PBP UFC Fight Night 238: Rozenstruik vs. Gaziev Official PBP Discussion: Sat. 3/2 at 1:30pm ET

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No I said he is the most beatable one for him in the division. I didn't think he would get it done. It's MMA not kickboxing and it was at the Apex. Every single condition was in favour of beating Jarzinho who has a history of backing onto the cage and is extremely inactive for a guy whose main weapon is striking.

They tried to use him to put a new guy over, just like Daukus. His best win is still Overeem after he lost the entire fight prior back in 2019. I am not syaing he sucks at all, he just isn't elite in an already limited division.
You're right, it is MMA, not kickboxing but they are still both fighting sports and Biggie Boy has has a lot more experience fighting in comparison to Gaziev which makes a big difference and it showed. I do agree they did give Gaziev favorable conditions to win but favorable conditions don't really mean much if the opponent doesn't have the skill and experience to take advantage of them. I'm not saying he's elite, but that he has a lot of fight experience and isn't as beatable as you say. He just looks worse than he actually is because he's been stuck in unfavorable match ups and getting fed to contenders every other fight since he lose to Francis and beat JDS.

You're right, it is MMA, not kickboxing but they are still both fighting sports and Biggie Boy has has a lot more experience fighting in comparison to Gaziev which makes a big difference and it showed. I do agree they did give Gaziev favorable conditions to win but favorable conditions don't really mean much if the opponent doesn't have the skill and experience to take advantage of them. I'm not saying he's elite, but that he has a lot of fight experience and isn't as beatable as you say. He just looks worse than he actually is because he's been stuck in unfavorable match ups and getting fed to contenders every other fight since he lose to Francis and beat JDS.

He has fought so many different styles of opponents, I don't think you can claim he is fighting unfavourable match ups. If you say that, then basically every MMA style is a weak match up for him. He has fought a huge variety of opponents and it's oretty clear he loses to top 10 and beats top 10-15+. I never said he is bad. He is still top 15, he is just one of the easier guys in that top 15 because he is a hesitant power striker, with no real grappling threat offensively.

3x in last nights fight he actually went for fight ending offence. The rest of the time he was happy to sit and chip away with single shots. No shame in that, but it just means he will sit around top 15 and never crack top 10 in a reasonably shallow division.

He has fought so many different styles of opponents, I don't think you can claim he is fighting unfavourable match ups. If you say that, then basically every MMA style is a weak match up for him. He has fought a huge variety of opponents and it's oretty clear he loses to top 10 and beats top 10-15+. I never said he is bad. He is still top 15, he is just one of the easier guys in that top 15 because he is a hesitant power striker, with no real grappling threat offensively.

3x in last nights fight he actually went for fight ending offence. The rest of the time he was happy to sit and chip away with single shots. No shame in that, but it just means he will sit around top 15 and never crack top 10 in a reasonably shallow division.
I think It's fair to claim he has been getting unfavorable match ups. He had to fight Volkov and Blaydes back to back which are HORRIBLE match ups for him that he had no chance of winning. Not to mention he's pretty much only fought high level vets and contenders. I'm not saying that Biggie boy is a world beater or anything but my point is that a lot of these guys sitting at the lower end of the top 10 are just as limited as biggie boy and would have never cracked top 10 if they weren't given a favorable top 10 guy to beat. Like Tuivasa has been free falling out of his incredibly inflated top 5 spot ever since they started to match him with the level of competition Biggie boy regularly has had to fight.

I think It's fair to claim he has been getting unfavorable match ups. He had to fight Volkov and Blaydes back to back which are HORRIBLE match ups for him that he had no chance of winning. Not to mention he's pretty much only fought high level vets and contenders. I'm not saying that Biggie boy is a world beater or anything but my point is that a lot of these guys sitting at the lower end of the top 10 are just as limited as biggie boy and would have never cracked top 10 if they weren't given a favorable top 10 guy to beat. Like Tuivasa has been free falling out of his incredibly inflated top 5 spot ever since they started to match him with the level of competition Biggie boy regularly has had to fight.
Tai got ranked by finishing Derrick Lewis. He has better wins during that period just due to the Lewis finish. Tai is even more limited than Jarzinho though.

How is fighting Blaydes and Volkov bad match ups? They are polar opposite fighters. Volkov is a long outside fighter, Blaydes is primarily a grappler who has developed decent stand up but is a bit chinny. If those two present bad matchups then effectively the entire division is for him. The reality is that he was one of the more beatable top 15 guys for his opponent this weekend, but Jarzinho did well and picked him apart from the outside.

Who else is Jarzinho meant to fight? He is a former top 5, has lost to everyone above him and beats newer guys coming into the top 10. He has lost to everyone above him pretty much at this point.

Tai got ranked by finishing Derrick Lewis. He has better wins during that period just due to the Lewis finish. Tai is even more limited than Jarzinho though.

How is fighting Blaydes and Volkov bad match ups? They are polar opposite fighters. Volkov is a long outside fighter, Blaydes is primarily a grappler who has developed decent stand up but is a bit chinny. If those two present bad matchups then effectively the entire division is for him. The reality is that he was one of the more beatable top 15 guys for his opponent this weekend, but Jarzinho did well and picked him apart from the outside.

Who else is Jarzinho meant to fight? He is a former top 5, has lost to everyone above him and beats newer guys coming into the top 10. He has lost to everyone above him pretty much at this point.
That's my point. What I'm basically trying to say is that Biggie boy isn't much better than the guys on the lower end of the top 10 and the only reason guys like Tuivasa haven't fell outside of the top 10 yet is because he was placed way too high (due to the Lewis win) when he should realistically be sitting at the bottom of the top 10 or just outside of it with Biggie boy fighting bottom 15 and unranked guys because he can't beat anyone above him either.

They were bad match ups because they both can wrestle and biggie boys TDD is pretty bad and is helpless off his back. He basically auto loses against anyone with strong wrestling as they can effortlessly take him down and win the fight there.

They should be giving him Tuivasa or Derrick next. Maybe even De Lima or Justin Tafa. Possibly the new Taekwondo guy at some point too. Those will all make for exciting fights. I just don't see the point in them continuing to match him with grapple heavy guys anymore when he always fights a boring ass fight when fighting one. He's not a contender anymore, just throw him guys who will stand and bang and give us just bleed fights.

Back