UFC 294: Makhachev vs. Volkanovski 2, October 21, Abu Dhabi

Costa might be in or he might be out. Not confirmed though. I would think Aliskerov would take the rematch, not sure about Khamzat.

FFS did the Brazilians all decide they didn't feel like a trip to the middle east?
Both have pretty legit injuries tbf. The cut on Olives was bad and Costa needs 3 surgeries for staph in his elbow I think

Usman/Chimaev is better anyway

Both have pretty legit injuries tbf. The cut on Olives was bad and Costa needs 3 surgeries for staph in his elbow I think

Usman/Chimaev is better anyway

I know, I was kidding.

IDK if Usman is really any better. Smaller, shot knees, couldn't impose his grappling on Edwards last time out. Kamaru gonna get smashed imo.

Last edited:
Makhachev to win by submission in rounds 2, 3 or 4 is +500

I'd rather see Islam against new face (Gamrot) than this stupid rematch again. Islam won the first fight and they should just move on. Volk better get through Topuria. Volk has built in excuse this time - short notice. Islam in lose lose situation here. I'm sure they gonna cry for the third fight when islam 50-45's him.

I'd rather see Islam against new face (Gamrot) than this stupid rematch again. Islam won the first fight and they should just move on. Volk better get through Topuria. Volk has built in excuse this time - short notice. Islam in lose lose situation here. I'm sure they gonna cry for the third fight when islam 50-45's him.

I think Islam has a damn good shot to finish this time, but not sure how you can be upset about a rematch here. The first fight was damn close. I had Islam winning 48-47 but the end of the fight was Volk teeing off on an exhausted Islam until the bell maybe saved him. Had the first fight been one sided, I'd agree. But it wasn't. Islam was much better in the standup than people thought he could be. Rocked Volk a couple times and landed a lot of clean strikes. But Volk held his own in the grappling better than anyone thought HE could. Survived, and his superior cardio and grit had him dominating the end of the fight.

I think Islam has a damn good shot to finish this time, but not sure how you can be upset about a rematch here. The first fight was damn close. I had Islam winning 48-47 but the end of the fight was Volk teeing off on an exhausted Islam until the bell maybe saved him. Had the first fight been one sided, I'd agree. But it wasn't. Islam was much better in the standup than people thought he could be. Rocked Volk a couple times and landed a lot of clean strikes. But Volk held his own in the grappling better than anyone thought HE could. Survived, and his superior cardio and grit had him dominating the end of the fight.
10 days notice and flying to islam's backyard in dubai is pretty lame tbh, I'd prefer a full camp and build up to the rematch. I don't know why they couldn't honor the announced backup Gamrot to face islam instead.

These two fights favor the home town guys imo. I wouldn't be surprised if both Usman and Volk ate finished.

I can see the future...

Khamzat smashes Usman and 50% of Sherdog goes in unison "Well, Khamzat still fking sucks bro. He beat a lightweight and No-Knees Usman, who cares!"

10 days notice and flying to islam's backyard in dubai is pretty lame tbh, I'd prefer a full camp and build up to the rematch. I don't know why they couldn't honor the announced backup Gamrot to face islam instead.

I would've been fine with that too for sure. Volk imo is a different breed. Dude obviously convinced Dana he's in absolute top shape and ready to go. He's elevated himself to that GOAT conversation status so I guess they're gonna cater to him more than they would others?

I would've been fine with that too for sure. Volk imo is a different breed. Dude obviously convinced Dana he's in absolute top shape and ready to go. He's elevated himself to that GOAT conversation status so I guess they're gonna cater to him more than they would others?

I doubt uncle Dana needed much convincing on this one :)

Back