*** UFC 297: Sean Strickland vs. DDP - Who Did You Think Won Mega Thread ***

Who did you think should have won the fight?

• Dricus

Votes: 196 48.9%
  • Strickland

Votes: 205 51.1%

• Total voters
DDP pretty easily. Landed the harder shots, backed up Sean the whole fight, took Sean down multiple times.

No way. Dricus was pressing the action and landed some of the biggest shots and those huge tiakedowns including an incredible WWE style supplex. Close fight that could have gone either way as Sean was very effective with his jab, but Dricus won a decision against all speculations about his cardio

Strickland 1,2,5. He was blocking everything early on but since he wasnt as active the optics look bad. 2 is debatable. Probably landed around the same amount of strikes but Sean was way more efficient.

Was rooting for Sean but 3-2 Dricus is correct. You don't jab your way to a championship while wearing a red mask. He put up a better fight in the stands.

He just kept swinging like an amateur and barely anything landed, but judges like that. Also his takedown’s led to nothing but again judges love that

I see 4-1 DDP to 3-2 Strickland. I knew they’d overreact at some of those slapping arm punches sean landed in the 5th. But it was still very close. I like both guys, didnt like seeing either of them lose

Strickland needs more than a jab and defense. it's the same reason why he beat Adesanya by decision and not stoppage. if he had a better right hand or even a more varied punch selection he could've stopped Adesanya and he could've made DDP pay for striking out of position. there were times DDP was kicking from way too close and Strickland just backed away and looked at him. that should've been a lay-up for a right hand counter.

3-2 DDP possibly 4-1 but I think Sean might have nudged it at the last round. Well, the Strickland experiment has been interesting. Guaranteed he'll be fed Khamzat in a 3 rounder in the middle east.

It's a draw if I've ever seen one I thought it was a replica of the Cannonier vs Strickland fight
I was comparing this to Grasso vs Valentina fight. That fight Valentina clearly won and it was called a draw. This one could've gone either way and is more of a 'draw fight' in my eyes.

Strickland was doing more damage despite being on the back foot. It was very close tho. Not super convincing for either

4-1 Strickland, but the judging is so inconsistently bad that it doesn't even get me upset anymore. Just resigned to what I knew would happen.

Strickland massively outlanded ddp. DDPs takedowns amounted to absolutely nothing.

The UFC wanted a South African champion

Strickland 1,2,5. He was blocking everything early on but since he wasnt as active the optics look bad. 2 is debatable. Probably landed around the same amount of strikes but Sean was way more efficient.
I agree with this. 2 was debatable in terms of strikes but Dricus did get those takedowns to put him over.

Dricus didn’t look like he had the highest IQ with some of the kicks and spins he was doing. He was active but seemed to look slow and sloppy just throwing anything. He wasn’t really setting anything up.

Sometimes that's all it takes. Strickland should've used his right hand much earlier. MMA judges don't care much about jabs, which is why he tends to lose the close ones.

Back