UFC Kid Gloves: What's the Longest Winning Streak for an Undefeated Unranked UFC Fighter?

I think Usman might be within 10-15 by the time he fought Meek. Check Diego Sanchez. He had a small win streak before he started moving up in competition. I remember people used to complain he was babied.

Also someone like Royce. I am pretty sure he had a crazy win streak because it was tournament style. I don't even know how to rank him since it's so long ago.
Royce's opponents would not be ranked--there were not rankings until he retired (the first time). If it would count it would be 12–0–1 before coming out of retirement and facing a ranked Saku in the 2nd Rd of the PRIDE GP.

Paddy Pimblett is 5-0 he’s on his way.
i think he’s on track for where he is as a fighter. he’s clearly not some phenom, so it’s appropriate to make him fight unranked guys for a while. probably about time for a step up in competition tho.

Rory MacDonald was 10-0 until he lost to Condit? I’m not sure if he was ranked yet. Or did you mean only UFC wins.
Edit: nvm. Spent some time in the war room tonight and it gave me brain damage. Fml. 😅

Last edited:
CM Punk was given two relatively easy opponents with years of preparation and still has maintained that perfect 0 on his record.

It can't be, mate, he lost to Marlon Vera.

Sean only had 4 UFC wins before Chito Bito him.
I don't really count that chito win. Still undefeated

It's might be Usman. Pretty much anyone they call the dark horse of so and so divisions. It also depends on what you mean by ranked? top 15 or top 10? Also the undefeated parameter complicates things. Leon hung around unranked for a little bit too but he has early losses in the UFC. There are other guys who had streaks but not undefeated in the UFC. The short guy who Shavkat beat was killing it in the prelims for a few years but he had early losses too.
Usman did fight something like 7 unranked guys in a row, but he himself was ranked before the Strickland fight, so only after 4 wins

leonardo santos got 6 wins and was 7-0-1 until he lost to grant dawson ,who's also mentioned here

Then they gave him a barely-ranked talent and he lost in 33 seconds :eek::eek::eek:

Maybe giving these guys such a slow build isn't worth it lol

Good suggestion!
I don't know that Bobby Green is a fair litmus test though. The dude reminds me of Michael Johnson. He's either a world beater or terrible with little in between. For that matter, I don't know how those two have never fought.

Straight up:

What's the longest win streak for a fighter that has never lost in the UFC but has somehow managed to avoid ranked opponents/the rankings anyway?

Some of you must have some good info on this!
This is irrelevant to your original post but lol at your Sherdog belt title.

Do you like Dumas’s chances against Nursulton this weekend? I think it’s a solid fight.

Seems like Ulberg should be ranked at LhW

I do think he's a touch overrated but LHW is so thin

He's on a 5 fight win streak with 4 finishes

Sometimes a high finishing rate can get you into the rankings sooner

i think he’s on track for where he is as a fighter. he’s clearly not some phenom, so it’s appropriate to make him fight unranked guys for a while. probably about time for a step up in competition tho.

The guy has 24 pro fights under his belt, he made his pro debut 12 years ago and he's looking about the same as he did prior to his UFC run meaning he's not really going to get a whole lot better no matter how many unranked guys you get him. This is it.

Back