UFC FN 130 PBP/Discussion

I think there are more complaints from bettors that lose really close, boring fights than from those that lose really close but super exciting fights.

Like, if I have to sit through a snoozer I at least want to be paid dammit! Whereas let's say you were on Shogun in his first fight with Hendo. Yeah you lost $, but at least you got to see an all time epic fight.

I have nothing to back up this viewpoint other than it at least seems that way here after the fights.

I was honestly surprised at how much of the MMA media scored it for Thompson. I didn't watch it live and I'd had a few beers at that point, but most of the rounds seemed like they could've gone either way. Till moving forward probably swayed it the most.

I was honestly surprised at how much of the MMA media scored it for Thompson. I didn't watch it live and I'd had a few beers at that point, but most of the rounds seemed like they could've gone either way. Till moving forward probably swayed it the most.

I thought Thompson won based on more of his strikes landing clean. But arguing this dec is silly. Neither guy deserved to win honestly. I don't feel robbed one bit on my loss.

I thought Thompson won based on more of his strikes landing clean. But arguing this dec is silly. Neither guy deserved to win honestly. I don't feel robbed one bit on my loss.

I actually ended up fast forwarding through the 5th and then saw the knockdown. Fights like that suck IMO. I prefer fights that have at least some grappling and clinch work. At least with a boring grappling fight, someone is imposing their will on the other guy. I'll take a Fitch fight any day over a staring contest standing.

I thought it was a thrilling staring contest, but then again, I had money on Till dec.

Did U regret closing your Till bet?
Hindsight is 20/20. Decision could have gone either way so maybe only a little bit. Would arb out in similar situation in future though

I've seen bunch of people argue that Till won because he pressured. While that may be one of the reasons (alongside homerism etc.), it's fundamentally wrong. Pressure or "octagon control" are only supposed to be judged if "effective striking" is dead even, which wasnt the case.

Judges (especially the ones who scored it 49-46) plain and simple dont know the rules, or chose to not follow them for whatever reason.

I've seen bunch of people argue that Till won because he pressured. While that may be one of the reasons (alongside homerism etc.), it's fundamentally wrong. Pressure or "octagon control" are only supposed to be judged if "effective striking" is dead even, which wasnt the case.

Judges (especially the ones who scored it 49-46) plain and simple dont know the rules, or chose to not follow them for whatever reason.

I think they weren't valuing Thompson's offense much. I know I didn't.

Rewatching Tills entrance and post fight interview almost makes me forget all about all the money I lost on that fight...Good stuff.

THEY'RE ALL GETTING IT

Holy shit. I don't know if I even should be sharing this because it's actually pretty embarrassing and reflects really poorly on my BR managment and general IQ but I just logged into my Unibet account and realised that while playing the line movement on Till & Wonderboy I placed my single biggest bet on the wrong guy (when they were both at 1.90). I just went from taking a loss on the main event to being +13u.

Last edited:
No idea why Wonderboy is popular. Boring as F to watch and Welterweight is quickly becoming the most boring division in the UFC. Covington, Usman, Woodley & WB are all top 5 and boring. RDA better win the interim title to add some spice

WB is amazing. It is just too bad he stopped being aggressive in his high profile fights.

Yea this isn’t boxing

Till can’t win a fight by walking forward and doing nothing

WB is amazing. It is just too bad he stopped being aggressive in his high profile fights.

He has had some of the most memorably boring fights in history. 1-2 flashy kicks doesn't erase that 75+ minutes of boredom he created the last 3-4 fights

Back