UFC approached Makenzie Dern to pursue MMA career?

JPW328

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
“I just accomplished my world titles in Jiu Jitsu, so I was kind of looking for new goals, a way to represent Jiu Jitsu in a big scene. So… The UFC they actually came to me, I had never done a fight in MMA, they said “no we’ll sign you” so I said OK let’s try this. I was 23 years old, and yeah I had my daughter and I’ve been with the UFC ever since, learning, learning how to punch and also get punched in the face, and putting on my game of Jiu Jitsu that’s my love, but yeah I love it”

I did not know this.

Last edited:
She was in Invicta before right? Invicta has always had close ties with the UFC :)

Likely Shannon talked with the UFC - UFC gave Dern a call.

“I just accomplished my world titles in Jiu Jitsu, so I was kind of looking for new goals, a way to represent Jiu Jitsu in a big scene. So… The UFC they actually came to me, I had never done a fight in MMA, they said “no we’ll sign you” so I said OK let’s try this. I was 23 years old, and yeah I had my daughter and I’ve been with the UFC ever since, learning, learning how to punch and also get punched in the face, and putting on my game of Jiu Jitsu that’s my love, but yeah I love it”

I did not know this.

So basically Dana White wants to hit that...

I did not know this.

So basically Dana White wants to hit that

<BC1>

UFC does developmental contracts on potential talent. They usually don’t advertise but they are constantly scouting talent.

I believe the UFC paid for Yan Xiaonan, Song Yadong, and bunch of Chinese fighters to train in the US. They are constantly trying to lift up fighters from different markets.

She had 5 fights in three orgs before the UFC. Legacy FC, LFA, and Invicta. So I have no idea exactly what she’s actually saying here. Unless she’s saying they set those 5 fights up for her?
Where's the confusion? They approached her. Probably told her to get some fights in smaller orgs. Signed her to UFC

She had 5 fights in three orgs before the UFC. Legacy FC, LFA, and Invicta. So I have no idea exactly what she’s actually saying here. Unless she’s saying they set those 5 fights up for her?

It is possible they worked with her before actually signing her, or they even just said, " you should do mma. win some fights in other organizations and we'll sign you quickly"

Last edited:
Am I going crazy or did she fight in other org’s before she came to the UFC?

First she forgot that she can speak english. Now she does not know how her career started.

That is her secret weapon. You cant read her because even she dont know what the fuck is going on.

Back