PBP UFC Fight Night 236 - Hermansson vs. Pyfer Official PBP Discussion: Sat. 2/10 at 4pm ET / 1pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm excited for Pyfer's next fight.

He showed offence here that can put any MW on notice.... obviously the cardio is a massive issue but he doesn't feel very far off from potentially becoming elite... Curtis next?

Looked absolutely murderous in that first round ro so. Curtis would be a great fight, as he certainly won't have the tricky movement Hermansson has and tends to plod himself. However, Curtis might deserve better presently.

I think a fun, frisky fight might be Abus vs Joe Pyfer? Two dudes with cardio issues-- but firepower-- sorting out who gets back on track toward the rankings.

Yeah was a great veteran performance. Fought calculated every second of the fight.
Fixed his recent issue of getting dragged into a firefight with more powerful guys. Kinda reminded me of strickland fighting backwards of the jab with the herky jerky arms. Works in MMA but not so much against a good striker e.g Pereira. Pyfer could have won that fight with a straight right hand and a little less power. His grappling looked terrible against another decent grappler though.

Kinda reminded me of Brady whenever he isn't the hammer.

200w.gif

Pyfer has what I call a “bully” style. He comes out very aggressive swinging heat and that gets a lot of guys out of their game by overwhelming them. But if you don’t wilt, you can discourage him and make him get sloppy. He also doesn’t seem like he’s comfortable being the nail.

And now get this.. Pyfer said Alex Pereira is nothing special. There is levels to this game. Sit down boy

Back