UFC FOX 26 - RDA vs Lawler - Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
this isn't right. if over 2.5 means 3 completed rds, what does under 2.5 rds mean? less than 2 rds completed? you would win any dispute on this if they tried not to pay. the bookie cant win all bets that finish in a whole rd. i had to explain all this to a noob at betfred when he tried this stunt on me. the juice on the over under in the lamas fight at marathon bet is 5%. now if they had a whole rd to win our money you would see fights with + money on both sides of the line and they could still make a profit. o2.5 at marathon bet has to be the same as all other bookies. any errors on grading this can just be corrected as its just a noob grading who doesn't understand and is used to grading football goals totals
I know it's not right. But unfortunately with marathon this completed rounds business is in their terms & conditions, rather than just a clueless employee making a hash of grading the bet.

if over 2.5 means 3 completed rds, what does under 2.5 rds mean? less than 2 rds completed? because under 2.5 cannot mean under 3 completed rds coz that just doesn't make sense.
And yes to them U2.5 means less than 3 rounds completed, that's what they said to me over live chat.

I'm playing Blach as a Cannonier-fade, as I feel the dude's been a tad overrated in the rush to crown random LHWs as being the next big thing.
I don't think anyone is calling Cannonier "LHW's next big thing" but it is a dead division and Cannonier is a nice addition. Cannonier is not young, he's already 33, started late. His athleticism is what makes him stand out, very explosive and has shown impressive cardio too.

I don't get fading Cannonier, especially against someone like Jan. Cannonier's cardio gives him a big advantage over Jan and his Polish gas tank. Unless Jan can get an early finish, I don't see this going well for him. I'd fade Jan but I want a better number

You make some good calls like Vick over Duffy but then you also say things that don't make sense like "Swanson should be -250 over undefeated Ortega". Fading Cannonier with Jan, that doesn't make sense, its a bad match up for Jan.

I don't think anyone is calling Cannonier "LHW's next big thing" but it is a dead division and Cannonier is a nice addition. Cannonier is not young, he's already 33, started late. His athleticism is what makes him stand out, very explosive and has shown impressive cardio too.

I don't get fading Cannonier, especially against someone like Jan. Cannonier's cardio gives him a big advantage over Jan and his Polish gas tank. Unless Jan can get an early finish, I don't see this going well for him. I'd fade Jan but I want a better number

You make some good calls like Vick over Duffy but then you also say things that don't make sense like "Swanson should be -250 over undefeated Ortega". Fading Cannonier with Jan, that doesn't make sense, its a bad match up for Jan.

Jan ain't finishing Cannon. He's gonna walk Jan down just like he did to Cute and make a statement as first man in the UFC to finish Jan.

Jan ain't finishing Cannon. He's gonna walk Jan down just like he did to Cute and make a statement as first man in the UFC to finish Jan.
Yeah I agree, very possible Cannonier gets a late finish. Jan's cardio is so trash and he's fighting a guy that brings a high pace, it'll only get worse for Jan as the fight progresses.

Cannon's measured pressure going to give Jan fits. Clark had him moving backwards just by running at him with strikes. I think Cannons feints and pressure will gas him sooner as he will always be reacting. He backs up into the cage against Cannon and he is going to get unloaded on with power punches. If/when he gases, one of those flurries can easily garner a stoppage.

Because he was finishing fighters with negative records in the 1st round before coming into the UFC.
The way he fights it's either getting a finish early R1 or getting finished or getting the shit kicked out of him the rest of the fight. Against Costa it almost seemed like he just mentally quit after running out of gas. Please correct me if I have this wrong, but Costa was not getting that many strikes through with g'n'p and still Bamgbose just covered up until the fight got stopped. Costa hits a whole lot harder than Chirico, but still I like Chiroco's ML better than o1.5. That's mostly a personal preference though as I just hate betting overs, but I do think Chirico can finish the fight early R2 on a good day and Bamgbose has a puncher's chance to finish pretty much anyone within first minutes.

I dont get this makdesi love here, dude will have ring rust. Coming back from a nasty KO. Abel lost in ufc only against legit competition like Ferguson,Khabib and Vick. He will Ko or win a decision here. Abel and Cannonier are my most confident picks.

Oluwale bamgbose

-excited to get into this fight
-running a bunch of jobs, gym and tech guy to pay daily bills
-fired up after costa touched his head and did not get fined- got emotional during the fight due to it
-says he uses a lot of energy when he fights and did not sleep properly fight before costa
-says guys he has faced before are better then chirico
-says has got more complete as a fighter and ready to test him, wants to be more dominating.
-trained with sam alvey, gerald merschaert for this fight
-focused on weight loss due to thanks giving/xmas, claims its going smooth
-fight can go to decision but wants 1,2,3 rounds of ass kicking, wont be shocked if he tko or subs him

Julian Marquez

-knew about fight for over 13 weeks
-longest camp he has had, normally 6 weeks but end of august knew it.
-was iin the gym still training and getting others ready for their fight even after dana white show win.
-says his diet is under control, kept thanks giving under firm control but he is able to enjoy food and drop weight at same time.
(some info mentioned is irrelevant due to opponent change from Vitor mirada to darren stewart)

Tim Elliott

-Is a morning person, prefers to get day started right. Gets up 5.30am, looks after daughter also.
-using misha tates place as a step between gap for this camp, working in ufc institute centre.
-knows his style well, believes opponents are working his style out and that is why he lost.
Says Ben (last opponent) is young and smart and took advantage of him.
-Says he is an old guy but is working to improve and fix these small mistakes or gaps opponents can take advantage off.
-can do 10 rounds here with similar sized guys and cant do that back home, so happy to be here.
-can do stuff at extreme courture still. Is welcomed by extreme couture fighters and gym.
-did grappling at 10th planet ji jitsu also and got rag dolled, appreciates the training sessions.
-was 162 pounds after MM fight, didn't almost make weight was in tears..... but now got it right and can lose weight better.
(some info mentioned is irrelevant due to opponent change to Menga)

The way he fights it's either getting a finish early R1 or getting finished or getting the shit kicked out of him the rest of the fight. Against Costa it almost seemed like he just mentally quit after running out of gas. Please correct me if I have this wrong, but Costa was not getting that many strikes through with g'n'p and still Bamgbose just covered up until the fight got stopped. Costa hits a whole lot harder than Chirico, but still I like Chiroco's ML better than o1.5. That's mostly a personal preference though as I just hate betting overs, but I do think Chirico can finish the fight early R2 on a good day and Bamgbose has a puncher's chance to finish pretty much anyone within first minutes.

I think that if we see a finish from Di chirico, it will be late in the 2nd round or in the 3rd, and if we see it from Bamgbose, it will be in the 1st.
Bamgbose gasses, but Di Chirico hasn't looked like a finisher in the UFC so far, he couldn't even finish a gassed Mcllelan, who is a bad fighter with awful defense.

Forgot to mention that Abel with be way bigger than Makdesi too.
If Abel would be +150 than everybody would bet him lol

I dont get this makdesi love here, dude will have ring rust. Coming back from a nasty KO. Abel lost in ufc only against legit competition like Ferguson,Khabib and Vick. He will Ko or win a decision here. Abel and Cannonier are my most confident picks.

Don't wiki cap Abel/Mak, that is why the line is where it is IMO. I am actually glad Mak took a year off, he came back too soon after Cerrone broke his jaw and then had some tough fights against good strikers. Now at Rofus I expect him to be healed and well coached for this one.

Don't wiki cap Abel/Mak, that is why the line is where it is IMO. I am actually glad Mak took a year off, he came back too soon after Cerrone broke his jaw and then had some tough fights against good strikers. Now at Rofus I expect him to be healed and well coached for this one.
I Parlayed him with Cannonier and 2 fighters from ksw 41 already for 250$

i don't know how james lynch kept a straight face. alessio still -115.

Laprise seems like a pick here, no? Even at fav odds. I understand we don't know much about Galore but Laprise MUST be a huge step up in competition for him. The Ward fight was absolutely ridiculous (if not fixed, honestly) and I want to cash in on the Galore hype before it even becomes a cashable hype.

Edit: replaced "steal" with "pick". I know better than to use words like that.

Laprise seems like a pick here, no? Even at fav odds. I understand we don't know much about Galore but Laprise MUST be a huge step up in competition for him. The Ward fight was absolutely ridiculous (if not fixed, honestly) and I want to cash in on the Galore hype before it even becomes a cashable hype.

Edit: replaced "steal" with "pick". I know better than to use words like that.

Laprise is the best value pick on this card at -160 rn. I'm honestly shocked he's that small of a favorite. I'm just putting money on Bofando cuz he's fun and might do some crazy isht

Laprise seems like a steal here, no? Even at fav odds. I understand we don't know much about Galore but Laprise MUST be a huge step up in competition for him. The Ward fight was absolutely ridiculous (if not fixed, honestly) and I want to cash in on the Galore hype before it even becomes a cashable hype.
Fixed by whom? Who benefits? It was an unusual finish, but nothing that would make me particularly suspicious of any shenanigans. Galore said in a post-fight interview when he moved Ward's body he felt Ward's upper body was strong, but his legs were weak. So he tried a throw, and even he was a bit surprised he managed to ko him like that. I think the moral of the story is, don't skip leg day?

Fixed by whom? Who benefits? It was an unusual finish, but nothing that would make me particularly suspicious of any shenanigans. Galore said in a post-fight interview when he moved Ward's body he felt Ward's upper body was strong, but his legs were weak. So he tried a throw, and even he was a bit surprised he managed to ko him like that. I think the moral of the story is, don't skip leg day?

You're asking who benefits in a forum full of degen gamblers? Dude...

I wouldn't call Abel a confident pick for me but I'm def leaning to him more than others here. Makdessi hasn't looked good recently. He hasn't looked good in years, in fact. I think it could be a mental thing more than just the Cerrone beating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back