UFC have won the DJ/Askren trade by a country mile

And Askren made a bunch of money. Everybody won the trade. Askren lost the fights.

I'm not sure taking that knee was worth the money for someone who was already quite wealthy. That's the kinda shot that might make you shake and stutter later in life.

Untrue he might have gotten the best of all of it. It was worse for askren for sure. He got completely exposed and his aura of being this undefeated stripped away. Even losing to Maia who ispretty much done and doesnt have much further to go seals it.

At least if askren stayed retired, we'd still at least wonder how good he is. Now we don't have to.

Im talking more of a personal side over business. Business wise DJ won. But still living in the states and having to fly to asia to fight sucks for the fighter and family.

I'd say DJ won the trade. He makes more money fighting in a better organization that respects his abilities.
Dont think DJ is making much either in b leagues, if he promoted himself talked trash and called out TJ when he was champ he could be making 3x as much.

Don't buy the argument that the fans won by losing MM. He had alot of great fights... he didn't draw yes but he did many things inside the octagon that we will never see again.

Agree, also Askren brought some real entertainment to the UFC. Askren made fights entertaining and the bonus for ppl here is seeing him get finished.

Dont think DJ is making much either in b leagues, if he promoted himself talked trash and called out TJ when he was champ he could be making 3x as much.
Would he? Based on what exactly? Cause Cejudo beat TJ and won the BW belt and all he's talked about since is he isn't being paid enough. The UFC was never going to pay DJ big money ever. It was all talk from their side.

how do you know DJ makes more money now overall?? unless they show their paper, it's all talk.
my guess is i bet DJ made more money while in UFC overall with far more product endorsemenet tv commercial etc.
oneFC might pay him little more but I highly doubt DJ market value has gone up in oneFC.

The fuck you talking about? He lost his main sponsor, Microsoft (Xbox), with the Reebok deal and was the lowest paid male champ. The UFC wasn't even giving him new belts for each defense like the other champs, and those MetroPCS commercials don't pay shit.

He makes money from his Twitch channel, but that didn't change when he left the UFC.

ONE's viewership figures are bullshit, but they're legitimately sitting on a big pile of VC cash right now. He's better off in Asia.

Id say One FC won the trade, they got DJ who is looking great over there and in return they offloaded Askren who they clerarly made money from in the past but they probably knew it wouldn’t be long before someone took his unbeaten record.

They offload him to the UFC and are probably having a pretty good laugh at seeing him fall apart in the UFC, basically they took the pound for pound king from under the UFC’s nose and sent over a 2nd division can crusher in the trade.

Great business by One imo

Id say One FC won the trade, they got DJ who is looking great over there and in return they offloaded Askren who they clerarly made money from in the past but they probably knew it wouldn’t be long before someone took his unbeaten record.

They offload him to the UFC and are probably having a pretty good laugh at seeing him fall apart in the UFC, basically they took the pound for pound king from under the UFC’s nose and sent over a 2nd division can crusher in the trade.

Great business by One imo

My logic > your logic.

At least if askren stayed retired, we'd still at least wonder how good he is. Now we don't have to.

I;m sure Aksren really gives a shit about what idiot MMA fans wonder about vs the money he made fighting in the UFC.

As a fan of MMA I didn't like the trade.

MM was the best against competition in his weight class and deserved a trilogy fight. People seem to just hate him because the UFC clearly didn't like him. Shipping a dominant champ off after a split decision loss, when he beat Cejudo dominantly initially, is just petty... but that's how the UFC operates.

Overall the UFC won the trade, but that's because they convinced their fanbase they didn't like MM. Askren has transferred a lot of hype in his losses. Its not convenient for me to watch DJ in One, because its difficult for me to watch One events in general. But I'm in the minority that actually liked watching him fight.

As a fan of MMA I didn't like the trade.

MM was the best against competition in his weight class and deserved a trilogy fight. People seem to just hate him because the UFC clearly didn't like him. Shipping a dominant champ off after a split decision loss, when he beat Cejudo dominantly initially, is just petty... but that's how the UFC operates.

Overall the UFC won the trade, but that's because they convinced their fanbase they didn't like MM. Askren has transferred a lot of hype in his losses. Its not convenient for me to watch DJ in One, because its difficult for me to watch One events in general. But I'm in the minority that actually liked watching him fight.

Yeah personally I don't like the trade - the UFC should be about the best fighters competing, and when you trade away a guy who you spent YEARS claiming was the absolute best in the sport, you shatter any illusion that you're running a legit sporting league.

But that's the UFC - they're carny as fuck, they're only about the bottom line, and in that sense it was a great trade for them.

Well less spergs over there that actually respect Dj's abilities and know what they are watching.
Filthy casuals ruining the sport cause they want to jerk off to mediocre fighters like Jorge

giphy.gif

Back