UFC Fox 27 - Jacare vs Brunson II - Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
care to elaborate?
I did a little breakdown on dober earlier in the thread.

If he doesn’t get early knockouts he tends to slow down from rd to rd. He throws 100% in every shot and with his build he can’t maintain that pace for 3 rds

Camacho is super tough. Good jiu jitsu. Strong. Had a great fight with li, who was bigger than he was and is also ultra tough and hits like a mule.

I think Camacho can take a decision from dober. I liked his odds at +150. Dober is flashy and the sexier pick but I think Camacho out grinds him. Camacho also has a ton of finishes. Dober has a massive melon so I think he can survive

Dober also got tapped by a standing guillotine by efrain escudero. Oam was actually piecing him up and frustrating him badly with his striking. Submitted by rnc by oam

I cap the fight as a pick em. Value on camacho

I see this as the potential fotn as well

Last edited:
is dober actually known for slowing down? serious question i can't remember.

camacho will give you 3 rounds of warfare no doubt, could be an interesting lb.

I personally like the u2.5, that fight to end by KO and Camacho ML. Both guys have been KO'd on the regionals, and there was definitely an argument for the Brown-Camacho fight to be waved off.

Like Brunson, Silva, Markos, Bermudez, Price itd and Chook.

Brunson ko is great too... Hes not sub Jacare and this fight dgtd imo.

-Brunson now training at home in North Carolina
-likes that he can spend more time with his family
-didn't cross train at JacksonWink this time
-went to Atlanta to train with Manu Ntoh (high level striking coach)

-Jacare moved to Orlando
-him and his family are loving the move
-training at Fusion X-Cel under Julien Williams (Mike Perry cross trains there too)
-can be seen sparring with former UFC middleweight Alex Nicholson

Jacare moved to a new camp? Not a good sign.

10th fight, hard a hard learning curve, I'm back to enjoying again, I was treating it as a job, wasn't having fun, back to having fun, my lifestyle is better, not partying anymore, i have a gf and puppy, more focused, i love fighting, getting hit, he'll look to take me down, won't work out well for him, I like this match up, he'll fight the way he usually does, he's been around for a long time, I will pick at him and stay long, I take risks, I've never been in a boring fight, I can finish him anywhere, co-main event on the stage, win/loss/win/loss drives me crazy, better place right now, get this win streak going, I will catch him coming in, he'll get clipped

3 hours away from home, feels good, 3 out of last 4 have been out of US, I'm focused on the fight, didn't answer facebook, instagram, I finish fights, I'm fan friendly, I'm consistent, it's about patience, can still get the finish, before I tried to force it, now I don't put myself in danger and still get the finish, don't spend all your energy in one spot, I own a gym, good to get revenge, I have a huge streak, 8 out of 9 (don't count Anderson), he's the same fighter, I'm not afraid to take him down, he peaked out, not hard to market a guy that gets first round KO, take my time, take him out

More potential red flags on Jacare: http://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/jacare-souza-ufc-on-fox-27-return-injury-of-injuries
- Had surgery to repair a torn pectoral
- During recovery his appendix burst and he needed another surgery, which put him in the hospital for 7 days
- Says the pectoral injury occurred before the Boetsch and Whittaker fights, but says he's not using it as an excuse for the loss to Whittaker
- Says he's had injury after injury the past few years and thought he was going to retire
- Couldn't do any training for 6 months, says he was fat and out of shape

It's hard to trust Brunson with a big bet, but this feels to me like two guys going in opposite directions right now.

Worked hard, weight cut is easy, went back to train on Monday, started training right away, found out about this fight 4 weeks ago, in the best shape I've ever been, loss has motivated me, I have 4 kids, I need to feed them, I didn't know anything about him when they offered him, no disrespect, I'm ready for whatever, bang it out, someone is going to bleed, my hand will be raised

In the past, I pushed myself too hard, in training, had alot of injuries, before I had life problems, my life is chaotic, back on the right track, change of coaches, change of energy, I used to argue with my old coach, we wouldn't talk, my new coach said this is just a glorified striking match, I'm supposed to walk through him, I care more about the show, I used to come out with energy, make the fight exciting and entertaining, I hope he'll be a good dance partner, I want FOTN, I will smash him, I stay away from my kids during fight camp, I don't have to fight, but who would feed these mouths, have 3 kids, and I have a house to pay for, I want to put on a show, be in his face, I'll come in his face, won't stop

Was tough to get a fight, I asked for one right away, I don't know what was going on, I even asked for a bigger weight class, No offence to Silva, but I want to fight guys that make me worried I might lose, Iaquinta has been dodging me, want alvarez, gaethje

This fight is welterweight, so I'm good to go, feeling good mentally, blessed to be signed by UFC, Brown was willing to stand in front of me and trade, special moment, favorite fight of my career

Been training all over the place, training at Tristar 3 months, i love it, go back in there and perform, be relax and have fun, whole new coach, Firas has been great, Pepey is tough and dangerous, I will earn it, I have what it takes, journey to world champion, no excuses this fight, very hard training camp, train all year round, go for the finish

In the past, I pushed myself too hard, in training, had alot of injuries, before I had life problems, my life is chaotic, back on the right track, change of coaches, change of energy, I used to argue with my old coach, we wouldn't talk, my new coach said this is just a glorified striking match, I'm supposed to walk through him, I care more about the show, I used to come out with energy, make the fight exciting and entertaining, I hope he'll be a good dance partner, I want FOTN, I will smash him, I stay away from my kids during fight camp, I don't have to fight, but who would feed these mouths, have 3 kids, and I have a house to pay for, I want to put on a show, be in his face, I'll come in his face, won't stop

Bold prediction from Green, but not the finish he needs here.

Was tough to get a fight, I asked for one right away, I don't know what was going on, I even asked for a bigger weight class, No offence to Silva, but I want to fight guys that make me worried I might lose, Iaquinta has been dodging me, want alvarez, gaethje

LOL at Pichel thinking he deserves top contenders when he has one fight in 3 years and it was against Damien Brown of all people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back