and not UFC level makes no sense.

Walker was going to be -400 against Na or she actually was?

Because just at evens I'd have had a big bet on Liang to finish Walker + just the ITD and Under as always for Liang.

Was really looking forward to that one.

Because just at evens I'd have had a big bet on Liang to finish Walker + just the ITD and Under as always for Liang.

BFO had it showing as that. But given how badly Miller just shit the bed, you'd probably have been cashing that ticket on Na LOL.

BFO had it showing as that. But given how badly Miller just shit the bed, you'd probably have been cashing that ticket on Na LOL.

I mean, I thought Liang would win by SUB, but there's always a 50/50 chance Liang blows herself out and gets finished. Look at her record and the times of each fight. The girl is hilarious at what she does.

Always good to just bet on the Under when Liang fights and think no more of it.

I don't know if I'd say Miller shit the bed. Everything went exactly as the tape suggested it would. She doesn't have a ton of experience and hasn't ever shown to have as good striking or grappling as Veronica did. Was only really concerned about Veronica's cardio, but she held it together, just.

I know I said Miller will be gone within 5 fights, and while I still think that's true unless she gets some helpful matchups, I don't really want to see her go. She's fun to watch and I love her attitude. Her fight agaisnt Guthrie on TUF was awesome.

I mean, I thought Liang would win by SUB, but there's always a 50/50 chance Liang blows herself out and gets finished. Look at her record and the times of each fight. The girl is hilarious at what she does.

Always good to just bet on the Under when Liang fights and think no more of it.

I don't know if I'd say Miller shit the bed. Everything went exactly as the tape suggested it would. She doesn't have a ton of experience and hasn't ever shown to have as good striking or grappling as Veronica did. Was only really concerned about Veronica's cardio, but she held it together, just.

I know I said Miller will be gone within 5 fights, and while I still think that's true unless she gets some helpful matchups, I don't really want to see her go. She's fun to watch and I love her attitude. Her fight agaisnt Guthrie on TUF was awesome.

I still think Miller is a beast with top position. I badly overestimated her ability to actually get it there though. I figured her size and strength would be enough but it was not even close.

I still think Miller is a beast with top position. I badly overestimated her ability to actually get it there though. I figured her size and strength would be enough but it was not even close.

Man, you should watch Macedo vs Gillian. Gillian is leagues beyond Gillian and she's better than Macedo, but Macedo was still reversing almost all of Gill's td attempts into ones of her own, just like she did tonight against Miller.

Feel free to roast me … I was all in on fiziev and was very vocal about it

I’ll eat crow and never post with that kind of confidence again

flame away I deserve it

Feel free to roast me … I was all in on fiziev and was very vocal about it

I’ll eat crow and never post with that kind of confidence again

flame away I deserve it

I wasn’t all in but placed a pretty big bet for me on him. I was down all night until Edwards pulled through.

Gaethje has great technique most of the time. His left hook and uppercut especially. Only when he is rocked, he will start swinging for the fences.

That is one of the most beautiful/accurate uppercuts I have seen

I'm just popping in here real quick to eat some crow.(I mean, I would have still scored it 2-1 for Fiz, but whatever haha)
That fight went the opposite of how I expected.
The dog fights/brawls actually ended up favoring Fiz, and it was Gaethje's technique that allowed him to take over and dominate in the third. His jab, and uppercut, were both on point.
So props for calling that one! I hope you made some good money off of that one.

I had na at almost +300

I mean it’s canceled so it doesn’t matter but it will be lined roughly the same if rebooked

Hope it does came back with the same line.

Even if she is a 1 round flake, Liang has shown way better skills against girls in the UFC that Brogan wouldn't stand any chance against.

Brogan and Miller shouldn't even be in the UFC just yet. That TUF final was one of the saddest finales I've ever seen lol.

Back