UFC 300 Main Event is wack!

MetaIIica

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So the current main event is Weili Zhang vs Yan, and the prelim is Jiri vs Rakic, it's just funny because the Jiri vs Rakic fight is way better. I know the card can change but if they are actually the main event I will not watch thats for sure.

The card seems to filling up pretty quickly and with very little starpower to this point. It's shaping up to be a big disappointment unless they can pull a rabbit out their hat.

So the current main event is Weili Zhang vs Yan, and the prelim is Jiri vs Rakic, it's just funny because the Jiri vs Rakic fight is way better. I know the card can change but if they are actually the main event I will not watch thats for sure.
Why not just wait until they announce the whole card...?

...Zhang Yan wont be the Main Event...im sure it wont.

I’m getting tired of seeing/hearing people complain about UFC 300. This card still has at least 5-6 fights or more fights to be added. On top of it they haven’t told us what the real main event is. My guess is the Weili fight is the 3rd fight on main card and there is still a main event and co main to be announced. If that is the case an awesome fight with an action womens champion in Weili as the 3rd fight on main card means the main card is going to be great. Stop complaining.

The Baldfather is waiting to reveal the true crazy ass main event. Probably something sick as shit like DC vs SILVA II. Behind the scenes they are working on some WWE level shit. This weekends event we will see DC go into interview only for Anderson silva to come out and shove him.

I think a non-title fight headlined over a title fight exactly once in all of UFC history, and that was a Conor fight when the main event fell through. Other than that (which I may even be misremembering), there is zero precedent for headlining with a non-title fight, no matter how "good" you think it is.

Main Event:
Rousey vs Tate III

Co-Main event:
Dana White vs Anne White II - Slap Fight special feature bout

Main card:
- Brock Lesnar vs CM Punk
- Jorge Masdiva vs Nick Diaz for the interim BMF title
- Holly Holm's 11th UFC title shot
- Anthony Smith vs Luke Haberman II

Prelims:
- Some random 105 lb WMMA fighter vs Some other random 105 lb WMMA fighter
- Bruce Buffer vs Frank Trigg II - Elevator match
- Gordon Ryan vs James Toney
- Diego Sanchez vs Issac Marquez II - Bare knuckle boxing special feature bout
- Bethe Correia vs Molly "Meatball" McCann
- Chuck "The Snowman" Liddell vs The English Language

Or we riot!

Facts are 299 is a fckn banger. Its the hardcore mma fans version of what 300 should have looked like. 300 is looking ok so far but having the Chinese women on the biggest card isn't a huge selling point. Should have had alexa instead.

Anyhow I hope we get some legends to return. Hopefully 1 or both Diaz bothers, and Gaethje on the card to please the JBG. My judgement so far is that the card is slightly underwhelming.

"current main event"

No, it's just the only confirmed title fight on the card so far. It's not the "current main event", that's not how this works.

What was the 200 main events?…

lol no one said this is the main event

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back