UFC Fight Night: Covington v Woodley

Just got done with my tape, which confirmed my instinct. Dern is undervalued against Markos. Before, I thought maybe Markos would give Dern some trouble on the feet. Now, I don't believe Dern has anything to fear from Markos on the feet. In fact, Dern is the better striker.

I'm sure most of you will scoff at that, but she looked MUCH better on the feet against Ribas than she had in any of her other fights. That was shortly after giving birth. She will undoubtedly look even better this time out with a full recovery and more time to improve.

On the other hand, Markos will look worse. She is 35, and you don't get quicker at that age. She was much slower than Ribas, but Dern was not much slower than Ribas. Ribas just has sharper boxing. Dern will have the speed and power edge on Markos on the feet.

Of course, if it goes to the mat, which it likely will because Markos can't resist it, it will probably be lights out quick. It's just good to know after watching film that Dern should handle Markos on the feet too.

Max bet on Dern for me.
To me in my research, ( i have researched this fight so much and u have made do it again now fkn ell), I noticed Markos is decent at stopping TDs. Shucked off a Ghadela double leg, Ribas got on top from a slip in the first, in the third Markos took her down and got swept. Even against Espraza she won the fight by looking in a crusifix and getting good positions when taken down. Against Yoder she was belting her in the standup, and got double legged when she got over excited and charged in. I also Markos might suprise some people on the ground in terms of surviving. I think this comes down to the standup, and Dern is bit more aggressive and throws combos that end in kicks. Ye its sloppy but its volue and aggression, Markos just stays hunched over and occasionally throws at air. I will look into both the Ribas fights again but ye, at this point I cashed out. This going to round 3 or DEC has value in my opinion

I think that, either it stays on the feet and we will have the typical WMMA standup "battle" with two girls who can't strike for shit and it ends up with an (again typical) "controversial" split decision with Sal D'Amato spoiling the party...
Either Dern takes her down and submits her...

Baeza/Wells is off now, Baeza pulled out.

Rumour has it Woodly/Covington is up the air and may be pulled from the card due to a corona positive test.

Baeza/Wells is off now, Baeza pulled out.

Rumour has it Woodly/Covington is up the air and may be pulled from the card due to a corona positive test.

Any links or sources on wood/Covington?

I need to know how anxious I need to be today. Please be reddit or your cousin Eddie haha

To me in my research, ( i have researched this fight so much and u have made do it again now fkn ell), I noticed Markos is decent at stopping TDs. Shucked off a Ghadela double leg, Ribas got on top from a slip in the first, in the third Markos took her down and got swept. Even against Espraza she won the fight by looking in a crusifix and getting good positions when taken down. Against Yoder she was belting her in the standup, and got double legged when she got over excited and charged in. I also Markos might suprise some people on the ground in terms of surviving. I think this comes down to the standup, and Dern is bit more aggressive and throws combos that end in kicks. Ye its sloppy but its volue and aggression, Markos just stays hunched over and occasionally throws at air. I will look into both the Ribas fights again but ye, at this point I cashed out. This going to round 3 or DEC has value in my opinion

Dern's tds suck. She was getting manhandled by a much smaller Cifers. It doesn't give me hope that she'll get a proper wrestler like Markos down.

She will have harder shots on the feet, but Markos will have the better technique. Markos is no slouch on the feet and the older she gets, the trickier she's getting there.

I'd steer clear of this fight completely. There's too much unexpected that could happen. Dern might be able to overpower her on the feet, but she might not. She might get it to the ground in a scramble type exchange, but she might just get stuffed easily. It might go to the third or a decision, but Dern could very well snap up a limb quick.

If I was betting though, I'd go Dern I think. She has more tools to finish with.

Any links or sources on wood/Covington?

I need to know how anxious I need to be today. Please be reddit or your cousin Eddie haha

Yeah my cousin Eddie basically said the whole press conference was arranged to have Woodly/Covington on stage together going at it, building hype, which makes sense, but with one of them potentially being positive for corona they had to keep them separate just incase.

After watching tape on Dvorak, it doesn't stand out to me that he has the wrestling to take Espinosa down.
Therefore, we will see a kickboxing match IMO, in which I slightly favor Espinosa (both are very good but Espinosa looks a bit faster and that jab is a thing of beauty...)
Would have taken a shot at Espinosa when he was +140, but now at pick'em odds it's a pass.
We'll see ...but iam confident that David will take him down without any big problems ..(i may be wrong)but my prediction is that David will put pressure on Espinosa and will take him down (mainly in smaller Apex octagon)

did you see him face off with GM3? I think he might be a MW... kinda like burns fighting at LW but is really a WW .
Khamzat fights in both divisions also have 60 % of fights in WW and 40%of fights in MW(also his second match in UFC was in WW)and normally walks around with +− 205

Dern's tds suck. She was getting manhandled by a much smaller Cifers. It doesn't give me hope that she'll get a proper wrestler like Markos down.

She will have harder shots on the feet, but Markos will have the better technique. Markos is no slouch on the feet and the older she gets, the trickier she's getting there.

I'd steer clear of this fight completely. There's too much unexpected that could happen. Dern might be able to overpower her on the feet, but she might not. She might get it to the ground in a scramble type exchange, but she might just get stuffed easily. It might go to the third or a decision, but Dern could very well snap up a limb quick.

If I was betting though, I'd go Dern I think. She has more tools to finish with.
Cifers is a strong stocky lady. Dont know why everyone keeps underestimating her strength

did you see him face off with GM3? I think he might be a MW... kinda like burns fighting at LW but is really a WW

Markos got subbed by Courtney fucking Casey. Dern will finish Markos in round 1 I’m thinking.
Well, Chimaev would have an easier road to the title at MW than at WW.

We'll see ...but iam confident that David will take him down without any big problems ..(i may be wrong)but my prediction is that David will put pressure on Espinosa and will take him down (mainly in smaller Apex octagon)

Khamzat fights in both divisions also have 60 % of fights in WW and 40%of fights in MW(also his second match in UFC was in WW)and normally walks around with +− 205
Dvorak doesnt have great takedowns but has shown better cardio. Im thinking the first round could be close but as Espinosa begins to gas in the 2nd, then Dvorak should begin looking for the take down where he has a distinct advantage.

Dvorak doesnt have great takedowns but has shown better cardio. Im thinking the first round could be close but as Espinosa begins to gas in the 2nd, then Dvorak should begin looking for the take down where he has a distinct advantage.

Yes,most likely.

BTW by what i seen in videos from Dvorak preparation camp. It seems like they focused mainly on TDs with heavier guys than Espinosa , thats why iam so confident about this pick.

edit:i also wouldnt be surprised if Dvorak finish Espinosa via elbow/uppercut KO

I really hope Meerschaert puts a cap on this "road to the title" talk about Chimaev who has fought two completely outmatched opponents, one of which was on short notice and had no time to gameplan for him.

Back