PBP UFC Fight Night 197: Holloway vs. Rodriguez - Official PBP Discussion: 1:00 p.m. ET/10:00 a.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The second the ref puts their hands on you, the fight is over.

Herb picked the wrong time to stop the fight but it is what it is.
Picked the wrong time to stop the fight, then sat back while Ben attacked after he "stopped the fight." That's fucking up pretty much every aspect of stopping the fight.

Herb fucked up for sure. But trying to stop the fight initially was right, like everyone is saying lol. He just stopped and looked as if he was gonna let them keep going if De Lima didn’t say something

Earlier would've been fine, but as he touched them Ben was locking his hands for a takedown. Then, as you said, he just let them go until de Lima asked him to stop it. That is awful reffing no matter how you cut it.

Bro, Taco Bell is open 24/7.
UnrealisticEnragedAmurminnow-max-1mb.gif

Picked the wrong time to stop the fight, then sat back while Ben attacked after he "stopped the fight." That's fucking up pretty much every aspect of stopping the fight.

Earlier would've been fine, but as he touched them Ben was locking his hands for a takedown. Then, as you said, he just let them go until de Lima asked him to stop it. That is awful reffing no matter how you cut it.
I have a lot of respect for Herbs career. But I think its time he hangs em up. Too many mistakes last couple years imo

Yair has struggled with boxing pressure against Caceres and KZ(end notwithstanding). Holloway brings an exhausting pressure with his volume striking.

Max has struggled with addressing leg kicks in the past vs Lamas and Volk(less so in the rematch). Dangerous with an adept switch kicker like Yair.

I favor Holloway like pretty much everyone but he really needs to check and get his body work going early.

I agree. I think he just thought Ben was out when his leg buckled. Daydreaming is probably an apt description of the issue. He seemed to lack situational awareness that Ben wasn't out and was fighting back.

It's tough. I'd want to watch a replay. After the first shot wobbled him I think only 1-2 shots landed cleanly before the one that buckled his knees again. But Ben never looked out. I don't mind the stoppage but I get the argument to either stop it earlier or once you let it reach that point give the guy a couple seconds after the knees buckle to see if he's actually going out.
Maybe MMA refs need rape whistles too

76L5.gif

<seedat>

Back