News UFC 299 hasn't finished adding new fights yet. Joanne Wood vs. Maryna Moroz is official

What an amazing card this is:

Weight classMethodRoundTimeNotes
Fight card
BantamweightSean O'Malley (c)vs.Marlon Vera[a]
LightweightDustin Poiriervs.Benoît Saint Denis
HeavyweightCurtis Blaydesvs.Jailton Almeida
WelterweightGilbert Burnsvs.Jack Della Maddalena
WelterweightKevin Hollandvs.Michael Page
BantamweightPetr Yanvs.Song Yadong
LightweightMateusz Gamrotvs.Rafael dos Anjos
Women's FlyweightKatlyn Chookagianvs.Maycee Barber
BantamweightPedro Munhozvs.Kyler Phillips
HeavyweightRobelis Despaignevs.Josh Parisian
MiddleweightMichel Pereiravs.Michal Oleksiejczuk
FlyweightC.J. Vergaravs.Assu Almabayev

Slightly disappointing booking.

Both Moroz and Wood are limited veterans. Having them fight over the #15 ranking just doesn't seem quite right. I'd rather Wood defending against someone like Jasudavicius, who (while not especially young) is less shop-worn than these two.

This feels like a fight that should happen once Wood has dropped out of the rankings, between two fighters vying to get BACK IN, not tying up that ranking spot for two fighters who won't be making a run up the ladder now or in the future.

Yeah.

Not really a fan of this one in context.

As a stand alone fight, though, it's fine. Just fine. Slightly uninspired, but nothing to cry over.

EDIT: Just seen Wood is retiring anyway, so scratch the comment about tying up a ranking place. Still not sure Moroz deserves it if she wins, though.

Isn't this a rematch? Or am I crazy?

MM should win

Yep, rematch.

Was Moroz's debut in the UFC.

She ran through Jojo within 2 minutes. Finished her with an armbar.

Moroz was a lot younger and hungrier back then, wheras now she's a bit more of a insta and OnlyFans model these days, so it'll probably be a closer fight. Jojo almost 40 now and has declined a lot.

I only recently learned she changed her name... why did she do that?

Now the card is a little less good. Well I can skip the air fighting

I wasn't aware that Joanne Wood was still in the UFC -- good for her I guess; I also feel this is a very winnable fight for her if she doesn't slip on any banana peels.

This is a rematch right? Think Moroz subbed her years ago. I like JoJo but I think Moroz takes this

NOW THIS IS THE FIGHT THATS GOT ME SOLD

LEMME GO AND ORDER THE PPV IN ADVANCE

Back