UFC approached Makenzie Dern to pursue MMA career?

It’s pretty normal? Even Bellator has development deals with guys like Aaron Pico.

I believe Greg Hardy is another one. The promotion will pay for them to fight in a smaller promotion to gain experience. They also do other stuff like having non UFC fighters train at the PI to build experience.

She had 5 fights in three orgs before the UFC. Legacy FC, LFA, and Invicta. So I have no idea exactly what she’s actually saying here. Unless she’s saying they set those 5 fights up for her?

To be fair to her, English doesn't seem to be her first language...

It’s pretty normal? Even Bellator has development deals with guys like Aaron Pico.

I believe Greg Hardy is another one. The promotion will pay for them to fight in a smaller promotion to gain experience. They also do other stuff like having non UFC fighters train at the PI to build experience.
Yep like a Bo Nickal

She was in Invicta before right? Invicta has always had close ties with the UFC :)

Likely Shannon talked with the UFC - UFC gave Dern a call.
She only had 1 fight with Invicta. She had 3 previous with LFA. Both leagues are close and have fight pass deals with UFC.

She said she was 23 years old when UFC approached her, now she will be 31 next month. So I’m assuming UFC hooked her up with LFA to see if she had a potential career in MMA

She only had 1 fight with Invicta. She had 3 previous with LFA. Both leagues are close and have fight pass deals with UFC.

She said she was 23 years old when UFC approached her, now she will be 31 next month. So I’m assuming UFC hooked her up with LFA to see if she had a potential career in MMA

Yeah I’m not surprised some of the people in this thread couldn’t connect those dots. She fought before coming to the ufc, therefore she is lying. No other possible explanation…

I thought it was well known that Dern was on a development contract pre-UFC, probably paying her purses in those minor promotions as well. Same as Cris Cyborg was getting $100k to fight in Invicta courtesy of the UFC.

UFC does developmental contracts on potential talent. They usually don’t advertise but they are constantly scouting talent.

I believe the UFC paid for Yan Xiaonan, Song Yadong, and bunch of Chinese fighters to train in the US. They are constantly trying to lift up fighters from different markets.

Yea, I heard you really had to flip it over to see the talent they wanted to develop because the most interesting part of this particular opportunity was really on the back side.

She had 5 fights in three orgs before the UFC. Legacy FC, LFA, and Invicta. So I have no idea exactly what she’s actually saying here. Unless she’s saying they set those 5 fights up for her?

That's exactly what they did. Same with Henry Cejudo

I've never understood the hate for Dern. She clearly takes both MMA and Jiu Jitsu seriously. She's been improving, she's easy on the eyes, she chokes like an anaconda. What's not to like?

Legacy FC is LFA.

LFA has been a development system for UFC for quite a long time.

They sent Bevon Lewis to LFA after winning a contract on DWCS.

McKenzie Dern went 'viral' in the MMA community for posting hot pics, while being a legit grappler.

I did a quick look for those specific photos from -2010 but, there is so much Dern content now... I'm not scrolling through it all.

She was in UFC discussions before going pro.

This is very easy to believe.

Last edited:
Shes full of shit. I watched her on LFA and Invicta before she signed with the UFC.

Back