*** UFC 297: Sean Strickland vs. DDP - Who Did You Think Won Mega Thread ***

Who did you think should have won the fight?

• Dricus

Votes: 196 48.9%
  • Strickland

Votes: 205 51.1%

• Total voters
Activity doesn't mean anything if he isn't landing shit

I thought we were past this stage of mma where you could just move forward and look mean

And win rounds
Sean was wearing a red mask. Dricus obviously landed something. Not sure what meaningful Sean landed. Must have been all those yawn jabs.

Those takedowns threw Sean's game off really badly. Otherwise, 3-2 Dricus

DDP by purely wanting it more and doing more than Strickland. Sean cannot fight out of his comfort zone. There is not one tool for every situation and there are certainly times when you gotta do more than just spar someone.

1,2,5 Strickland but that was a hell of a war. I know everyone hates rematches but i'd be up to see that one again.

I think most people who have a good eye noticed the same thing. I actually am willing to give DDP the 4th and 5th cause he did land big shots in those rounds but the first 3 rounds he legit didnt land shit all while getting his eye shut. I honestly think they gave him the 2nd and 3rd cause of the take downs.

Yeah, that bloody eye was from Strickland winking at him repetitiously thru-ought the fight im sure.
He cut him with an elbow. Doesn't change anything of what I've said.

Those 3 rounds Dricus landed almost nothing clean. Even a passive Sean landed double or triple the amount of strikes.

I could see people giving him the 3rd round just because Strickland was so passive. But even then, Dricus landed almost nothing.

He was winning rounds on activity and moving forward.

DDP 2 3 4

R2 was very close though.

Strickland was too tentative after landing so cleanly the first 2 rounds. Had he fought the 4th like he did the 5th, Strickland would have retained.

Strickland but fucking close... not complaining about the result at all.

1 and 5 were clearly Strickland, I had Strickland winning 3 but the other rounds were super close.

DDP.. Sean's pitter patter just isn't enough in certain fights..but I wouldn't call it a robbery if they had given it to Strickland

Allen and Sidey were the two who were robbed tonight IMO. The main event was razor thin but I had it for DDP

It was a very close fight. Strickland landed more, but lighter shots while on the retreat the majority of the fight. Dricus landed less, but heavier shots, while forcing the vast majority of the action and landing takedowns. When the fight is that close, I have no problem going with the guy that was forcing the action, and that was DDP.

It was actually awfully similar to Strickland vs. Cannonier, but Dricus had the takedowns as icing on the cake.

Back