News UFC Anti-Trust Lawsuit Has Been Settled and Will NOT Go To Trial Paying Out $335 Million

UFC paying out 300 million means a lot more cuts to the roster of guys with decent contracts and a lot more 10K to show Contender Series call ups

Helwani read a comment from Nate Quarry and basically if they wanted to get the full "win", they'd have to go through 10 more years of shit and even then, there is no guarantee a jury rules in your favor. Cung and Quarry are only the "big names" in the lawsuit. He implied that there were other guys (and maybe gals) that really need this money, so they'll at least be paid for helping UFC turn into a publicly traded mammoth.

They weren’t losing. That’s why they took that settle. The chances of them actually winning was very small

Wouldn't someone so confident in winning let it go to trial and have the chance of paying out nothing? They would settle if there's something/multiple things they don't coming out in discovery.

Helwani read a comment from Nate Quarry and basically if they wanted to get the full "win", they'd have to go through 10 more years of shit and even then, there is no guarantee a jury rules in your favor. Cung and Quarry are only the "big names" in the lawsuit. He implied that there were other guys (and maybe gals) that really need this money, so they'll at least be paid for helping UFC turn into a publicly traded mammoth.

Pretty much what I assumed. I knew the UFC would try to wait them out for what seemed like eternity.

"We settled for $1.3B less than we asked for and are pleased with it"

And the UFC were the greedy ones lmao

Reactions: Kb7
lol I think the people involved collected much more than 200.
IDK, article says 1,200 fighters so math says:
335,000,000 divided by 1,200 = 279k! Even if we take away a ton for lawyers and what not, each guy should get more than 200K if these numbers are correct.

Last edited:
Yeah, I elaborated a bit in the same post. I probably should have waited before I posted and not done all the edits after the fact, but work is kicking my ass right now with all these reports. I need a beer.
Admittedly my constantly reducing attention span did not allow me to read the whole post 😅

Sounds like you need a breather bro. never a bad idea to rest when things becoming bit overwhelming.
We're only human

Wouldn't someone so confident in winning let it go to trial and have the chance of paying out nothing? They would settle if there's something/multiple things they don't coming out in discovery.

Why do that when you can just pay it and be done with it? They knew they were money hungry and they took what they could get.

What you’re trying to preach, doesn’t happen in the real world with big companies and billions of dollars on the line

Wouldn't a settlement mean they thought they WERE going to lose?
Maybe, Even if they thought the chance was only like 10-20%. They can't really take the chance as it would be a complete upheaval of their business model on a loss. Which threatens to lose them way more they could ever hope to lose in just this suit. They're paying to guarantee that stays in tact, instead risking even an outside chance they lose and can't pay their debts back because the business's profitability goes way down through a government involved reformation.

UFC paying out 300 million means a lot more cuts to the roster of guys with decent contracts and a lot more 10K to show Contender Series call ups
Well that’s why they are staying at the apex most of the time

Matt Hughes if true!

In my eyes they are basically admitting to fault. Because if your not guilty then why settle?

Let's see what else comes of this. Cung Le is a badass.

Maybe TKO put pressure on the UFC to resolve this quickly. Sweep it under the rug like many have said. But still in my eyes makes them look guilty and we ain't gonna forget. Can be used against them.
Settling always makes you look guilty even if you aren't. In this instance, I think they are guilty as fuck though.

Back