UFC FOX 26 - RDA vs Lawler - Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reviewed my excel spreadsheets to analyze my 2017 betting profits and this is without a doubt my highest profit earning year on record. Conclusion: Up like an arrow shot into the air doing more woo'ing than Rick Flair. #Rolexwearindiamondringwearinkissstealinwheelindealinlimousineridinjetflyinsonofagun

Currently have no plans to offer any more free picks as I have reached my allotted quota. However, if Doug Jones wins Alabama senate race, I will be capping and posting every single fight for the rest of the year. That's 23 fights in total and God knows how many man hours down in the lab capping my brains out. I'm terrified what America has become under Trump and what the future holds when a alleged pedo can represent the great state of Alabama. Let's roll like the Crimson Tide and I ain't referring to that movie with Denzel Washington taking on the Russian hacks, man.

- Barry
yeah, yeah you are another elite bettor.
We know <YeahOKJen>

Yes, complete can crusher who is 0-6 against people with winning records, whom Menga went to dec with.

You guys are looking into this way too much imo. Menga has 2 decisions on his record. You can't always fault guys for going to decision, even against lower level fighters. You can be 0-20 and be harder to put away than someone who's 20-2. Subs are easier than knockouts for tougher guys, but Menga is not a eurograppler as it's being implied. He seems to just have grappling skills and take those opportunities when they come.

Real potential flw prospect vs solid but flakey fighter at strong dog odds. I'm not gonna be convinced otherwise there.

Hard to say he is a legit prospect though when he literally hasn't even fought anyone good. Now he is being asked to make the jump to the UFC against a top ten FLW in his debut? After a total of 41 seconds of cage time in 3 years no less. Elliot has lost to the best of the best at FLW and has been competetive with them. This guy has been competetive with regional cans. There are levels here and I feel this will be another example of that. He isn't even that big of a dog either, Knight was a stronger fav over Benetiz last event, and we knew Benetiz had the advantage standing in that one. Just saying theres gotta be better spots for you to throw a dart.

Last edited:
Why do you think hes such a legit prospect cos hes 13-0? This is a huge step up and when has he looked spectacular? The british regional scene is a lot weaker than the american regional scene too. Like stun said one fight in 3 yrs over a journeyman who retired after that fight due to a shadow on his brain so he was clearly a bit punchey to say the least.

if igor had better tdd he probably would have knocked jan out. i don't agree that shit is a 50/50 at all.

Hard to say he is a legit prospect though when he literally hasn't even fought anyone good. Now he is being asked to make the jump to the UFC against a top ten FLW in his debut? After a total of 41 seconds of cage time in 3 years no less. Elliot has lost to the best of the best at FLW and has been competetive with them. This guy has been competetive with regional cans. There are levels here and I feel this will be another example of that. He isn't even that big of a dog either, Knight was a stronger fav over Benetiz last event, and we knew Benetiz had the advantage standing in that one. Just saying theres gotta be better spots for you to throw a dart.

I don't get how you can judge him being "competitive" with cans by looking at his record alone. I looked up one of those fights to see how competitive it was, against Artemij Sitenkov. If you're wondering why the name sounds familiar, scroll down his record a little bit lol. He's actually a very strong bjj fighter. Menga spent probably a combined 13 out of 15 minutes in top control working subs against an active guard. Got reversed once and reversed back almost immediately. You're not always going to get finishes, and he's still mostly a finisher.

I don't get how you can judge him being "competitive" with cans by looking at his record alone. I looked up one of those fights to see how competitive it was, against Artemij Sitenkov. If you're wondering why the name sounds familiar, scroll down his record a little bit lol. He's actually a very strong bjj fighter. Menga spent probably a combined 13 out of 15 minutes in top control working subs against an active guard. Got reversed once and reversed back almost immediately. You're not always going to get finishes, and he's still mostly a finisher.

I am assuming you want me to be impressed that he kneebared Conor a decade ago? That doesn't speak to high level BJJ and the guy is 15-16 no matter how you shake it with 8 sub losses. I only had to watch the fight with the 13-6 Bulgarian where he lost the first round to make that statement. It is literally the only decent guy he has fought and he was content to play guard and fish for a triangle for an entire round.

Elliot is going to be in on this kids hips so fast, there just aren't wrestlers of his caliber on the Euro regional scene....It will look just like the Smolka fight, except Smolka seems like a lot higher level grappler. If you are going to play Pietro, I would just stab his sub line as Elliot has proven capable of brainfarting.

Last edited:
I am assuming you want me to be impressed that he kneebared Conor a decade ago? That doesn't speak to high level BJJ and the guy is 15-16 no matter how you shake it with 8 sub losses. I only had to watch the fight with the 13-6 Bulgarian where he lost the first round to make that statement. It is literally the only decent guy he has fought and he was content to play guard and fish for a triangle for an entire round.

I'm not asking you to be impressed by it, I'm just stating that they're not necessarily randoms. He dominated an active guard for almost 15 minutes and just wasn't able to get the finish. You're acting like it's not a regular thing for even very hyped up and now-proven fighters to have decisions on their record at lower levels.

I watched the fight you're talking about. Menga had a kick caught and went for sub attempts rather than getting up, which he got very close to finishing. Second round Menga dropped him and didn't finish because of a kinda early celebration. Worked a very tight RNC that Sotir survived late in the round. Other than that it was mostly just dominance. You're looking into some things too much and not looking into others enough.

Elliott is 3-6 in the UFC for a reason. He's flakey. I like his style but anyone who can match his activity on the ground can find ways to beat him. I think Menga can do that and I really like his striking as well.

Anyone looking into Makdessi? +180 seems way off pretape...

I'm not asking you to be impressed by it, I'm just stating that they're not necessarily randoms. He dominated an active guard for almost 15 minutes and just wasn't able to get the finish. You're acting like it's not a regular thing for even very hyped up and now-proven fighters to have decisions on their record at lower levels.

I watched the fight you're talking about. Menga had a kick caught and went for sub attempts rather than getting up, which he got very close to finishing. Second round Menga dropped him and didn't finish because of a kinda early celebration. Worked a very tight RNC that Sotir survived late in the round. Other than that it was mostly just dominance. You're looking into some things too much and not looking into others enough.

Elliott is 3-6 in the UFC for a reason. He's flakey. I like his style but anyone who can match his activity on the ground can find ways to beat him. I think Menga can do that and I really like his striking as well.

Eh alright, we will agree to disagree here, just saying I think catching a sub his only path really, so would rather stab that then go bigger on his ML. To me his stirking was meh, got out boxed for the most part against Sotir (dropped him with a nice knee though).

Elliot is 3-6 because he has fought DJ, Ben10, Smolka, Benavidez, Dodson, Makovsky, and Ali Bags...fucking murderers row. He also went on to beat some very good competetion in Titan before making his recent run through TUF and this UFC stint. He took a round off DJ that was mostly grappling, just think about that for a moment and then remember what he just did to Ray Borg, a beastly bjj player.

Last edited:
Eh alright, we will agree to disagree here, just saying I think catching a sub his only path really, so would rather stab that then go bigger on his ML. To me his stirking was meh, got out boxed for the most part against Sotir (dropped him with a nice knee though).

Elliot is 3-6 because he has fought DJ, Ben10, Smolka, Benavidez, Dodson, Makovsky, and Ali Bags...fucking murderers row. He also went on to beat some very good competetion in Titan before making his recent run through TUF and this UFC stint.

The only striking exchange I saw where Sotir landed a shot was at the beginning of the first. In the second Sotir came in whiffing and Menga tagged him, then the knee a few seconds later. Of course Elliott's fought tough comp, I just don't think he's been as impressive as some think outside a couple of those fights (obviously including DJ though). I'd like to stab Menga KO here tbh. But yeah, otherwise agree to disagree. Hopefully the line widens for me when POS bovada puts it up

The only striking exchange I saw where Sotir landed a shot was at the beginning of the first. In the second Sotir came in whiffing and Menga tagged him, then the knee a few seconds later. Of course Elliott's fought tough comp, I just don't think he's been as impressive as some think outside a couple of those fights (obviously including DJ though). I'd like to stab Menga KO here tbh. But yeah, otherwise agree to disagree. Hopefully the line widens for me when POS bovada puts it up

Lol I dealt with that for a long time too man, fucking blows, gotta get on Dimes!

Makdessi +180 is an elite bet, line should be flipped

34 year old Trujillo is devolving, he's no longer the super aggressive wrestler/brawler, now he's far more passive and he's lost his killer instinct. All the guy talks about is going vegan and how it's benefited his so much but I don't see it. His cardio still sucks, he's only got one good round in him and after that he slows down and breaks mentally, like always.

Trujillo has fought some high level fighters in the UFC but he couldn't beat them, his only wins in the UFC are over low level competition, no one even worth mentioning.

Makdessi got wheel kicked last December, it was the first KO loss of his career even though he didn't go out completely. Makdessi also has a TKO loss to Cerrone but that has due to a broken jaw.

Makdessi has been at Rofus Sport for the last few months and he seems like he's in a good place mentally. I really like that camp and they're getting good results lately. Plenty of high level fighters around Makdessi's weight and it's a striking based gym.

Makdessi is a much better technical striker than Trujillo. Makessi is faster, more techniques, higher output, good head movement. Trujillo just loads up and throw telegraphed shots, Makdessi will slip that garbage. Trujillo has a punchers chance but not a great one, his power is overrated, only 5 KO/TKO wins

Against Trujillo, Makdessi won't be at height disadvantage and he's only at a 2 inch reach disadvantage which is insignificant. Usually Makdessi is at a significant height and reach disadvantage

Goodluck trying to wrestle Makdessi too, he's shown very solid TDD 87%, only been taken down 4 times in his UFC career. Trujillo might be able to get an early TD but he'll just tire himself out trying.

I love that this fight is in Canada, you know the Canadian judges support their countrymen. Trujillo usually has a good 1st round but after that he slows down. Makdessi has the much better conditioning and likes to pick the pace up as the fight progresses. Makdessi's striking, cardio and higher output will get him the win here and most likely by decision.

Makdessi is 13-2 in Canada

Last edited:
Reviewed my excel spreadsheets to analyze my 2017 betting profits and this is without a doubt my highest profit earning year on record. Conclusion: Up like an arrow shot into the air doing more woo'ing than Rick Flair. #Rolexwearindiamondringwearinkissstealinwheelindealinlimousineridinjetflyinsonofagun

Currently have no plans to offer any more free picks as I have reached my allotted quota. However, if Doug Jones wins Alabama senate race, I will be capping and posting every single fight for the rest of the year. That's 23 fights in total and God knows how many man hours down in the lab capping my brains out. I'm terrified what America has become under Trump and what the future holds when a alleged pedo can represent the great state of Alabama. Let's roll like the Crimson Tide and I ain't referring to that movie with Denzel Washington taking on the Russian hacks, man.

- Barry

Looks like you have some capping to do

Doug Jones already winning me 2.7u for my bankroll for this card

Liking Silva, Makdessi and Blachowicz on the undercard.

I think I will play alessio di chirico, Bamgbose has cardio for one round, Di chirico has been never kod so he should survive the first round and than start wining

- Barry

Where do you sell your picks? I've never seen anything resembling a record off you, aside from that time you put like 20u on GSP ML.

Laprise O1.5 at 1.8 with marathon bet is significantly higher than any other euro book (all around 1.5-1.58) may have a go at that. Hopefully laprise plays it smart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back