UFC Fight Night - Barboza vs Chikadze - Offical discussion

Demopoulos is a strawweight. She is severely undersized for this figjt and she lost to very low level competition already. The -400 for aldrich is surely justified, might even be generous, I don't really see a path to victory for Demopoulous.

Demopoulos is a strawweight. She is severely undersized for this figjt and she lost to very low level competition already. The -400 for aldrich is surely justified, might even be generous, I don't really see a path to victory for Demopoulous.

JJ hasnt excactly shined vs top competition herself. I thought she clearly lost to Casey (who the judges hate for some reason). And I dont view Polyanna or Mazo as top talent.

Me either. JJ is a fairly strong wrestler for the division. Being 6-3 in the regionals isn't a good look.

A shame he's gone. No offense to everyone. But I think the only two I'm sure whose good at this is TheSnake101 and Shelter.

Everyone else seems to get it wrong more than they get right. And I'd bet who are down overall rather than up.

Some people should be quite offended by this as there are alot of great contributors on this forum. Nobody will be right 100 percent of time but as a group this is still a strong group of bettors.

I'm sorry for the people I miss but lots of great posters like BigSteve, mkess, bakayoko, ballsackarino, Ryan Kelly, captain Chesapeake, kamais ookin, snake like you mentioned.

If you looking for one guy to steal all picks from then this is not the place for you

Some people should be quite offended by this as there are alot of great contributors on this forum. Nobody will be right 100 percent of time but as a group this is still a strong group of bettors.

I'm sorry for the people I miss but lots of great posters like BigSteve, mkess, bakayoko, ballsackarino, Ryan Kelly, captain Chesapeake, kamais ookin, snake like you mentioned.

If you looking for one guy to steal all picks from then this is not the place for you

Noel is like the 17th account for the same trolls that have been here for years bro, don’t let him get ya down. He will get the next card soon enough and a new account will pop up.

I guess Tresean Gore got sidelined then? He ko'd Urbina to get into the finale vs Bryan Battle, but it's Urbina that's fighting Battle now.

Demopoulos is taking it on short notice, but she was scheduled to fight this Friday in LFA, so she probably had a full camp.

Demopoulos is taking it on short notice, but she was scheduled to fight this Friday in LFA, so she probably had a full camp.
She seems like the type of girl JJ can showcase her skills against though.

Giga had a pretty razor-thin fight against Emmers, so I can see why that one comment got made before. I've been pleasantly surprised by him ever since he made his UFC debut, but, outside of Edson eating something to the liver early, I don't see how his momentum doesn't get stopped here. KB experience aside, I don't see where Chikadze might have the advantage honestly. Think I'll put a hefty bet on Barboza.

Think there’s value in Aldrich dec -175

no way would I touch that -350

giga in a 5 rounder vs a savvy battle tested vet in barboza…

giga had an issue with fading in fights before his last two. He seems to have corrected either his cardio or his pacing. A 5 rounder with barboza will be war. Can giga maintain the pace and absorb the punishment barboza deals?

I think he can hang with him on the feet for sure, but for how long? It’s not like barboza doesn’t fade a bit himself, but not to the extent we’ve seen giga.

Will barboza try to mix in a few take downs to steal rounds?

Not feeling it right now. Odds are probably pretty close to accurate. Not sure how I feel about it going 5 rounds either

Last edited:
Think there’s value in Aldrich dec -175

no way would I touch that -350

giga in a 5 rounder vs a savvy battle tested vet in barboza…

giga had an issue with fading in fights before his last two. He seems to have corrected either his cardio or his pacing. A 5 rounder with barboza will be war. Can giga maintain the pace and absorb the punishment barboza deals?

I think he can hang with him on the feet for sure, but for how long? It’s not like barboza doesn’t fade a bit himself, but not to the extent we’ve seen giga.

Will barboza try to mix in a few take downs to steal rounds?

Not feeling it right now. Odds are probably pretty close to accurate. Not sure how I feel about it going 5 rounds either

Did you mean Barboza had an issue with fading in fights? Chikadze's last two didn't make it out of the 1st. As far as I can tell, Barboza has had a pacing issue where he tries to kill with every shot and there's no way to sustain that. His athleticism should give him a comfortable edge early on. Last I checked, Chikadze has been training at Kings with Dariush so his takedown defense should be better. The under is 4.5 and -125 which seems like an ok play. The DEC props are decent as a hedge.

I didn't notice that Lee was out for two torn ACLs. It's hard to imagine him surviving without his explosiveness. I think the only way I'd play Lee is by DEC at +195 and Rodriguez straight at +125.

Muradov TKO is -150. The over under looks right.

Di Chirico DEC is +145 and Alhassan ITD is +334.

Stewart TKO is +525. Could play Jacoby straight at -160 and hedge easily.

I'm not liking much right now. I'm gonna go deeper on Brunson Till and probably throw Ankalaev into some parlays.

Literally any play right now to me feels like it would be forced. I'm just not down with giving away the stack of $ I just made on the last card by betting a bunch of fights that I have no strong leans on. Was thinking MAYBE Turman as a straight fade of Alvey because he's not only washed, he's washed AND he's ultra low volume. But...it's Wellington Turman so...yeah. Maybe Jacoby but even that seems...meh. AT -130 sure but he's -165...meh.

If I'm able to actually watch the card, may just be a night to pick and choose some live bet spots.

Did you mean Barboza had an issue with fading in fights? Chikadze's last two didn't make it out of the 1st. As far as I can tell, Barboza has had a pacing issue where he tries to kill with every shot and there's no way to sustain that. His athleticism should give him a comfortable edge early on. Last I checked, Chikadze has been training at Kings with Dariush so his takedown defense should be better. The under is 4.5 and -125 which seems like an ok play. The DEC props are decent as a hedge.

I didn't notice that Lee was out for two torn ACLs. It's hard to imagine him surviving without his explosiveness. I think the only way I'd play Lee is by DEC at +195 and Rodriguez straight at +125.

Muradov TKO is -150. The over under looks right.

Di Chirico DEC is +145 and Alhassan ITD is +334.

Stewart TKO is +525. Could play Jacoby straight at -160 and hedge easily.

I'm not liking much right now. I'm gonna go deeper on Brunson Till and probably throw Ankalaev into some parlays.
Well the last two that went to decision

At this point in their careers it may very well be giga that holds up better in the later rounds

barboza just has that experience factor though. Been in there with some high level guys

think I’m actually leaning giga at this point in their careers. I think he can put the kind of pressure on barboza over the course of the fight that will break him down

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back