PBP UFC Fight Night 236 - Hermansson vs. Pyfer Official PBP Discussion: Sat. 2/10 at 4pm ET / 1pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Jackonfire you a boss for running the hottest PBP on a Saturday night...

d3Os2lG.gif

Hearing Jack calling out Imanov my first thought was "Imanov just sparks him"

Buuuut...... the more I think about Imanov struggling with Strickland's jabbery and pressure and general fidgetyness, the more I wonder.

Though Jack obviously couldn't blow him out as bad as Sean did.

Hell maybe Jack just clinch-fights him to death?

Thanks for the banter everyone. Enjoy the Super Bowl or whatever you're doing tomorrow. See you around the boards.

Predicting thread titles before checking the heavies:

Don't Be Like Joe Pifer
How many identical KO's does Ige need to be the goat?
Johnson still fast at 38
Fedor vs. Robocop: Who Wins?
Vieira is the greatest takedown artist ever

<Eek2.0>

It was late in the 5th where hes never gone that long.

Jack beat Leites, Jacare and Edmen up from top position FWIW. He has one of the best top games @ MW. And Jack poured on serious GNP against those 3 legit grapplers including TKO over Leites. He controlled Pyfer but never got past half guard and landed little GNP.
Yeah, it was late in the fight and I'm sure Joe was mentally exhausted but like Cruz pointed out, he wasn't even doing the basics of getting an underhook or putting his feet on the hips. I'm not writing him off, but it will be interesting to see going forward if other fighters will be able to control him from the top. I'd also say his power fades but he might be able to improve his conditioning. It was a good fight and showed he's properly ranked right now.

Back