UFC 300: Pereira vs. Hill

Where are you seeing that he rehydrates and adds 40 lbs in a day? Are you getting confused with what he says he walks around at? Those are 2 different things.

I'm guessing Rakic walks around, out of camp, at 245. Drops weight as he gets into fight shape, cuts the last lbs with dehydration, then adds 20 lbs or so back on between the weigh in and fight. Back when I had to cut weight a lot of times we just weighed in same day so I can't say I know too much from my own experience in terms of the one day between but going from 205 to 245 in a day just by eating and drinking seems extremely unlikely.
I know the science in cutting weight has advanced at a rapid pace. And now they allow IV to rehydrate. The hell you cutting weight for ?

Dana making bonuses 300k is badass. Could see guys who haven't made it yet like Lopes/Sodiq going further balls to the wall.

I know the science in cutting weight has advanced at a rapid pace. And now they allow IV to rehydrate. The hell you cutting weight for ?

I had a couple ammy fights forever ago, and did a lot of grappling tourneys. There have been advancements in cutting yeah, I'm sure you're right. But not to where a guy cuts to 205 then adds 40 lbs in a day.

Damn Holm is that much of an underdog? Sure Holm is Long.In.The.TOOTH but Kayla is very beatable. Somebody with footwork and decent TDD makes it hard

Damn Holm is that much of an underdog? Sure Holm is Long.In.The.TOOTH but Kayla is very beatable. Somebody with footwork and decent TDD makes it hard

VERY beatable? Eh. Beatable, which is proven. Once. Holm's current age and style make these odds legit to me. Not like I'm taking Harrison ML but I can understand the odds.

VERY beatable? Eh. Beatable, which is proven. Once. Holm's current age and style make these odds legit to me. Not like I'm taking Harrison ML but I can understand the odds.

Yeah I'd be hard pressed to bet money on Holm these days with how she has looked I can't lie

Bo probably killa Brunage bad but to pick risk taking, non conservative 5-0 natural showman with these odds is nuts. In the end we all know what Bo is going to do. Cody should know it as well. He knows man is gonna try to take him out quick. And then it comes to is another man just so much better than the other that he can go there 1-1 and beat the shit out of him. No strategy, just straight up mauling.

Bo probably killa Brunage bad but to pick risk taking, non conservative 5-0 natural showman with these odds is nuts. In the end we all know what Bo is going to do. Cody should know it as well. He knows man is gonna try to take him out quick. And then it comes to is another man just so much better than the other that he can go there 1-1 and beat the shit out of him. No strategy, just straight up mauling.

Basically...yeah Bo can do that. Cody has no answer for being taken down and dominated. Malkoun did it and should've finished easily but landed illegal shots. Bo is a far more dominant wrestler, on a different level physically. Cody knows Bo is gonna shoot and take him down and there's still likely nothing he can do about it.

Basically...yeah Bo can do that. Cody has no answer for being taken down and dominated. Malkoun did it and should've finished easily but landed illegal shots. Bo is a far more dominant wrestler, on a different level physically. Cody knows Bo is gonna shoot and take him down and there's still likely nothing he can do about it.
What about the old Weidman Stooge defense?
Double Eye pokes on every takedown attempt.

Agreed but with these odds...also the preassure of everyone thinking Bo should be the guy but truth is the guy has fought the same fight five or is it six times in a row and against this level of competion. Is Cody better than these guys? Maybe. I mean he is a complete and total mental midget but physically he is okay..and maybe he has a good day like vs Gore or that last fight. I dunno. Im not playing him but Id rather play a risk free conservative fighter than a showman like Bo with these odds. Even in parlay lol.

Dana making bonuses 300k is badass. Could see guys who haven't made it yet like Lopes/Sodiq going further balls to the wall.

Has the potential to throw you off your game plan though. That's potentially 10 pay cheques in one single bonus for some.

Agreed but with these odds...also the preassure of everyone thinking Bo should be the guy but truth is the guy has fought the same fight five or is it six times in a row and against this level of competion. Is Cody better than these guys? Maybe. I mean he is a complete and total mental midget but physically he is okay..and maybe he has a good day like vs Gore or that last fight. I dunno. Im not playing him but Id rather play a risk free conservative fighter than a showman like Bo with these odds. Even in parlay lol.

Oh hell no, absolutely nobody should play a ML like this. Small stab at KO prop for me maybe, that's it.

Just got back from the official weigh ins. Not that it might matter a ton but from where I was sitting, Holly almost had visible tears in her eyes. Wouldn't be surprised if this is her last rodeo.
Yeah, I picked up on something similar. I had no action on that fight until I saw the weigh ins, but after seeing Holm's body language/demeanor I dropped some on Kayla.

Rakic & weili ML @ 2.29
Tsarukyan ko/sub @ 2.10
Tsarukyan ml & nickal u1.5 @ 1.93
Geathje ML & Harrison ML @ 2.03

Not confident of any of it but it's UFC 300 so I must bet lol.

Good luck

Holly is old and washed, the only question is if it can go to distance? I don't think so. Taken down. smothered and eventually a submission pops out i think.

Back