PBP UFC Fight Night Liverpool: Thompson vs. Till (PBP) 10:30am ET/7:30am PT/3:30pm UK

Guys I'm out. I watched that whole shitty event, capped off by that turd of a cherry on top. Better luck next card, take it easy out there

You just witnessed two of the most technically skilled strikers at WW. Only a casual would find that boring.
I'm not a casual and I thought it was boring. Yes a casual would also find it boring, but they probably wouldn't understand the technical side of it either. I understand the technical aspects of the fight, just like I understand "lay and pray" methods used by wrestlers... doesn't change the fact that it's boring to watch. Match ups make fights to watch.

That's irrelevant

It is, it's silly not to fallow the rules of the competition, have your moral victory but them score cards and history just recorded the other guy as the winner.

Wboy screwed up with to much defense and low activity he didn't get 3 rounds or a stoppage in that competition.

It is, it's silly not to fallow the rules of the competition, have your moral victory but them score cards and history just recorded the other guy as the winner.

Wboy screwed up with to much defense and low activity he didn't get 3 rounds or a stoppage in that competition.
upload_2018-5-27_22-20-57.png

You say he had no reason to lose that fight, then in your very next sentence say exactly why he lost that fight
He was still more active than Till tho.

And thats not what I even meant. He had no reason to fight the way he fought. He had a win gift wrapped for him and wasted it

The only possible argument for Till would be Octagon control. However, if you keep getting countered while you're moving forward, are you really controlling the Octagon effectively? Hell no.

This is exactly the reason why the new judging criteria needs to become the all around standard.

Octogon control under the new system is not counted "unless" there is a tie in the striking/grappling aspect of the fight. Only then is that considered a criteria. (this is right off the UFC's website) Unfortunately, not all judges use it.

This fight is a perfect reason for the new scoring system because Wonderboy outstruck him. Till pressed forward, but as I understand it, strikes are actually what cause more damage. (lol... obviously)

While we're at it, lets not have local judges. Is that just too much truth for people to understand? WTF should local have to do with a decision? None.

Back