UFC Fight Island III: Benavidez v Figuereido II

I think I like Carlos Felipe a lot in this spot. He brought in two big guys to replicate Spivak. Last fight 3 years ago and he was only 22 at the time. Coming off USADA suspension (tainted supplement) Likely improved a lot since last fight. Found his fight against Wagner Maia. Looked okay there but gassed in R3 but pushed through nicely. I think he has decent hands and he swings hard. Often out of balance but I don't think that will cost him in this fight. Also I think he is faster than Serghei. Looks like he has some TDD as well. Spiwack is just awful I think there is value in Felipe. I see money coming in on that bum Sergei but don't know why.

Probably the three year layoff

I came in fully expecting to hammer Fig. But after watching that first fight you can tell how significant that headbutt was.

Imo Fig was slowing down considerably after the first round. Joe B didnt look like a world beater by any means but I think he was playing the long game vs Fig and it seemed to be working.

If I'm being honest this fight reminds me of Aldo vs Yan. Aldo had 2.5 rounds to finish Yan and couldnt. Fig has 2.5 rounds to finish Joey B or it could get ugly quick. (I'm not comparing the skillset between Yan and Joey B I'm just saying it reminds me of how that fight might play out)
Hey i bet on Joey b in their first fight.
But now rewatching it im concerned Joey B didn't really have any offense that rocked fig. He connected on fig a few times and it honestly looked like fig didn't flinch. Even that head clash was the catalyst for the KO punch, whos to say Joey b at 35 years old can beat fig right now who is coming off a brutal 1 punch loss from him.

Ps, not arguing with you. Im just trying to see how Joey wins this because i want to win $.

Last edited:
He coukd replicate Tills gameplan. Clinch a lot and add some sweeps/bodylocks to get busy on the ground. It's not like Gastelum has amazing tdd.

I think people are underestimating how smart of a fight Till fought there. Replicating that gameplan is easier said than done. And Gastelum's a versatile fighter, I have no doubt he re-evaluated some things after his frustration in that fight.

Man Kelvin really just eats kicks huh. Leg kicks, body kicks, head kicks, it don't matter, even punches he just kind of takes on the chin

I wish I could have more confidence in him since I'm REALLY low on Hermansson, but it's hard to see how he's going to win against a guy who will likely take away his power and movements with leg kicks

Also Jesus Christ Jacare didn't setup a single takedown in the Gastelum fight, just straight up just powers through the first two rounds and hopes he doesn't die from exhaustion in the third

How exactly does Brett Johns beat Montel Jackson? Because it looks like Jackson is better on the feet, has better wrestling, has no issue getting out of subs like Johns has a tendency to spam, and Johns doesn't have the athleticism that former football player Ricky Simon has to make life difficult for Jackson
definitely agree, I've made good money fading Br*tish "wrestlers"

I also think you have some good points on Fiziev, though I'd add Fiziev has higher output on the feet than Diakiese, I don't know if you'd mentioned that or not.

Last edited:
definitely agree, I've made good money fading Br*tish "wrestlers"

I also think you have some good points on Fiziev, though I'd add Fiziev has higher output on the feet than Diakiese, I don't know if you'd mentioned that or not.
Yeah the issue is that in theory Diakiesie is good at stick and moving and could get out of Fiziev's way without too much stress

I'm fairly certain that the pressure Hasqparat put on him was a level of footwork/cage cutting that Fiziev won't be able (or even really try) to replicate

But now rewatching it im concerned Joey B didn't really have any offense that rocked fig. He connected on fig a few times and it honestly looked like fig didn't flinch. Even that head clash was the catalyst for the KO punch, whos to say Joey b at 35 years old can beat fig right now who is coming off a brutal 1 punch loss from him.

Ps, not arguing with you. Im just trying to see how Joey wins this because i want to win $.

I honestly feel like they both have 1 path to victory. Fig has a KO and Joey has cardio.

I'm with you Joeys first round wasnt good at all, although the judges did give him the 10-9. But my main concern was Joey had a bad round (and won) BUT gassed Fig while doing it. Dont get me wrong it's not like Fig couldnt stand in round 2 he obviously still packs insane power but I saw him fading. If that round ends and it goes into round 3 tied 1-1 how much worse does Fig look in round 3?

Also I'm with you. I just wanna make money lmao

Do you think joe b odds will get better or start to come down?
I’m expecting the lines to get tighter

Im also expecting fig to knock him out again. Joes brain hasn’t had time to recover and he was already a bit shop worn. Fig knows joe closes his eyes and drops his head down.

but I also thought Brett johns was a good play before tape.

I honestly feel like they both have 1 path to victory. Fig has a KO and Joey has cardio.

I'm with you Joeys first round wasnt good at all, although the judges did give him the 10-9. But my main concern was Joey had a bad round (and won) BUT gassed Fig while doing it. Dont get me wrong it's not like Fig couldnt stand in round 2 he obviously still packs insane power but I saw him fading. If that round ends and it goes into round 3 tied 1-1 how much worse does Fig look in round 3?

Also I'm with you. I just wanna make money lmao
Well shit, Joey's itd is +500

Not sure if this information is even available anywhere, but any input would be nice. Does anyone know if the guy who reffed Alhassan's fight will be reffing on this next card? I would imagine so, but do they assign them in advance? Because if that dude is reffing a fight where I have money on someone who is a grappler I'm going to be pissed, Hope he doesn't ref Hermansson vs Gastelum

Roman Dolidze reminds me of a bigger, sloppier Gaethje.

If Figueiredo weighs in at 125 I will be tempted to bet on Benavidez. Those last 2-3 pounds are a nightmare (obviously or he wouldnt have missed weight for a championship fight) and he seemed to be gassing and constantly had his hands down. If he comes in heavier again I wont touch this fight

Ya this is a funny point but it's actually true. I was thinking the exact same thing, as a Joey B backer I want Fig to make weight. Drain himself as much as possible

Took benavidez ITD +650, 0.25u and Gastelum ITD, 0.75u, pokerstarssports
Why benavidez you actually

Fig in a interview said he wants to bring down Joey with a Submission. The last fight he defeated him with a Ko maybe Joey could defend himself agaisnt his grappling takedowns?

Not sure if taking down Joey with a Submission would be a smartest thing for Fig.
Not to mention Joey could also bring down Fig with one?

Last edited:
Back